Melbourne Football

The Sydney FC Thread

Jimmy

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know about that, looks like he gave a fuck but wasn't fit enough for the game. I think he'll get better in time.

Struggling with what most high quality international players struggle with in our league - marked difference in his skill level and the skill level of those around him. Further, he has played one friendly with the team - it's going to take time for him to get used to playing alongside these people. I don't think anyone could accuse him of not giving a fuck. He seems to have had a pretty good idea of what he was going to be up against coming out here but was clearly frustrated at various points during the game which is natural.

ADP aside we were truly awful on Saturday evening. Not panic stations yet though, we have traditionally been shit in the opening rounds of the season so it's business as usual for us as far as I am concerned. Will panic around round 5 if no improvement (that being said I am going up to Sydney for game next weekend so it would be nice if they could at least give it a go).

Although in general Sydney were quite poor, Del Piero was a class above every other player on the pitch. In fact, I have not seen a player on Australian shores since Ziddane at the MCG for France, who stood out so clearly in terms of their ability.

For a first run, with limited time to gel with his team, he was able to find time and space. His passing was clever, precise and creative. He made runs and showed vision that bedazzled his opponents and his own team mates - those around him will have to improve a hell of a lot for the club to reap the rewards of their investment on the park.

Through the season, I hope that the young Aussie players that play with and against him study what he does and how he plays so smart. For example, there were a handful of occasions when ADP was involved in a 50/50, air ball contest. When it was in his favour, he generally positioned himself with very liitle effort and won the majority of these contests. When the air ball was in favour of his opponent (and there were times when he conceded the more favourale position), he let his opponent win the contest, and then immediately put them under pressure, before either stealing the ball or creating a turnover.

Generally, in the A-league, which is played with typical Aussie gusto (not knocking Aussie gusto by the way), players will go hard for the 50/50 ball and it ends up scrappy. One can only hope that ADPs influence rubs off, which will invariably result in a better class of competition.

Edited by Torn Asunder
  • Like 1

I'm watching the replay now is it just me or does the cove sound a lot like Yarraside? I've lost count 3 songs exactly the same.

The cove copys everyone in this league.. Im surprised they havent taken tifosi yet.. But then again english style is more their thang.. d-_-b

I am a Cove member who is Melbourne based so also go to Heart games to get a regular football fix.

I am genuinely interested in which songs you think we have "copied" from YS. I was rather drunk on Saturday night but am struggling to think of anything we did that night that you could claim you did first? Actually, I am struggling to think of many songs that we do that YS also do to be honest.

The only "new" Cove songs I remember doing were "Rhythm of My Heart" (which is a few seasons old now and definitely NOT a YS song) and our "new" one for Del Piero which is actually just a lyric change on an old song we (and many others in the league) stole from overseas many seasons ago.

Not sure which ones he is referring to, but I did notice that the cove were doing Just Cant Get enough on Sat. I am not implying that it was copied from us (for starters we didnt make it up) but I dont think I have heard Sydney do that one before or have I just not noticed?

Have also heard Perth and Wellington do this one recently too

Not sure which ones he is referring to, but I did notice that the cove were doing Just Cant Get enough on Sat. I am not implying that it was copied from us (for starters we didnt make it up) but I dont think I have heard Sydney do that one before or have I just not noticed?

Have also heard Perth and Wellington do this one recently too

You haven't noticed it seems - been around a while - couldn't tell you exactly when we started but there is Youtube footage of us doing it in Newcastle January 2010. In my experience it goes down like a lead balloon in The Cove so it isn't regularly done.

Y-Side to start charging other terraces a song import tax next financial year.

Going to start paying taxes too then? Pretty sure YS would suffer heavily under the exchange rate from AUD to EUR - your meagre income from Aussie terraces isn't going to cover it! :)

So what's going on with SFCs defence? Surely they will park the bus next game vs WSW so they don't concede WSW first ever goal. That would be awkward.

Missing Bosschaart immensely and young kids are carrying McFlynn. Our defence needs attention, our midfield needs attention.

Parking the bus would be the worst thing we could do (particularly when our bus is full of holes at the moment). Need to win, not draw.

And yes, it would be awkward but is also entirely possible. Bridge will probably score it as well to rub salt in the wound (Although I doubt anything he does could make any of us less happy to be rid of him).

Overall, rather nervous about it. Glad I am not making the trip, don't need the inevitable drama.

How is SFC's Current Keeper even getting a game?

In fact what is with the choice of Shite Keepers in general at Eastern Beaches FC since Bolts walked out?

Bolts "walked out" eh? :D I love Bolton (he had his best season in the league his first season with your mob) but he had no "choice" when he left - we didn't offer him a contract. I do think that was a shit decision by the club and the only reasons I can offer are all based on rumour so don't particularly want to go into it!

And I have no logical answer as to why we don't seem interested in signing a good keeper. Salary cap? :rolleyes:

Just cant get enough..

But then again i couldnt hear them due to newcastle out singing them at home..

Must be due to the fact thats theres a lot of bandwagoners that what to stand next to or near the atmosphere..

I heard them do a mvfc chant last saturday (the one that they did straight after the horda tifo?)

Its only a matter of time tifosi gets discovered and raped..

We have had a lot of request for us to do it.. And our reply is no fucking way.. I pay enough taxes ;)

Edited by Bravas

Just cant get enough..

But then again i couldnt hear them due to newcastle out singing them at home..

Must be due to the fact thats theres a lot of bandwagoners that what to stand next to or near the atmosphere..

you couldn't hear them cause 90% of people there were there to see Del Piero, 5% to see Heskey, 4% were Newcastle fans and 1% were the Sydney fans

"WE ARE THE 1%!!!!!"

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Jesus fucking christ the cove was dead when it was 2-2 and only waved the flags if the camera panned over them... Although I am not a cove member I cringe when I see 0 effort from them, ffs.

Some fucking support syd fc have, fucking embarrassing if I lived there in the east.

Not sure if they are able to grasp the definition of "active bay".

Edited by Young Polak

Jesus fucking christ the cove was dead when it was 2-2 and only waved the flags if the camera panned over them... Although I am not a cove member I cringe when I see 0 effort from them, ffs.

Some fucking support syd fc have, fucking embarrassing if I lived there in the east.

Not sure if they are able to grasp the definition of "active bay".

:droy: