Melbourne Football

SPECULATIVE Striker Options for 2012/13

biancorosso7

Isn't Walker already one of our players? Please inform.

He was a youth team player for us last year. But AFAIK you can only sign youth league players to one year deals. So technically he's uncontracted but I think he's one of a handful of youths from last season training with us. Any other club could offer him a senior contract and he'll be gone.

Isn't Walker already one of our players? Please inform.

Zac Walker had a NYL contract with us last season. He was our NYL top scorer despite featuring in many games coming off the bench.

There's a 'Start Walker' thread that you should read.

At the present time he's one of a handful of last season's NYL squad who are training with the seniors. IIRC NYL contracts do not run for a full year and so he is not contracted to us at the present time.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I have read the "Start Walker" thread and it appears this bloke is one to watch.

As we have discussed elsewhere the fact that we can't sign a larger squad on longer contracts detracts from us being able to develop, hold and benefit from young players such as Zac (although I have not seen him play).

The fact he is training with us at least hints that he could have a future with the Heart.

http://au.fourfourtw...-wanderers.aspx

he was just in melbourne last weekend, and trained with us once last week apparently. I had no idea he had an australian passport though...

why don't we offer him a contract ffs he won't take up a visa spot. Has played for some decent teams in the greek super league and is quite a handy player from what i've heard.

get JD onto it, we need some more fire power up front

Edited by heart_fan10