Melbourne Football

Matchday 19: v Wellington - Saturday 15th February 5pm at Eden Park

Harrison

Reflecting on the game...

I watch a lot of football. I watch leagues and follow teams who play inconsistent football. A 1-0 loss away in these leagues can be copped on the chin.

I cannot help but feel, however, that City just are not up to it against teams who match them. Yes they have the capacity to dominate but rarely have we this season. Many JMAC goals have been scrappy and have needed luck.

It just feels like that when a team match our gameplan and compete on the same level then our plan falls to shit because we go out with the mindset that teams have to adapt to us in order to gain an advantage. Reality says otherwise.

I know its a long trip across the ditch. Very little gave me confidence lastnight going ahead.

5th seems appropriate.

2 hours ago, playmaker said:

Are you saying Kisnorbo is forcing Mombaets to play him. Big call if you are.

No I’m letting you know who’s pushing his barrow (Wales). Our trusty assistant has the managers ear, and isn’t a fan of Genreau or Ramy either. 

Edited by Mork
More information

48 minutes ago, malloy said:

I guess he must have forced Warren Joyce too, the man so stubborn he would rather lose games than play our best striker...

Not saying that. But both saw the game exactly the same way. They fed off each other, so there was never going to be friction. True love there.

City raised the white flag early by fielding Wales, Colakovski and Najjar.  Goal scoring opportunities and goals should be created and scored by Susaeta, JMac, Luna, Noone and Berenguer.

The worrying sign is that we are not scoring as easy as early in the season.  The forward pressure was good and we should have capitalised. 

6 hours ago, Imtellingyou said:

City raised the white flag early by fielding Wales, Colakovski and Najjar.  Goal scoring opportunities and goals should be created and scored by Susaeta, JMac, Luna, Noone and Berenguer.

The worrying sign is that we are not scoring as easy as early in the season.  The forward pressure was good and we should have capitalised. 

The service to JMac has been terrible, it's much better with Genreau in the team, not just because of him directly, but the midfield is more effective in it's delivery

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

The service to JMac has been terrible, it's much better with Genreau in the team, not just because of him directly, but the midfield is more effective in it's delivery

Service isn’t that bad. So we should only expect tap ins from a million dollar striker? Poor field play and not hitting the target are costing us, he’s as much to blame as the rest of the team.

16 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Service isn’t that bad. So we should only expect tap ins from a million dollar striker? Poor field play and not hitting the target are costing us, he’s as much to blame as the rest of the team.

If you didn't know that Noone, Berenguer and Maclaren were highly paid players, on recent form you wouldn't pick them as such.

• Like 1