Melbourne Football

Friday 27 July - 8pm vs. FFV VCL XI @ Stead Park, Geelong

KSK_47

Trying to guess who was playing

Aziz Behich-----Dylan Macallister-----Andreas Govas

------------Jason Hoffman---------Nick Kalmar------------

------------------Matt Thompson----------

Riley Woodcock---David Vrankovic----Patrick Gerhardt----?

--------------------Andrew Redmayne?

At the start of the second half Colosimo replaced Gerhardt and Marrone came on at RB. Matt Thompson came off as well. Was Konyit RB in the first half then DM in the second?

I could be very wrong with a position and/or a player or two, but that's who I identified playing.

Started something like this (I think):

------------Macallister--------Hoffman---------------

------------------------Kalmar--------------------------

------Behich-------------------------------Govas------

-----------------------Thompson-----------------------

---Woodcock---Vrankovic---Gerhardt---Konyit---

-----------------------Redmayne-----------------------

The football was very rusty,

I'm sure everyone was expecting the football to not be the greatest seeing as it was the first game in a couple of months, I was still happy with some of the players performances though in very wet conditions.

You can pretty well disregard Colossimo's goal. A long bomb clearance from defense with the young goalie misjudging the bounce, over committing and watching it bounce over his head. The poor kid looked shattered walking off at the end of the game despite making some sensational saves in the first half. It can be cruel being a goalkeeper.

You can pretty well disregard Colossimo's goal. A long bomb clearance from defense with the young goalie misjudging the bounce, over committing and watching it bounce over his head. The poor kid looked shattered walking off at the end of the game despite making some sensational saves in the first half. It can be cruel being a goalkeeper.

It wasn't the same goalkeeper... The goalkeeper in the first half got subbed off injured during the second half.

The goalkeeper who got subbed off because of injury played superb, even though he let some goals go through a couple of his saved during the first half were magnificent.

Edited by tomby

two different keepers wasn't it? the keeper from the first half came off injured in second half...

do agree that first half were some brilliant saves

Long time lurker, first time poster here guys.

Was at the game last night...

Very impressed by Govas, Vrankovic and Woodcock. Gerhardt was decent too, mostly because the little 17 year olds looked shit-scared of him.

Undecided on Konyit and Macallister.

Hoff was piss poor. Probably would've gotten sent off about 4 times if it weren't a friendly - not a good look against a team of kids.

10 was Govas - Hope we sign him as he was one of our best and looks like he'll make it in the A-League. 5 was Josip I think.

5 was Woodcock who played at left back behind Behich for the full game.

Konyit (11) played at right back for the first half before taking over Thompson's holding midfield position in the second half with Marrone taking the right back position.

How the fuck did we not win by more? After seeing that, it just looks like we had 90minutes of target practice

We were lucky to score in the first half, the keeper was stopping everything that was shot at him he played unbelievably good in the first half.