Melbourne Football

Thu Nux- The choicest team un New Zuland, eh bro?

KSK_47

• 4 weeks later...

Went to the Bentleigh vs. Wellington FFA Cup match this evening. The Phoenix were an utter rabble, playing against a 10-man State League side from the 33rd minute onwards (the Bentleigh player should never have been sent off - double yellow - in the first place). Phoenix had absolutely no creativity up front at all.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Link probably fits in a few spots, but certainly has an impact on the Nix should Oceania fall over. 

Either FIFA bails Oceania out, or it would imalamate with the AFC. Option 2 should remove the Champions League road block. 

Early days by all means, still interesting in terms of onflow

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/oceania-football-confederation-face-liquidation-over-missed-payments

• 1 year later...

Wow thats a commitment.

Anyone that questions the NIX and there value to the League should seriously reconsider, obviously if they didn't do this they would fold, but still to relocate completely for atlest 3/4 of the season is a huge undertaking. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tommykins said:

The Nix were my favourite team to watch last year outside of ourselves, huge commitment by them, great to see.

It's definitely impressive to make that sort of commitment and sacrifice to help the league be just that little bit more competitive next season. 

Choice as bbrruuu

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Where are those who pushed the line that they have no value to the League? IMO we should be making every effort to see that they remain in the league, and if they ever do qualify, that they should be able to play in the ACL even though they aren't members of the AFC. It seems so petty to keep them out, and we can do better that that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Where are those who pushed the line that they have no value to the League? IMO we should be making every effort to see that they remain in the league, and if they ever do qualify, that they should be able to play in the ACL even though they aren't members of the AFC. It seems so petty to keep them out, and we can do better that that.

It’s the AFC and FIFA who keep them out. Australia are fortunate enough to be in the AFC and have little or no influence.

It is good to see the Nix bring something to the league though. I reckon everyone admires how they’ve carried themselves this last year and a bit.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

i think that they have had an amazing season given the hub life they been in all season.  Their point tally would have seen them qualify for finals almost any other season over the last 9 season (and have played one less game to boot).  

really adds to the sentiment that they deserve to be in the league.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mattyh001 said:

i think that they have had an amazing season given the hub life they been in all season.  Their point tally would have seen them qualify for finals almost any other season over the last 9 season (and have played one less game to boot).  

really adds to the sentiment that they deserve to be in the league.  

Couldn't agree more. After City they are the only other team that I care about in the league.

2 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Is that quite the same thing? It's essentially our youth team that plays in NPL3.

Well our youth team is our reserves really. Some of our senior players go through that NPL3 team from time to time. Probably less so this season due to the compacted nature of the fixturing, meaning most of the squad is on some sort of standby on most weeks.

FWIW Gomulka has played 6 times there this season,  as has Stokes and Mills, with Tilio twice.

Edited by bt50

• 4 weeks later...

Of the other teams in the league this season I think I admire Phoenix most of all. To commit to a season away from home, except right at the end, and to finish strongly and miss out on the finals only by a whisker, deserves a lot of praise. I for one hope that they stay in the league in the future.

• Like 1