Melbourne Football

Matchday 9: v Perth - Friday 6th December 7:30 pm at AAMI Park

Harrison

Interesting situation we find ourselves. We are coming off a bye in decent form playing an obviously underperforming preseason favorite. 

Now if ever there was game to see where we are at, it would be Friday, and I'm not trying to be funny. I do think we have been fortunate in our fixture and we really haven't played anyone decent, although the away win to Wanderers was a huge result, I still have a lingering pessimism that we are 1 loss away from return to semi final mediocre perennials. 

Having said all that we are a different team this season and potentially we could really challenge but if we are to truly prove all the doubters (mainly myself) we need to win this week and win atleast 3 from the next 4 which includes Christmas Derby and Sydney away. We do that then I can't start lifting the lid.

I reckon:

Bouzanis

Galloway  Delbridge  Good  Jamieson

Griffiths

Noone       Brillante  Metcalfe  Cabrera

Maclaren

Subs: other dudes

32 minutes ago, rass said:

I reckon:

Bouzanis

Galloway  Delbridge  Good  Jamieson

Griffiths

Noone       Brillante  Metcalfe  Cabrera

Maclaren

Subs: other dudes

I think Metcalfe is still out, some soft tissue, and I would do the same but with Genreau instead. 

1.Tom GLOVER, 2.Scott GALLOWAY, 3.Scott JAMIESON, 4.Harrison DELBRIDGE, 6.Josh BRILLANTE, 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 8.Javier CABRERA, 9.Jamie MACLAREN, 10.Florin BERENGUER 11.Craig NOONE, 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON, 17.Denis GENREAU, 19.Lachlan WALES, 20.Adrian LUNA, 21.Ramy NAJJARINE, 22.Curtis GOOD, 23.Dean BOUZANIS, 30.Moudi NAJJAR, 34.Connor METCALFE, 49.Stefan COLAKOVSKI

Ins: 10.Florin BERENGUER (promoted), 34.Connor METCALFE (promoted), 49.Stefan COLAKOVSKI (promoted)

Outs: 39.Idrus ABDULAHI (omitted)

Unavailable: 40.Richard WINDBICHLER (hamstring)

• Like 1

The bye week came at the right time. I'm thankful for it now but it's frustrating nonetheless. It's given the injured players a bit more time to recover. 

We could see a return to the line-up we favoured in pre-season.  

Bouzanis

Galloway Delbridge Good Jamieson

Berenguer Brillante Metcalfe

Noone Maclaren Wales

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rass said:

Has the squad been announced yet? I'd put coin down on Metcalfe coming back.

36 minutes ago, Harrison said:

1.Tom GLOVER, 2.Scott GALLOWAY, 3.Scott JAMIESON, 4.Harrison DELBRIDGE, 6.Josh BRILLANTE, 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 8.Javier CABRERA, 9.Jamie MACLAREN, 10.Florin BERENGUER 11.Craig NOONE, 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON, 17.Denis GENREAU, 19.Lachlan WALES, 20.Adrian LUNA, 21.Ramy NAJJARINE, 22.Curtis GOOD, 23.Dean BOUZANIS, 30.Moudi NAJJAR, 34.Connor METCALFE, 49.Stefan COLAKOVSKI

Ins: 10.Florin BERENGUER (promoted), 34.Connor METCALFE (promoted), 49.Stefan COLAKOVSKI (promoted)

Outs: 39.Idrus ABDULAHI (omitted)

Unavailable: 40.Richard WINDBICHLER (hamstring)

... Damn, someone should've taken me up...

• Like 2

Hopefully we get a good crowd for what's apparently going to be a pleasant evening weather-wise in a prime timeslot against decent opposition featuring Bruno's first return to AAMI Park.

8,000 would be nice. Looking forward to the terrace atmosphere which has been ace this season and hopefully goals 👍

1 hour ago, Nate said:

Hopefully we get a good crowd for what's apparently going to be a pleasant evening weather-wise in a prime timeslot against decent opposition featuring Bruno's first return to AAMI Park.

8,000 would be nice. Looking forward to the terrace atmosphere which has been ace this season and hopefully goals 👍

👍Re the terrace.

But hope we get 10,000

I’m going to miss this game completely, I’m getting some elective surgery today, but I think that playing a team like Perth, that also tries to play possession football, will suit us better than teams that sit deep and counter-attack. I’m expecting a win here, hopefully, I’ll wake up Saturday morning to some good news😊

16 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

I’m going to miss this game completely, I’m getting some elective surgery today, but I think that playing a team like Perth, that also tries to play possession football, will suit us better than teams that sit deep and counter-attack. I’m expecting a win here, hopefully, I’ll wake up Saturday morning to some good news😊

Good luck mate!