Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

I've seen more than enough now. Apologies and kudos to the guys who called it earlier.

I won't abuse him, he seems like a "good bloke", but he should not be managing our football club.

Our loyal fans deserve better from this club. Disgusted.

He is a great bloke, a legend in truth and we as fans should never forget all he's done for Australian football.

But from a Melbourne Heart perspective, his time is surely up. If he had done a decent coaching apprenticeship prior then who knows, maybe he'd have been an outstanding manager. 

I'm just done, and I'm sure I'm not the only fan in saying I've never felt this deflated whilst supporting this club.

• Like 5

There is no possible way that aloisi will survive the weekend as coach, the board stands to lose a lot more than a few hundred grand if they do not act quickly..

I will just not understand the logic if he survives and will not frown on members sending the memberships back in protest

It is probably too early for doom and gloom, but you are right. If the team can't string a few wins together and actually add some competition to the league, some people might start asking questions. Teams have folded for less.

JA has to go. The buck stops at him. There is no possible excuse, there should always be a plan B for injuries, if players aren't performing it is up to the coach to fix that. If your tactics aren't working, well that is only one persons fault. It seems that most fans are either ambivalent about JA or want him out, so the only reason I can see JA keeping his job is financial. And you have made the point that the club has alot more to lose that one mans wages. We wouldn't even need to hire a new coach, JVS is there.

Supporters need to make a stand. Social media is the easiest way to get the attention of the club. Ask for JA's resignation and tag in Melbourne Heart

For those not at the game, there was a banner unfurled late in the second half which read "ALOISI OUT". The security came around to take it from the supporters but they stood their ground and gave the secos and VICPOL a lot of mouth. Probably the most passionate display from supporters I'ves seen. I'm sure the club saw the banner - not sure that it got on camera though.

Edited by HEARTinator
  • Like 1

For those not at the game, there was a banner unfurled late in the second half which read "ALOISI OUT". The security came around to take it from the supporters but they stood their ground and gave the secos and VICPOL a lot of mouth. Probably the most passionate display from supporters I'ves seen. I'm sure the club saw the banner - not sure that it got on camera though.

The tv shot of the "aloisi out" banner + JA together was brilliant. KGB and MU5 banners upside down, terrace chanting "Aloisi Out"

:up:

• Like 1

Supporters need to make a stand. Social media is the easiest way to get the attention of the club. Ask for JA's resignation and tag in Melbourne Heart

Yeah, could see them telling seco and vicpol to piss off. Was good to see them sticking their ground, and i'm tempted to bring a similar banner to the adelaide game if things don't change...

• Like 1

I'm boycotting the Adelaide game if he is still our coach by then

Well your choice of course mate, but personally I'd like us to "hang tough" as a club and stand behind the red and white.  I mean regardless of the coach, regardless of the players, we'll be supporters.  So let's hang together through this tough time.   

• Like 2

I was suprised of the ages of these guys. Surely one of them is in his 30's! Which means we have passionate supporters of all ages!

There were some really old bastards, like 50s that were giving it to secos and VICPOL :) This gives the big farken lie about the club being plastic from those farken SMFC wankers and fellow travellors. Long live the Red&White!!
  • Like 1

I've seen enough. I now am for Aloisi getting sacked.

In truth, he needed to win this match, and at very least win one of the next 2 matches. This match was as easy as it is going to get for Aloisi, and we lost 2-0 and made Sydney look like a decent side (no easy feat). And now I can't imagine the next 2 matches meaningfully contradicting the evidence of some 33 matches that Aloisi has coached.

It looks like Aloisi has completely lost the team. They can't play under him, yet alone win.

This season, we've lost every time the opposition has scored first (that's happened 4 times).

Even this pre-season, we lost every time the opponent scored first (3 times).

By my count, when the opponent scored first last season we lost. We lost every game where the opponent scored first (the total: 14 losses). I can't even find a single instance where Aloisi has managed a win, or even a bloody draw, after the opponent scored first.

Unacceptable.

I'm just stunned how little progress Aloisi has made. I never expected him to be a great coach, but I thought he would be good enough to get results and play some decent football in the A-League. I was wrong.

It's now just a question of when. I'm still very concerned about who the club might sign to follow Aloisi. But we've past the tipping point, and Aloisi must go.
  • Like 1

Heart fans vent frustration as John Aloisi's side crashes 2-0 to Sydney FC at AAMI Park

THE boos were initially aimed at Richard Garcia, a former red and white star, but by half time they were firmly directed at current Heart players and the coach.

Melbourne Heart fans left AAMI Park exactly a week earlier frustrated but seemingly sharing the optimism possessed by John Aloisi.

Their side had lost to Western Sydney, but were impressive enough in general play and had created plenty of chances against a team regarded as the most defensively sound in the competition.

That goodwill had firmly dissipated by the time Joel Chianese tapped in one of the easiest goals of his life a minute before half-time to put Sydney FC 2-0 ahead.

It was only two weeks ago that the Sky Blues _ and their coach Frank Farina _ were under the pump.

For much of Friday night's game that same side comprehensively outplayed the home team.

A chorus of boos greeted referee Alan Milliner's half-time whistle and for much of the second period the crowd went relatively quiet, shell-shocked, much like the majority of the Heart players.

They urged their team on for the last 15 minutes as it peppered a Sydney team that retreated to defend its lead.

But they were soon rousing again to voice their displeasure after the game.

A chant of "Aloisi out" could be clearly heard at one end, a banner displaying the same words could be clearly seen at the other.

Even Aloisi was accepting of the supporters' angst.

"I can understand their frustration," Aloisi said.

"It's understandable because they don't want to see their team down the bottom and of course, with a performance like that, they've got every right to show their frustration and show their anger.

"I know what I'm like as a person and my players, they won't give up, they'll show that they've got fight in them, so do I.

"I've played in front of crowds that have done that before and been able to get over that."

Last week's crowd of 8070 was, according to chief executive Scott Munn, down about three thousand on initial estimates.

The terrible weather last Friday was a fair enough excuse for that.

Friday night's crowd of 8941 was, again, well below the predicted crowd of 11,000.

It might have rained all week in Melbourne but conditions were perfect.

The club requested to Football Federation Australia this off season that it be given bigger games, that too many Saturday and Sunday afternoon fixtures had counted against its pulling power.

Playing the Wanderers and the Sky Blues on back-to-back Friday nights are as big as it's going to get outside of derbies against Melbourne Victory.

On one hand, those crowds are two of the biggest the club has pulled outside of derby games in its three-and-a-bit seasons.

On the other, 13,752 turned up to watch this same fixture in February _ the first time Alessandro Del Piero had come to Melbourne to play Heart.

It is now abundantly clear that, regardless of the Del Piero factor, the capacity to grow the fan base further is hampered by a team that is not winning.

Read more: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/football/heart-fans-vent-frustration-as-john-aloisis-side-crashes-20-to-sydney-fc-at-aami-park/story-e6frf423-1226761432655#ixzz2kiRI3oNV

• Like 1

I'm boycotting the Adelaide game if he is still our coach by then

Well your choice of course mate, but personally I'd like us to "hang tough" as a club and stand behind the red and white.  I mean regardless of the coach, regardless of the players, we'll be supporters.  So let's hang together through this tough time.

Let's see what happens this week, time changes many things

For those who watched tonight's debacle on Foxtel would have heard Andy Harper and the other commentator let it rip.

They were scathing on the players and the club as a whole.

Harper said some home truths and whilst putting some of the blame on Aloisi he said the problem is higher than the coach.

Main issues is with things like training facilities and some of the things that have been present since day 1 of this club.

My opinion is that non football people, who know nothing about the game, are running the place and making decisions.

Sacking Aloisi is a must but the main issue lies with others.......

• Like 1