Melbourne Football

Jake Nakic

fastfly100

Went to school with the kid. Was the star player in our first XI. Very good with the ball at his feet and can draw a penalty due to his propensity to run at defenders. Can be selfish at times though for a CAM type player. Decent shot on him. Have only seen glimpses of him at the knights though.

Went to school with the kid. Was the star player in our first XI. Very good with the ball at his feet and can draw a penalty due to his propensity to run at defenders. Can be selfish at times though for a CAM type player. Decent shot on him. Have only seen glimpses of him at the knights though.

Wont pass judgement as I have not seen him play (TBH Have not heard much either).

But what is the point of a Number 10 if they are selfish?

Wont pass judgement as I have not seen him play (TBH Have not heard much either).

Because it's School first XI. Lower standard. Our first XI captain back at high school was a CB in the VPL, yet played a free role in the midfield for the school team, ended up with about 15 goals in 8 games from being 'selfish'. Doubt he would be hogging it at VPL level.

The team almost fit around him back in the school days. Can't really see him fitting into our system, unless we signed him purely as an impact sub to run at tired defenders late in the game. I'm guessing that's when he would be most effective. As i said though, I'm not entirely sure how he is being used at the knights.

Because it's School first XI. Lower standard. Our first XI captain back at high school was a CB in the VPL, yet played a free role in the midfield for the school team, ended up with about 15 goals in 8 games from being 'selfish'. Doubt he would be hogging it at VPL level.

It’s funny u say that as I remembered a very similar scenario of two kids I knew from school both tipped for big things:

One ended up a fairly well known WAPL player.

The other whose was tipped for real European success is currently a relative unknown at VPL level.

• 1 month later...