Melbourne Football

Gym Rats

kingawesomeness

Creatine suggestions?

inb4 Dat der celltech.

I've got the Optimum Nutrition (ON) one. It uses Creapure (kind of like a brand of the actual creatine used which is regarded as high quality but is also a way for them to charge you more) so you know its high quality creatine and its micronized which should theoretically make it dissolve better. But doesnt really matter what brand but I'd probably stick with one that uses Creapure but any Creatine Monohydrate from a reputable company would be fine. Dont bother with any other type of creatine, monohydrate is the one you want.

Take 3-5g forever, no need to load, no need to cycle, doesnt matter what time of day you take it, etc.

Given your size, you probably dont need more than 3g per day but creatine is really cheap so even if you went to 5g and your body didnt use the excess its not much of a loss.

Edited by Tesla

I've got the Optimum Nutrition (ON) one. It uses Creapure (kind of like a brand of the actual creatine used which is regarded as high quality but is also a way for them to charge you more) so you know its high quality creatine and its micronized which should theoretically make it dissolve better. But doesnt really matter what brand but I'd probably stick with one that uses Creapure but any Creatine Monohydrate from a reputable company would be fine. Dont bother with any other type of creatine, monohydrate is the one you want.

Take 3-5g forever, no need to load, no need to cycle, doesnt matter what time of day you take it, etc.

Given your size, you probably dont need more than 3g per day but creatine is really cheap so even if you went to 5g and your body didnt use the excess its not much of a loss.

Ty men. Repped.

1YzDe6WAlg7MkDvVqAoqb05NSsulc917.jpeg

• Like 1

Creatine dissolves slightly better in warmer water than cold water. Take it with sucrose (6:1 ratio of sucrose:creatine) so you get an insulin spike at the time, assists with driving the creatine intracellular. Drink lots of water with it, otherwise you'll just piss it out. Otherwise, agree with everything Telsa said.

• 4 weeks later...

leg+day.jpg

Thread bump. Finally cracked 100kg for bench/squat/dead, although my 1MR is probably about 115kg bench/at least 130kg deadlift/120kg squat. Anyone know what a good ratio is? I feel like I need to develop my chest/bis a bit more because all of my posteriorly located muscles are larger than my anterior section.

2:3:4 bench:squat:deadlift is a reasonable ratio IMO, your bench is strong so maybe better to focus more on the other 2 for more rounded strength.

Starting to slowly get back into it, figured out that basically I need to take a pwo to have the motivation to lift, it was while I wasn't taking any that I wasn't motivated at all and was basically going like once a week and then doing a half asses session. But sooooo much crash afterwards is annoying.

• 1 month later...

Any suggestions on where to purchase supplements?

BB.com was looking good, until I noticed that shipping was $27. Fuq dat.

bb.com there shoulod be a 10% coupon code you can use btw. Best is to buy a lot at once to save on shipping (obviously), usually the cheapo shipping will end up getting more expensive than the cheaper courier option (Economy or w/e its called), thats usually when it start to become worth it, the cheapo shipping is shit dont waste your time waiting like a month and having increased chance of customs opening it.

check vitacost, seems cheaper than bb.com these days, they had a $3 shipping to aus for small orders but recently increased it AFAIK, if the prices seems alright to you let me know and i'll give you my refer a friend code resulting in you get $10 credit (as do I on my next purchase)

another US one I stumbled upon a while ago and it doesnt seem to be too well known is netrition. Probably your best bet in terms of prices, but doesnt always have stock.

Btw, importing protein is risky as customs might just take it unless it has a manufacturer's declaration with it (which they dont give you so they can only licence a few suppliers in AUs to sell it for more profit). Though it worked successfully from vitacost for me recently without it. bb.com dont even ship protein to aus apart from a few brands

tldr:

http://www.netrition.com/

• 2 months later...

I bought ON 100% whey Gold Standard the other day and it arrived in the mail yesterday. Hopefully it helps somewhat. Used to take meso before most workouts but these days I don't really bother. Not sure if it's me or a bad batch, but it's done shit all for me recently. Just keeps me up at night. Might have to see how it works after a few good nights sleep.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well its been pretty much a year since I finished working with you, in that year

Spent about 9 months trying to lose fat but not really being committed to it so I didnt actually lose any fat but did lose some strength

Then had 1 month where I got committed, was in a rush, tried to have a 1.5k calorie a day deficit and lost about 7kg (obviously some water weight).

And then the last couple of months its hit a new low, barely any lifting and none in a few weeks (the longest I have gone without lifting since I started). Mainly due to being busy at work and not really being able to go to the gym during the day because of that and cbf going later in the day because its too packed.

Well its been pretty much a year since I finished working with you, in that year

Spent about 9 months trying to lose fat but not really being committed to it so I didnt actually lose any fat but did lose some strength

Then had 1 month where I got committed, was in a rush, tried to have a 1.5k calorie a day deficit and lost about 7kg (obviously some water weight).

And then the last couple of months its hit a new low, barely any lifting and none in a few weeks (the longest I have gone without lifting since I started). Mainly due to being busy at work and not really being able to go to the gym during the day because of that and cbf going later in the day because its too packed.

9pm and 10pm workouts are your friend :up:

Try rediscovering the pleasure of training. Detach yourself from the results. Just go in a lift and enjoy.

Run Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 - the Boring But Big template works wonders here. Just focus on going to the gym, doing the work and getting out and on with your life.

Eat real food, forget supplements (seriously, save your $ and spend on food) and just make things as simple as possible.

Get out and move everyday. Lift 3-4 times/week and live life.

Don't focus on getting big, or small or lean or whatever - just go in, train with purpose (to get stronger) and forget about the rest.

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go again for the third time. Gonna try and bulk up again, and I'm going all out. Food, Gym, Sleep and more food. Potentially going to sacrifice a long euro trip just to see if I can become a fat kunt.

If this fails, I'll probs accept my defeat and become the skinny endurance athlete I seem destined to be.

Would love some recipes to help pack on the pounds, needs to be cheap as chips though :up: 

Here we go again for the third time. Gonna try and bulk up again, and I'm going all out. Food, Gym, Sleep and more food. Potentially going to sacrifice a long euro trip just to see if I can become a fat kunt.

If this fails, I'll probs accept my defeat and become the skinny endurance athlete I seem destined to be.

Would love some recipes to help pack on the pounds, needs to be cheap as chips though :up:

You're young man. It took me a good few years to augment my metabolism to stop being a bit of a beanpole. Give it some time. 

Edited by Braveheart

You're young man. It took me a good few years to augment my metabolism to stop being a bit of a beanpole. Give it some time. I can relate to this post. I was a skinny fuck till about 20 then I bulked easy. After that my body needed the food and I'll never have that problem again. Problem now is not becoming a fat cunt.

Unfortunately I gotta do cardio 4 times a week to keep the spare tire from getting out of control. I used to do state middle distance running, these days the thought of 20 minutes on the treadmill makes me wanna neck myself.

Edited by HeartFc

You're young man. It took me a good few years to augment my metabolism to stop being a bit of a beanpole. Give it some time. I can relate to this post. I was a skinny fuck till about 20 then I bulked easy. After that my body needed the food and I'll never have that problem again. Problem now is not becoming a fat cunt.

Unfortunately I gotta do cardio 4 times a week to keep the spare tire from getting out of control. I used to do state middle distance running, these days the thought of 20 minutes on the treadmill makes me wanna neck myself.

I know that feel bro.

Can't wait :wub:

Currently need to eat 3500-4000 calories a day to ensure I actually increase weight. Even then after a few months it all seems to be lean gains, god knows how much I'd need to maximise my gains.

Well i know.. eat protein like a motherfucker!

Start the day with 4/5 eggs and a protein shake. Snack on a can of tuna mid morning. Chicken/Turkey with greens for lunch. 

Snack again before dinner, bananas are a good quick bite. Smash another high protein dinner followed by a shake.

Hit the gym. Smash another shake and can of tuna for repairs and hit the sack. Min 8hrs sleep. Do that everyday for 

a month or 2 and youll see some big changes in your body.  

In your case you can eat plenty of pasta and high energy foods also.

Most importantly, never ever ever miss a meal. Its as bad as missing a training sesh.

I find it almost impossible to stick to good diet and train everyday based on working 2 jobs but if youre young you have no excuses.. except maybe cash.. its not cheap getting big.

I made some decent gains on my last bulk during uni last year, but as you note, I just can't afford all the food and shakes.

I know what needs to be done and have an idea of how much I need to eat, I was just whining about having to eat THAT much. Hopefully like was said, my metabolism will slow down real soon (almost 20), so I can become fat like I've always wanted :up: 

I'm in the same boat as a few of the others here. As a kid I was pretty chubby for a number of years but lost all the weight when I grew. Was a stick only a year or so ago and I'm fairly happy with my gains so far. More or less the same age as you AyeCee, but I think my metabolism has started to slow down a fair bit. I eat a shitload of tuna which has helped. Just stock up when they are on special. These days I feel shit and lazy when I haven't gone to gym for a while. Only been once in the last 2-3 weeks now. Been sick for the last 5 days and had problems with my feet/legs ever since I played futsal for a day a few weeks back (first time in years) lol. I swear I'm an old person sometimes.

• 1 month later...

Recently bought an exercise bike and am trying to get into reasonable shape. I've been doing 'intervil training' but after a week or so am experiencing some pain in the back of my right heel. Just wondering if anyone on here would know the cause??

Also recently got a bench press set and was just wondering what exercises i could do with the bar that would be good for my legs? Looking to buil up some leg strength so i can jump higher

Also recently got a bench press set and was just wondering what exercises i could do with the bar that would be good for my legs? Looking to buil up some leg strength so i can jump higher

Here's a detailed list and explanation of classic, tried and true exercises that only require a barbell.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/rudy9.htm

Recently bought an exercise bike and am trying to get into reasonable shape. I've been doing 'intervil training' but after a week or so am experiencing some pain in the back of my right heel. Just wondering if anyone on here would know the cause??

Sounds to me like Plantar Faciitis. That said, if you want it to go away you will need to get it accurately assessed and treated by a physio, osteo etc.

• Like 1

Here's a detailed list and explanation of classic, tried and true exercises that only require a barbell.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/rudy9.htm

>Recently bought an exercise bike and am trying to get into reasonable shape. I've been doing 'intervil training' but after a week or so am experiencing some pain in the back of my right heel. Just wondering if anyone on here would know the cause??

Sounds to me like Plantar Faciitis. That said, if you want it to go away you will need to get it accurately assessed and treated by a physio, osteo etc.

Thanks mate, the foots just been getting worse and worse using the bike. Hammy and all that have gone to shit but it will be good to get checked out.

Would you also recommend anything specifically to try and increase vertical leap? i'm about 6'0-6'1 and 90kgs, should i try and lose 5 or 10kgs? Cheers

I'm 6'7". 97kg.

Been going to the gym 2 times a week since November. Haven't gained or lost any weight. But have more muscle.

Apparently I do too much cardio (6kms run during footy each Saturday), and that is where I'm burning all the extra food that I eat.

Looks like ill half to wait till after footy season to gain. Not much running in baseball season.