Melbourne Football

David Williams

sharpy

The thinking might be that Melbourne City doesn't only have 1 new quality goal-scorer in Kennedy, but 2 in Kennedy and Koren. Since Koren has been fit enough to start he's got 3 goals over 135 minutes: that's 1 goal every half of football on average.

Whereas David Williams has only scored 3 goals (2 of which were pens) since signing his new contract on the 20th of March 2014. Williams has only scored 1 goal every 348 minutes (1 goal every 7 halves of football), and only 1 goal from open play in 1046 minutes (1 goal in 23 halves of football).

I understand where you're all going with this, but unless we sign a back up striker, i dont see this being a good move.

Ok we have Jesus, but what happens if Jesus injures himself walking on water and we need someone to bring in. Marino is a fuftre talent but imo isnt good enough as a back up striker to rely on if the worst case happens.

Franjic from my understanding, would be on loan am i right? If we signed him for a couple of seasons, id be rapt.

Im hoping the only reason that Willo asked for the release is because he has something lined up already. 

if indeed Willo is wanting to go id say he has something lined up.  would be surprised if he wanted to leave and go cold turkey from football.

from which, im sure the club is covering all bases and that we have enough attacking talent when we return from the Asian Cup break.

with the way Andy Keogh has worked at Perth, surely the club could find a competent player in Britain.  we do have a visa space left after all.

whether or not that will be filled by a player in a different position is another question all together though.

Edited by mattyh001

Willo is 26 now and will be 27 in February, 28 by the time his current contract expires. I'd say he's being smart, recognising that he's probably not going to go any further with City and that rather than wait until he's cut at the end of next season he'd be better off making a new start now and perhaps getting a new lease of life at another club. Basically what Nick Kalmar did. It might take a little time for Willo to find what he wants, but IMO he's going about this the right way.

• 2 weeks later...

Played well. Must be maintained in the squad. Can really change a game. Surprised he replaced Duff too.

Not surprised at all. Duff is completely spent after 60 minutes or so.

Reason I felt surprised that a spent Duff is surely better than Ramsay. So I would have thought swapping Ramsay for Williams was obvious. Then to confuse the issue further Murdocca came on for Ramsay and full shuffle occured.

Played well. Must be maintained in the squad. Can really change a game. Surprised he replaced Duff too.

Not surprised at all. Duff is completely spent after 60 minutes or so.

Reason I felt surprised that a spent Duff is surely better than Ramsay. So I would have thought swapping Ramsay for Williams was obvious. Then to confuse the issue further Murdocca came on for Ramsay and full shuffle occured.

Better to rest up Duff for the Derby and not risk the chance of injury.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

He was the x factor.

Personally he deserves the 3 votes.  He was involved in every goal.

Maybe his best impact is from the bench.

Agree that he may be best coming off the bench as the impact player.

Too expensive for that.

Silly me.  Lets pick our starting 11 based on wages. 

What are Sydney doing with Smeltz???? Arnie has no idea!

• Like 1