Melbourne Football

The A-League Broadcasting and Media Thread

kingawesomeness

I'm partial to blondes, and I'll cop a lot of flak for this: Lara Pitt > Mel McLaughlin.

Ross Aloisi is terrible, so biased towards Adelaide, and his voice. Eugh.

That said, nearly every FoxSports commentator is pretty shabby bar 1 or 2.

Simon Hill and Mark Bosnich are the only ones who don't make me want to punch my TV out.

Andy Maher, as clueless as he is gets points for being a Heart fan.

And finally, the Kiwi guys who do the Wellington Phoenix home games are horrible. Have to watch their games on mute most of the time.

Edited by marteaux
  • Like 1

Hahaha yes the kiwi bloke that does the Wellington games is shocking, doesn't have a commentator's voice at all.

Also on Bozza, his laugh is gold, gets annoying at times, but atleast he knows football unlike Andy Maher.

Edited by tomby

That's one good thing about Robbie Slater, he's not afraid to have a pop at people.

Especially twats such as Harry Kewell and Craig Foster.

I can't be bothered reading that article, so can someone briefly summarize it for me?

Also: Ned Zelic, is a good analyst/co-host on SBS and recently FoxSports for pure comedic value and a pretty different point of view on most things, I'm also pretty sure he shoots off and does a couple of lines each ad break. Reminds me of a certain terrace member who also refuses to accept defeat in arguments.

That's one good thing about Robbie Slater, he's not afraid to have a pop at people.

Especially twats such as Harry Kewell and Craig Foster.

I can't be bothered reading that article, so can someone briefly summarize it for me?

Also: Ned Zelic, is a good analyst/co-host on SBS and recently FoxSports for pure comedic value and a pretty different point of view on most things, I'm also pretty sure he shoots off and does a couple of lines each ad break. Reminds me of a certain terrace member who also refuses to accept defeat in arguments.

LOL.

Any one see @RobbieSlater17's rant yesterday?

"Ok here goes . I am sick of the continual attacks and in my opinion racist comments from @Craig_Foster on British people his article in todays sun herald in my opinion is a racist column and it is beyond me how he continually gets away with these vile articles.

Craig, you have disgraced yourself . What a way to welcome someone to our great country and please Jim Magilton do not think this is the way that decent Australians welcome people from other countries. Who Craig do you think you are to tell the victory of who they should employ and of what race. Why do you pretend to know what and who is a good coach. You have never coached anyone and why is nationality important.

British people have made a massive contribution to the history of our game and continue to do so just. It is surprising that you dislike the British so much because after all they gave you a career playing in the guess what . The championship . You didn't mind the British then did you? Good money you earned and you enjoyed it all with the help of an englishman Terry Venables.

The best you ever had didn't you once say? a man who saw more in you than anyone else did . What is this pedestal you have put yourself on it is not the one the late and great Johnny Warren stood on he would be ashamed of you! And who are you to preach with your dark secret well bugger you you upset my 82 year old father who had a tear in his eye after reading your crap.

Yes he is English. But back to your secret explain to all your followers why you are the only socceroo to have been to my knowledge effectively banned, never to be selected again after a disgraceful incident following a world cup qualifier in Tahiti. Maybe the true legend who got you out of that Tahitian jail should of left you there! @Craig_Foster hang your head in shame and @lesmurraySBS you should haul him into your office and tell him his comments are unacceptable after all he does work for the excellent multi cultural channel SBS surely they can't be happy with this sort of behavior. Enough is enough!"

Edited by Buddy Farah

Slater might have been able to play, but he can't analyse a game to save himself. Misses the bleeding obvious. Harper is so pro Sydney that it makes me ill. Give them both the heave ho and get the bloke from Pass and Move in there I say! (or just give Mel more TV time, that blonde shiela can do bit parts if need be to make up the numbers)

As for Foster, well some of what he says makes sense but he's so bloody negative- I can't stand to listen to him anymore. One comment of his I remember was on the lines "he could never coach" well accepting that, how can he be SO down on so many people who do! Fair dinkum, the way guys like him carry on you'd think the players were in the stands and the coaches on the field!

She's already agreed in my mind. Just need to attain a few things to bring it into being. Brb acquiring countless wealth, razor sharp wit, rugged good looks and 12inch dick. Failing that, Duct tape. :D

Mad, but I'm sure she's not that shallow. Oh, and it's cool; I'll bring the duct tape.

Edited by stephaniexo