Melbourne Football

A-League Team of the Decade

mus-28

Adam Peacock posted an article today on Fox Sports with his A-League team of the past decade. Makes for some interesting conversation.

His team was:

Ryan

M.Smith  - Wilkinson - Delpierre

Franjic - Valeri - Ono - Zullo

Ninkovic - Berisha - Broich

I'd probably only have 4 of that XI in my team (Ryan, Wilko, Ninkovic & Broich)

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/aleague-best-players-team-of-the-decade-best-xi-analysis-besart-berisha-thomas-broich-milos-ninkovic-adam-peacock/news-story/6d480ac9b4364b425f4bddce7c828270

17 hours ago, mhfcwa said:

Franjic in that team is the biggest suprise to me

To be fair to Franjic during his time at Brisbane he was the standout full back in the competition for 3 or 4 seasons and was also pretty good for the Socceroos. The move to Russia really stopped his progress and since he returned to the A-League he's been solid if unspectacular. I can only think of Grant as his competition for the best right back.

I don’t like these types of teams. Just makes no sense to me ever seeing Carl Valeri instead of Del Piero on any football list. Even if Aaron Hughes only played six matches for us in one of the least remarkable spells at a professional football team, the guy played 455 PL matches and is surely ten times the player of Matt bloody Smith, whose highest level was only the A-League.