Melbourne Football

David Williams

sharpy

I haven't given up on Williams. Given his form for the Fury we were all expecting more, granted, but he's obviously found the move difficult. With strong competition for places in the forwards he has to work hard from here on in to get a run, which is a good thing.

(Still suspect cutting his hair was the main problem though, ala Samson).

was my favourite player for nqf... exciting to watch... was excited when heard we signed him... appears to have lost his touch looks out of favour and from what i saw wed looks out of shape also and at times sluggish and lazy. that said... hopefully he can return to some form soon

was my favourite player for nqf... exciting to watch... was excited when heard we signed him... appears to have lost his touch looks out of favour and from what i saw wed looks out of shape also and at times sluggish and lazy. that said... hopefully he can return to some form soon

Also have to agree with you here Myki

Edited by Scouser

He has got 3 years, we'll see how that goes.

Hes only got 3 if he performs whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy do you believe in throwing good money after bad that is why they laugh at our league overseas.So will he get moved after that and the new club can throw $130 000 at him and after he doesnt produce someone on the next forum will say we'll see how it goes.You seriously want to sink the league

Played well on Wednesday, give him some time

Agreed.

I think players low on form/confidence often play a bit better when some of the bigger names (i.e. Fred/Dugandzic) are out. Perhaps they aren't as intimidated, perhaps it is as simple as he had more to do, so he stepped up and got it done.

Form is temporary, class is permanent. Did he have class at NQF or was it just form? That's another debate.

Hes only got 3 if he performs whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy do you believe in throwing good money after bad that is why they laugh at our league overseas.So will he get moved after that and the new club can throw $130 000 at him and after he doesnt produce someone on the next forum will say we'll see how it goes.You seriously want to sink the league

Considering I started the thread mate, I thought my comment of 'he has got 3 years, we'll see how he goes' was pretty obvious that I was being sarcastic. 3 years is way too long. Just relax bra!

• 2 weeks later...

he did what was the only logical thing to do, and most players would have done the same in that position. Doesn't necessarily mean he suddenly improved into a quality player. Will have to do a lot more than just that to convince me

Wasn't directed at that one moment, had a pretty good game & has shown glimpses of the Williams when he was at NQF.

I know Williams has been very average and his confidence is absolutely shot but can anyone explain why he was playing on the left wing when he came on?

He has no left foot that I can tell so everyone time he got possession his first reaction was to come back inside rather than hit the bi-line like Goodwin was doing.

Willing to give him a preseason to work his ass off and get fit after the wake-up call this season has been.

Shroj at least serves a purpose, even if it is an archaic one. David Williams is being exposed for his lack of technique in a team that demands it in the final third. His Heart career to date has been riddled with poor crosses, poor passes and poor touches that have resulted in turnovers all over the pitch. In the dying stages last week, his attempt to switch the play evaded everyone in Red and White and found the touchline, killing what was our final chance on goal.

I don't want to be overtly negative, but his technical deficiencies are going to make life very hard for him at the Heart, particularly when he can't seem to use the gifts he does have, which are mostly in the athletic category, to their full potential.

Fingers crossed he'll find his feet.

• Like 2

Shroj at least serves a purpose, even if it is an archaic one. David Williams is being exposed for his lack of technique in a team that demands it in the final third. His Heart career to date has been riddled with poor crosses, poor passes and poor touches that have resulted in turnovers all over the pitch. In the dying stages last week, his attempt to switch the play evaded everyone in Red and White and found the touchline, killing what was our final chance on goal.

I don't want to be overtly negative, but his technical deficiencies are going to make life very hard for him at the Heart, particularly when he can't seem to use the gifts he does have, which are mostly in the athletic category, to their full potential.

Fingers crossed he'll find his feet.

Completely agree, Shroj serves a purpose in the side, brings some grunt, but Williams, although his performance was 5% better in the derby, has been terrible all year. How did this bloke play for the Socceroos? There are better players in our NYL than him who don't get game time!

Unfortunately he was not impressive in the NYL match on Sunday either. Any senior player worth his salt should be a stand-out in the NYL if he's required to play there. Agree with those comments by MG and Brushy - DW needs a really tough off-season to get his body into shape again and regain his speed if he can - then his technical deficiencies might be tolerable. Otherwise we're just going to carry him as dead wood for another two years.