Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

My feeling is that the Board will have set JA (and others) some reasonable objectives. And they will be reviewing how those are going on a continual basis. In JA's case I reckon that will have been to participate in the finals series. The Board members have done everything else they said they would - provide more resources to the Football Department (Nus, Ripamonti, JvS, and the extra people in the NYL area) and they have allowed JA to sign, at least on paper, some good players. The Board doesn't set the tactics, do the selections, substitutions etc. They're probably even more pissed off than we are with what they are enduring - imagine taking a prospective client into the Directors' Box and seeing your team play abysmally.

If we start winning I reckon JA will stay. Because he will still have a chance of meeting his objectives. IMO crunch time will come when it is no longer mathematically possible for us to finish in the top six, and I think that will occur with 10-12 matches to go, depending on the results in the next 5-7 weeks.

Great! By then we will have a capacity crowd of 1k. Another record smashed!

One thing that I'm sure helps to keep JA in the job is that we haven't been loosing by a ridiculous margins.

Even during the game vs roar, we could have been easily 2 or 3 nil up in first half.

To us, draws and close defeats reek of pathetic effort and deficient tactics

Media only looks at the surface and after hearing JA talking about luck and chances in the press conferences, they are the ones that BELIEVE in his abilities.

If we start loosing 3 or 4 nil his head would roll.

It's not that bad, that's what his supporters think

Us...??.. Well watching team you love just loose or draw makes the whole experience so unsatisfying, it's like walking around with blue balls every weekend.

I saw a workmate today who I haven't seen for a couple of months. He is a marginal tards supporter and his opening words were "your team has been unlucky". I bit my tongue before giving him the whole story.

I work with Sydney and WSW supporters and they all say "you guys are so unlucky", "just need to learn to finish" and "Aloisi sounds good in press conferences".

I guess when people don't follow a team closely they don't see the inept tactics.

I saw a workmate today who I haven't seen for a couple of months. He is a marginal tards supporter and his opening words were "your team has been unlucky". I bit my tongue before giving him the whole story.

I work with Sydney and WSW supporters and they all say "you guys are so unlucky", "just need to learn to finish" and "Aloisi sounds good in press conferences".

I guess when people don't follow a team closely they don't see the inept tactics.

They must be taking the piss or seriously retarded.

They must be taking the piss or seriously retarded.

I think that they are content with us being complete shite.

I've had the same thing. Girl I know in newcastle, left a comment on fb book about JA and she said I feel sorry for him blah blah. Then I just gave her a brief run down of the stats and some of the info of things and she was like ooooooooooooooh, yeah I see your point now !!

I guess I'm the same with other teams. I don't really take notice of them and all the fine details

I guess I am sick of JA's response to the season so far. Comments like; "we are in this together" "the club is going through a tough time and we need to stick together"... As if there is some phantom or an external force in flicking this hard time on us.

JA you have caused this and you have brought all the unwanted headlines and records to this great club. Yes the players are not scoring but that is simply because they are in a pressure cooker environment that you have caused and they are not playing relaxed..

So when did all this start? Your post match comments after the Brisbane Roar game set the standard, I'm sorry buddy but when the team lose 3-0 and miss chances, the team needs to know that it's unacceptable, individual players need a kick up the ass.

And this is a comments to the Heart Board as well " LIFT THE STANDARDS"

I guess I am sick of JA's response to the season so far. Comments like; "we are in this together" "the club is going through a tough time and we need to stick together"... As if there is some phantom or an external force in flicking this hard time on us.

JA you have caused this and you have brought all the unwanted headlines and records to this great club. Yes the players are not scoring but that is simply because they are in a pressure cooker environment that you have caused and they are not playing relaxed..

So when did all this start? Your post match comments after the Brisbane Roar game set the standard, I'm sorry buddy but when the team lose 3-0 and miss chances, the team needs to know that it's unacceptable, individual players need a kick up the ass.

And this is a comments to the Heart Board as well " LIFT THE STANDARDS"

so when did all this start? Your post match comments after the Brisbane Roar game ........................................ Er NO, 

Try 9 months previous .... Away at Wellington 

A damp and cold shit hole of a day with the worst performance by Professional FootballersI have ever witnessed 

Yes I know and I agree that we have been shit under JA's watch but looking at this season he basically got a new team and released a hand full of players so I'm only analysing the results of the current heart team. Rd.1 vs Victory I thought we looked solid, both defensively and in midfield however in Attack I was concerned. Rd.2 we looked very good and played well vs the Mariners and going up 2-0 I thought we were good value and so did the media. Rd.3 vs Brisbane lost 3-0, played well but lacked killer instinct, defensively we collapsed.. Turning point was JA's post match comments.. That's what I meant by my earlier post.. He lowered our standards as a football team were by our players now believe, playing well is much more a priority than winning games and now it has become desperation for results.. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Brisbane home 4-1???

Now that's what I call "luck"; when we were 1-0 up Brisbane equalised through Nichols' cut back only for the goal to get cancelled because they adjudicated that the ball had gone out, but replays clearly show that the ball was still in!

We would've gone into the break 1-1 and who knows what would've happened from there...and Aloisi reckons that 'luck' is never on his side!

Yes I know and I agree that we have been shit under JA's watch but looking at this season he basically got a new team and released a hand full of players so I'm only analysing the results of the current heart team.

Rd.1 vs Victory I thought we looked solid, both defensively and in midfield however in Attack I was concerned.

Rd.2 we looked very good and played well vs the Mariners and going up 2-0 I thought we were good value and so did the media.

Rd.3 vs Brisbane lost 3-0, played well but lacked killer instinct, defensively we collapsed.. Turning point was JA's post match comments.. That's what I meant by my earlier post.. He lowered our standards as a football team were by our players now believe, playing well is much more a priority than winning games and now it has become desperation for results..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

don't forget the hopeless perth game over there, that was probably the worst performance as we defended all game and hardly had a shot at goal.

We were good in the first 20 mins against roar. But as soon as they put a bit of pressure against us we folded. The second half against roar is one of the worst pieces of football I have ever seen

Even in that game our tactics were poor because we were never gonna be able to sustain that sort of pressure and press so high for most of the match. Fatigue was always going to hit us and it happened late in the first half. Other coaches know how to implement a proper press thats sustainable for 90mins. JA is incapable of implementing this hence why he scrapped that tactic and our first halves have been utter shit since.

Redmayne leaps to defence of Aloisi

21 December 2013-SBS: Greg Prichard

Melbourne Heart goalkeeper Andrew Redmayne has raised a spirited defence of under-fire coach John Aloisi on the eve of the latest derby against Melbourne Victory.

Heart is winless and bottom of the table after 10 rounds this season and former Socceroos star Aloisi is under enormous pressure to turn the team's form around, starting with the game at AAMI Park on Saturday night.

Many observers are stunned that he is still in charge, given the combination of the team's results and the cut-throat nature of coaching.

Heart finished second from bottom after a poor end to last season - Aloisi's first in charge - and combined with this season's poor start it is on a run of 15 games without a win.

Completely foreign to ex-striker Aloisi would be the fact Heart has scored just eight goals - the least of all teams - this season. It has conceded 18 goals - the most of any team.

But Redmayne says Aloisi is doing everything he can to get Heart pumping and that the players have to take plenty of the blame for the team not winning.

"John is concentrating hard on the football," Redmayne told The World Game.

"He has from day one of the pre-season.

"All we're focused on is getting results, and I don't think we're far away. We've created so many chances in our last few games.

"I think it's just going to take an extra one per cent of determination, or luck, for us to score that crucial goal that can put us in front and allow us to dictate the style and pace of the game.

"The last thing you want to have to do when you're not winning is chase the game - it just puts you under more pressure.

"We can feel the pressure John is under, but we have to take a lot of responsibility as players for the situation the team is in.

"We're playing a game system put together by the coach that has created a lot of chances, and that one per cent of whatever it is that has stopped those chances from going in you can't really coach.

"John is hurting, the players are hurting - it's hurting everyone at the club. We know we have to turn it around.

"That little bit of luck, a goal going in at the right time - it could change everything. If the other team has to chase us it changes the whole dynamic of the game.

"If we can find that little bit extra and get that win the players here will rise a foot taller and I'm convinced we'll go on from there."

Considering the goalmouth action he has had to deal with, Redmayne is arguably the hardest-working goalkeeper in the competition.

That puts him under at least as much pressure as any other player in the team.

Asked how he deals with the pressure of being the last man between the opposition and the goal for a team that is conceding plenty, Redmayne replied: "I have been in a few situations in the past where I've faced a lot of pressure.

"All you can do is concentrate on what you can control and block the rest out. I've been reasonably happy with my form, but I would trade that in for a couple of wins."

Overall, Heart has got a good record in the Melbourne derby. It has won three, lost three and drawn four of the 10 clashes.

But Heart's most recent clashes with Victory have been dominated by its cross-town rival.

The last three meetings - all within the last 12 months - have resulted in two Victory wins last season and a goalless draw in the first round of this season.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1176852/Redmayne-leaps-to-defence-of-Aloisi

Edited by Murfy1

Redmayne leaps to defence of Aloisi

21 December 2013-SBS: Greg Prichard

Melbourne Heart goalkeeper Andrew Redmayne has raised a spirited defence of under-fire coach John Aloisi on the eve of the latest derby against Melbourne Victory.

Heart is winless and bottom of the table after 10 rounds this season and former Socceroos star Aloisi is under enormous pressure to turn the team's form around, starting with the game at AAMI Park on Saturday night.

Many observers are stunned that he is still in charge, given the combination of the team's results and the cut-throat nature of coaching.

Heart finished second from bottom after a poor end to last season - Aloisi's first in charge - and combined with this season's poor start it is on a run of 15 games without a win.

Completely foreign to ex-striker Aloisi would be the fact Heart has scored just eight goals - the least of all teams - this season. It has conceded 18 goals - the most of any team.

But Redmayne says Aloisi is doing everything he can to get Heart pumping and that the players have to take plenty of the blame for the team not winning.

"John is concentrating hard on the football," Redmayne told The World Game.

"He has from day one of the pre-season.

"All we're focused on is getting results, and I don't think we're far away. We've created so many chances in our last few games.

"I think it's just going to take an extra one per cent of determination, or luck, for us to score that crucial goal that can put us in front and allow us to dictate the style and pace of the game.

"The last thing you want to have to do when you're not winning is chase the game - it just puts you under more pressure.

"We can feel the pressure John is under, but we have to take a lot of responsibility as players for the situation the team is in.

"We're playing a game system put together by the coach that has created a lot of chances, and that one per cent of whatever it is that has stopped those chances from going in you can't really coach.

"John is hurting, the players are hurting - it's hurting everyone at the club. We know we have to turn it around.

"That little bit of luck, a goal going in at the right time - it could change everything. If the other team has to chase us it changes the whole dynamic of the game.

"If we can find that little bit extra and get that win the players here will rise a foot taller and I'm convinced we'll go on from there."

Considering the goalmouth action he has had to deal with, Redmayne is arguably the hardest-working goalkeeper in the competition.

That puts him under at least as much pressure as any other player in the team.

Asked how he deals with the pressure of being the last man between the opposition and the goal for a team that is conceding plenty, Redmayne replied: "I have been in a few situations in the past where I've faced a lot of pressure.

"All you can do is concentrate on what you can control and block the rest out. I've been reasonably happy with my form, but I would trade that in for a couple of wins."

Overall, Heart has got a good record in the Melbourne derby. It has won three, lost three and drawn four of the 10 clashes.

But Heart's most recent clashes with Victory have been dominated by its cross-town rival.

The last three meetings - all within the last 12 months - have resulted in two Victory wins last season and a goalless draw in the first round of this season.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1176852/Redmayne-leaps-to-defence-of-Aloisi

Geez I hate all this 'luck' talk. While no one is 100% in control of any situation the moment you make luck the missing ingredient in your results you are conceding that you are mostly not in control of the situation. There are no real unlucky misses for us. Only finishing that hasn't been good enough.

What's the difference between a 14 game winless streak and a 15 game winless streak?

If you go that far without any movement, clearly there's something else at play.

The board don't want to make a -400k decision given they are listening to offers.   And given they are listening to offers, they may hold off until they sell, which means no decision and hence the 14-15 game winless streak and no pay out losses.