Melbourne Football

MHFC Preseason fixture

dRoy

Just posted on twitter. Here are the dates for the preseason games.

http://www.footballa...-Released/47954

Match Details

Friday 27 July - 8pm vs. FFV VCL XI @ Stead Park, Geelong

Wednesday 1 August - 7:30pm vs. Port Melbourne @ JL Murphy Reserve

Wednesday 8 August - 7:30pm vs. Richmond @ Kevin Bartlett Reserve

(Cancelled To Be Rescheduled)

Tuesday 21 August - 7:30pm vs. Adelaide United @ Epping Stadium (KO Time Change)

Sunday 16 September - TBC vs. Mt Eliza XI @ Langwarrin SC

Saturday 22 September - 1pm vs. Perth Glory @ TBC

Edited by cadete
Adel KO Changed/RSC Game Cancelled.

Still don't see the point of playing teams below VPL standard, i.e. Port Melbourne

They beat Victory and drew with us last season...

Exactly.

Also they should be VPL this season they were on top of SL1 all last year until Moreland and Stars in the complete unexpected got them at the post. They are currently one point of top now, still have a good side and they should get there this season.

Anyway this looks half decent, games in Port and Richmond should be really good...

Ppl going to head to Geelong?

EDIT: Adelaide Utd at Epping should be a ripper as well, I wonder if A13 will come... :lol:

Edited by cadete

Why is the Adelaide game on at 2pm on a Tuesday?

Is there a public holiday that I'm unaware of?

Heart’s match against United on August 21, scheduled to kick-off at 2pm to enable the South Australian side to transit to and from Melbourne on the same day ahead of their AFC Champions League Quarter Final.

Edit. Beaten to it!

Edited by dRoy

Is the game against Perth likely to be a closed door match at AAMI. They did it last year, but cant remember who they played.

Doubtful as Munn has let people know about it this far out.

Considering the bad timing of the Adel Utd game u would think they will want the other A League Pre Season game to try get some get some new Members from you think...

I mean If it was me I would advertise the game as our first chance for redemption after last years finals.

The Perth one is a bit of an odd one. On the current timetable it's the day before the Family Day. Perhaps the two things will be combined in due course.

They usually organise a NYL game for the family day, seniors played a day before the family day last season too.

Looks like I'll be at KB Reserve Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in the second week of August.

Will definitely be at the game against Richmond, looking forward to it!

The Stasi Boys I reckon will want us to make sure we remember when we came to their Turf, so we better make sure we take good numbers... :ph34r:

Nothing unexpected there. I assume Langwarrin = Cardinia?

Wouldn't be surprised if the Perth game was played behind closed doors tbh, it wasn't really released by the club, it was leaked on twitter. Our three community matches are already scheduled too, so I don't see where else it could be played. I don't really think it's a chance for revenge either, it's a meaningless friendly for nothing but fitness. As for getting new members, I doubt playing a friendly against A-League opposition in the inner suburbs would attract most of our members, let alone potential new members. Bringing the club to smaller clubs/communities like Cardinia/Geelong etc. probably would attract new people.

Nothing unexpected there. I assume Langwarrin = Cardinia?

Wouldn't be surprised if the Perth game was played behind closed doors tbh, it wasn't really released by the club, it was leaked on twitter.

I did not know about the Twitter leak

Our three community matches are already scheduled too, so I don't see where else it could be played. I don't really think it's a chance for revenge either, it's a meaningless friendly for nothing but fitness. As for getting new members, I doubt playing a friendly against A-League opposition in the inner suburbs would attract most of our members, let alone potential new members. Bringing the club to smaller clubs/communities like Cardinia/Geelong etc. probably would attract new people.

TBH I kind of disagree about a more Regional area getting us more fans.

Our Advertising is so poor IMO I reckon what we should be doing is:

Playing this Perth game on a Saturday afternoon at Lakeside (Which has the Seats and Ticketing to host such a game) and advertising that all Junior players get in for free so they bring their parents along.

That to me sounds like the best way to make the game a chance to grab Members.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

The Stasi Boys I reckon will want us to make sure we remember when we came to their Turf, so we better make sure we take good numbers... :ph34r:

Meh, it's my turf too (footy wise) so I'll be right, as for you guys I'll bring the bubblewrap!

No. No. No. Means Langwarrin. We played a 'Peninsula XI' there last pre-season. Can give you the Melways ref. later if you wish.

So this game in Langwarrin won't be our Cardinia community match?

I wasn't really expecting all these friendlies plus possibly two more. Geelong would definitely be too far to be the Brimbank game then too. Maybe, the community festivals won't have friendlies like usual?

Still, no Shep/Ballarat/Bendigo as expected.

Edit: Westpac Community Football Festival in Cardinia is next week, anyway.

Edited by Footballism

No. No. No. Means Langwarrin. We played a 'Peninsula XI' there last pre-season. Can give you the Melways ref. later if you wish.

So this game in Langwarrin won't be our Cardinia community match?

I wasn't really expecting all these friendlies plus possibly two more. Geelong would definitely be too far to be the Brimbank game then too. Maybe, the community festivals won't have friendlies like usual?

Still, no Shep/Ballarat/Bendigo as expected.

Considering Langwarrin's "Blue Bum Brothers" links will you still be attendance?

TBH I kind of disagree about a more Regional area getting us more fans.

Our Advertising is so poor IMO I reckon what we should be doing is:

Playing this Perth game on a Saturday afternoon at Lakeside (Which has the Seats and Ticketing to host such a game) and advertising that all Junior players get in for free so they bring their parents along.

That to me sounds like the best way to make the game a chance to grab Members.

That was kind of my point.

Simply holding a friendly at Lakeside with the main selling points being A league opposition, a chance for revenge etc. would attract hardly anyone, dedicated Heart fans only I would assume.

Holding the game at any club/community and interacting with that club/community, e.g. giving out free tickets, clinics beforehand etc. would attract a lot of people from that club/community, who could be potential new members. It doesn't have to be regional either.

Just posted on twitter. Here are the dates for the preseason games.

http://www.footballa...-Released/47954

Match Details

Friday 27 July - 8pm vs. FFV VCL XI @ Stead Park, Geelong

Wednesday 1 August - 7:30pm vs. Port Melbourne @ JL Murphy Reserve

Wednesday 8 August - 7:30pm vs. Richmond @ Kevin Bartlett Reserve

Tuesday 21 August - 2pm vs. Adelaide United @ Epping Stadium

Sunday 16 September - TBC vs. Mt Eliza XI @ Langwarrin SC

Saturday 22 September - 1pm vs. Perth Glory @ TBC

^ this...

need to organise a day off work

• Like 1