Melbourne Football

General Songs/Chants

Buddy Farah

not a fan

this is what we need and not that shit cunt chant

That looks like a pack of drunks in a TAB waiting to put their bets on.

Much better to use the tune for Kristian Sarkies as demonstrated in another thread. Minus the cunt stuff.

Edited by Cammo

not a fan

this is what we need and not that shit cunt chant

No.

Misirlou is boss. Why do the Terra chant if he's not there or involved? Why do the Fred chant if he's sidelined with injury?

And to go on something you said about doing what Liverpool do, no. We're not Liverpool. We'll never be Liverpool. Until people get it out of their heads that we're going to copy "Liverpool's style" or "Man U's style" or "Arsenal's style" or any one single style of chant then you'll never be satisfied.

Yarraside style is Yarraside style. Learn to love it.

Anyone care to post the words for 'Super Melbourne'?

Same as that but obviously replace Eintracht Frankfurt with super Melbourne.

Note, it is:

"Hey Super Melbourne, ler ler ler ler ler ler ler ler,

Hey Super Melbourne, ler ler ler ler, ler ler ler ler ler ler ler ler, ler ler ler ler ler ler ler ler"

or something similar, it is not:

"Hey Super Melbourne, ler ler ler ler ler ler ler ler,

Hey Super Melbourne, ler ler ler ler ler ler ler ler,

Hey Super Melbourne, ler ler ler ler ler ler ler ler"

as most people seem to do.

It's a little bit difficult to explain in words but if everyone watched the video a few times you should get it.

Original tune btw is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayHzg8oMvV0

the arsenal version is better than the shit version of cunt we do, ALOT better

I hate you so fucking much, twit.

Everything you post on here is you complaining, being a whiny bitch and sooking like a little girl. I know who you are, and you don't know who I am, and I've seen you on matchdays. How about contribute to the terrace then, and then post your retarded opinions in here?

Everything you post on here is you complaining, being a whiny bitch and sooking like a little girl. I know who you are, and you don't know who I am, and I've seen you on matchdays. How about contribute to the terrace then, and then post your retarded opinions in here?

awesome mate, i stand and chant for the 90 at every home game, dont have to do anything else so fuck ya

Pull ya head in.

Sorry Braveheart, not going to back down here.

I am only saying what everyone is thinking. This guy is what you expect to see in North Terrace, not Yarraside.

I'm happy to chat, promote discussion and encourage everyone to voice their opinion, but all this guy has done on the forums is bitch and moan about things that do not concern him, or just are so incorrect it makes me quiver with anger.

How about spiradawg pulls his head in, and then I won't have to rage.

/rant

Sorry Braveheart, not going to back down here.

I am only saying what everyone is thinking. This guy is what you expect to see in North Terrace, not Yarraside.

I'm happy to chat, promote discussion and encourage everyone to voice their opinion, but all this guy has done on the forums is bitch and moan about things that do not concern him, or just are so incorrect it makes me quiver with anger.

How about spiradawg pulls his head in, and then I won't have to rage.

/rant

k :blink:

/rant

• 2 weeks later...

was thinking if we could do a simple chant for both ends of the stadium: Our end chant "Melbourne" and the other chant "Heart" and this goes back and forth and so on. Just and idea and it probably is as simple as it gets, and if it works it can sound really good.

Would not work, think of our home support regarding numbers and the percentage of people who are actually willing to sing at games...

yarraside did a truly epic job against gold coast. it would be awesome to get the whole terrace involved with the chants. apologies if this has already been suggested, but i think something simple such as the tottenham chant "come on you spurs", sung as "come on you hearts" would be really effective in getting the silent spectators involved. especially if yarraside actually turned around to face the back section of the stand with the aim of deliberately trying to get the rest of the crowd involved.

thoughts?