Melbourne Football

Music Festivals

Woody

I know the lineups haven't come out and I know there is probably another thread somewhere else, but fuck it.

Who's keen for what?

Personally down for Parklife with a few folks I know being the local filler DJ's and some decent artists playing for a decent price when nowt else is on.

> Tomorrowland.

R.I.P Love Parade 21

Every festival since this date has been an utter dissapointment.

I will go to Godskitchen as I have for the last 5 years. Stereo is junk because of the crowd. Summerdayze becoming a surprisingly underrated festival due to less muzzas as usual (Still 1 too many).

• Like 1

Rofl.

This is going to sound weird but I am so old I can remember Summerdayze without any Muzza's back in the very early 2000's in Perth with the whole crowd being Uni Students and Young Professionals (Even though I am guessing they would have been around a bit by then at the Sydney and Melbourne events.)

I also remembered when things changed just few years later and I eventually just stopped going to both Electronic and Alternative Festivals due to this a few years later circa 2007, however I guess this also has to do with a few other Lifestyle changes that I made at the time.

Edited by cadete

http://www.inthemix.com.au/news/aust/53258/Stereosonic_drops_huge_2012_lineup

The 2012 Stereosonic line-up:

Tiësto

Avicii

Calvin Harris

Example

Carl Cox

Major Lazer

Laidback Luke

Martin Solveig

Dash Berlin

Markus Schulz

Diplo*

Sander van Doorn

Infected Mushroom*

Chuckie

Flux Pavilion

Mr Oizo

Porter Robinson

Loco Dice

Bassnectar

JFK MSTRKRFT

Excision

Adam Beyer*

Aly & Fila

Caspa

Datsik

Joris Voorn*

Bingo Players

Tommy Trash*

Simon Patterson

Gesaffelstein

Ørjan Nilsen

Dillon Francis

Foreign Beggars

Zedd

Brodinski

Krewella*

Nina Kraviz*

Van She*

Alvin Risk*

Destructo*

MaRLo*

Club Cheval [Melbourne, Sydney & Adelaide only]

Treasure Fingers*

French Fries [Melbourne, Sydney & Adelaide only]

Beni#

Duke Dumont [Melbourne, Sydney & Adelaide only]

Mickey [Melbourne & Sydney only]

Kaz James*

Feenixpawl*

Acid Jacks [Melbourne & Sydney only]

Changed my mind now. Will go for SVD, Infected Mushroom & Simon Patterson.

It's a decent lineup looking forward to seeing

Dash, chuckie, Orjan Nielsen, Sander Van Doorn, Zedd and Laidback Luke (usually does different shit to the rest of the big names) and also Adam Beyer

Saw Avicii last year and was good but now could only imagine everyone going to see him for what he will probably play a similar set. Tiesto will be alright to see but old tiesto>>>>>>>>>>>>..new tiesto.

Edited by Fredinho69

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Bump, looks like a pretty good and relatively affordable music festival for those into hip hop and EDM http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/musicnews/s4255842.htm

CG easily the best live performer I have seen and was considering flying to Sydney last time he was here since he had no Melbourne show. Worth the money alone. Joey Bada$$ adding a bit more of a traditional Hip Hop sound, iLoveMakonen GOAT singer, Alison Wonderland the best EDM producer in the country, as stupid as their songs are I'm pretty sure it's impossible to not like Rae Sremmurd cause their songs are catchy AF, etc.

Edited by Tesla

Bump, looks like a pretty good and relatively affordable music festival for those into hip hop and EDM http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/musicnews/s4255842.htm

CG easily the best live performer I have seen and was considering flying to Sydney last time he was here since he had no Melbourne show. Worth the money alone. Joey Bada$$ adding a bit more of a traditional Hip Hop sound, iLoveMakonen GOAT singer, Alison Wonderland the best EDM producer in the country, as stupid as their songs are I'm pretty sure it's impossible to not like Rae Sremmurd cause their songs are catchy AF, etc.

Park life/listen out has always been the best festival imo since they rely on a solid all round line up not one massive draw card. The fact that it's in footy season keeps the flag capes away too.

• 4 years later...