Melbourne Football

Newcastle fan here.

Sewelly

G'DAY!

I'm a Newcastle fan. I'm a big of a big deal over here.

Name a forum, I'm on it.

So, lets not beat around the bush. Curtis Good, how good is he? Can he play soccer to a decent standard?

Will he be able to cope with the strike prowess of players such as Rooney, Aguero and Andrew Johnson?

Much love

Sewelly x

Cant say he would be thrown into the big time straight away.

Would probably play a few early carling cup and FA cup matches.

And maybe come on when you're 2-3 goals up late in a game.

Whether or not he can cut it in the big time is still to be found out.

I guess only time will tell, but he has done nothing to suggest he won't can't make it.

G'DAY!

I'm a Newcastle fan. I'm a big of a big deal over here.

Name a forum, I'm on it.

So, lets not beat around the bush. Curtis Good, how good is he? Can he play soccer to a decent standard?

Will he be able to cope with the strike prowess of players such as Rooney, Aguero and Andrew Johnson?

Much love

Sewelly x

Rofl his actually serious his all over the Internet.

I think you probably should not expect Good to play Seniors straight away as he is very young and has a lot to learn before he can play at EPL level, however with saying that he has the ability and a great attitude.

Rofl his actually serious his all over the Internet.

I think you probably should not expect Good to play Seniors straight away as he is very young and has a lot to learn before he can play at EPL level, however with saying that he has the ability and a great attitude.

Mainly 'cos this nugget signs up to every board using my usual username. In-joke so please ignore the ridiculous opening post.

In all seriousness we'd love to hear more about the player. His strengths, weaknesses, how good do you think he can be etc.

Edited by NUFC

He is very talented and quite strong for such a young player, he was very solid down back for us last season, can't think of him ever making a big mistake to give away a pen or clear goal. All of Australia is pretty excited to see him play in the EPL (granted you sign him) he's a good lad aswell, doesn't play up in the public and trains the house down. What's news over there? What type of fee and contract are we looking at (if at all)

He is very talented and quite strong for such a young player, he was very solid down back for us last season, can't think of him ever making a big mistake to give away a pen or clear goal. All of Australia is pretty excited to see him play in the EPL (granted you sign him) he's a good lad aswell, doesn't play up in the public and trains the house down. What's news over there? What type of fee and contract are we looking at (if at all)

I am not.

I hope they dont sign him and stays a Melbourne Heart player, and I fucken support NUFC.

• Like 3

The fee mentioned most frequently over here is £400,000, so around $600,000 AUD.

nufc.com who are usually fairly reliable are reporting that a deal has already been done but won't be announced until he returns from international duty.

Edited by NUFC

Curtis Good will play EPL this year and will be in the first team. From the first time I watched Curits in last years pre-season it was obvious that he is above the A-leauge level-whatever that is-. Once he gets the chance to come in and play, he'll be irreplaceable. very good scouting by Newcastle.

Curtis Good was captain of the AIS. He has big raps on him and looks to have settled well into the A-League, where he should stay for at least another season. If he was to go to Newcastle I would expect him to play maybe a 3rd round FA Cup tie off the bench at best. Will take a couple more years to develop into an EPL defender, which is why he should stay here and we fucking need him

If the rumoured fee is correct its a bargain signing and should prove to be quite an astute piece of business. I hope we have a sell on % but as they can be worthless we should at a minimum be including a fee once x amount of games have been played. Not happy with the fee personally but we are stuck between a rock and a hard place when selling Australian talent o/s.

If the rumoured fee is correct its a bargain signing and should prove to be quite an astute piece of business. I hope we have a sell on % but as they can be worthless we should at a minimum be including a fee once x amount of games have been played. Not happy with the fee personally but we are stuck between a rock and a hard place when selling Australian talent o/s.

How is it a Bargain signing?

How much fucken more do u think NUFC should pay for Defender whose played one season of A League? :wacko:

Also thank Ghod I saw your signature, I just rang my mum and told her about it and my whole family has agreed to never go back to Church again. :D

Edited by cadete

he is average at best. not the greatest of touches and not that good on the ball, looks for your hollywood balls that rarely come off. is an OK header. his best attribute is probably tackling which tbh is being kind

not sure why you lot want hiim but best of luck etc. etc.

A great prospect. Not sure I'd say he's a bargain at that price but if he were to fulfill potential he would be great value. I personally wouldn't expect to see him play premier league football this season. Maybe an early cup tie? He's look destined for an international career but like all young players it's hard to judge just how higher level he can reach.

Good luck for the season NUFC, got plenty of geordie mates here and have a definite soft spot for the toon. In fact I'm just smashing a nukey brown tall can I picked up at a bottle shop today. Don't see the cans here much.

Good luck for the season NUFC, got plenty of geordie mates here and have a definite soft spot for the toon. In fact I'm just smashing a nukey brown tall can I picked up at a bottle shop today. Don't see the cans here much.

what are you doing on the weekend mate?

We recruited him out of the AIS (Australian Institute of Sport) where he was highly regarded and he played pretty much the whole season as an 18 year old in a pretty physical league. Would have been a key player for us this season, despite his youth, if he'd stayed. Definitely a guy with a lot of potential - looks a future socceroo. In regards to the EPL I guess we'll see but I wouldn't be expecting him to feature this coming season.

has the potential to be a top EPL centre back. Strong, good in the air, good tackler and is quite fast for a centre back which is a bonus.

The only thing that will prevent him from becoming a regular CB at EPL level is game time. Pardew needs to play him as much as possible, and he needs to have faith in him and continue to play him even if he makes mistakes. The first 2 games he played for us, he was terrible, but by his 3rd game he was one of the better players of the team and the more he played, the better he got.

Pardew needs to play him as much as possible, and he needs to have faith in him and continue to play him even if he makes mistakes. The first 2 games he played for us, he was terrible, but by his 3rd game he was one of the better players of the team and the more he played, the better he got.

Serious??? Newcastle finished 5th in the Premier league last year. They'll be looking to strengthen their squad and improve next season. A top 4 finish isn't out of the question. In fact it'll be their aim and you think a manager that has these aspirations, in fact realistic expectations should not only give a first team spot to some kid from Australia? But you want him to keep playing him even if he makes mistakes? Mistakes cost points and losing points is the difference between finishing 5th and 16th in this league. The financial ramifications are huge.

Curtis Good will be lucky to get a spot training at that club and Heart will be lucky to get any sort of transfer.

Our defense was shoddy at times in a weak league. You can't expect to walk into Newcastle's first team that easy.

Our defense was shoddy at times in a weak league. You can't expect to walk into Newcastle's first team that easy.

This. It will take him ages to break in and keep a regular spot in the 11. If he does in fact go. So stop saying otherwise.

Serious??? Newcastle finished 5th in the Premier league last year. They'll be looking to strengthen their squad and improve next season. A top 4 finish isn't out of the question. In fact it'll be their aim and you think a manager that has these aspirations, in fact realistic expectations should not only give a first team spot to some kid from Australia? But you want him to keep playing him even if he makes mistakes? Mistakes cost points and losing points is the difference between finishing 5th and 16th in this league. The financial ramifications are huge.

Curtis Good will be lucky to get a spot training at that club and Heart will be lucky to get any sort of transfer.

yeah i know that. That's why i'm saying the only thing that will prevent him from becoming a regular EPL centre back is game time, and it won't come easy at a top 5/6 premier league team. The centre back position is probably one of, if not the hardest position to break into for a young player because almost every mistake gets punished, especially in a high quality league with the likes of Aguero, Rooney, Suarez etc...

I do think though that he should be aiming for at least a spot on the bench. Whatever the outcome is, a player like curtis NEEDS game time, and needs to be starting regularly so he can keep improving.

Good won't play a minute.

why not? if a coach shows interest in signing a player on a first team contract, he obviously sees him in the teams plans at some stage. Whether it's in the premier league, FA cup, league cup etc... i definitely see Good getting some gametime. The best way of developing players is giving them game time, and every coach knows that. There's no use just signing someone to sit in the reserves the whole time, because it wouldn't benefeit either party involved.

If he was good enough to impress the coaches that they offer him a senior contract, then i don't see why he can't impress them even more and get a spot in the matchday squad every now and then. He's obviously doing something right that catches the eye of the newcastle coaching staff, so i'm sure they'll give him his chance.