Melbourne Football

Thu Nux- The choicest team un New Zuland, eh bro?

KSK_47

surely that's fake

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Nope!

Thanks for all your feedback yesterday.

Yes we have a mascot on the way and it needs a name. So get your thinking caps on, tell your friends, school mates and all Phoenix fans, and send your suggestions for our mascot's name to mascot@wellingtonphoenix.com.

http://www.facebook.com/wellingtonphoenixfc

Edited by KSK_47

This thread is worse than my sack aloisi thread.. for which I got a one week ban mind you.

How so? I am just reporting A-League news that came from an official clubs FB page. Yes, I am having a bit of fun making fun of Kiwi accents while doing it but it is still legit news.

IMO we should cut the Nux from the league and the Kiwis should make their own league. This is the A-League. All other countries can FOAD.

'IMO we should cut Australia from the AFC and they can keep playing in the OFC. This is Asia. All non-Asian countries can FOAD.'

Nah, not really.

But it might as well be, if we follow your logic.

Australia becomes stronger by playing in Asian qualifiers instead of in the Oceanian qualifiers.

New Zealand football becomes stronger by having a team in the A-League.

Are you aware of how poor the domestic NZ league is?

I know you probably don't care, but then try to look at it from a financial point of view.

If Phoenix in a few years time end up being VERY popular in NZ (and amongst Kiwis in Australia), then it will benefit all clubs, as more tickets will be snapped up for their games (on Australian soil).

Just look at the Warriors in the NRL. Often, half the fans at games are Aussie based Kiwis. It would be a dumb to remove the Warriors from the NRL.

(and yes, I know it's a long shot, that the Nix will become as popular as the Warriors, but the interest for football in NZ is indeed growing).

And why not have a team from another country in the league?

There are heaps of examples of this from around the world: http://en.wikipedia....another_country

In regards to the mascot, I think they've smoked a wee bit too much of the strong Kiwi hooter.

Jeez, what were they thinking?

Edited by danepak

• 6 months later...