Melbourne Football

Lets talk about the Olympics for a sec

Tesla

The fact it costs us $47 million for every gold medal we win we better win some ,because in simple economic theory when you factor in economic opportunity cost this could be put to much better use in other sports, in particular at grass roots level, to try and get kids off their asses and actually playing sport rather than killing zombies. If this money was put into sports with popularity, i.e. soccer and basketball it could be so much more well spent and benefit so many at local level.

Not everyone watches or likes the football codes and their governing bodies already have shitloads compared to general athletics

not to mention the government already does provide big funding for the football codes

Another gold we should have won now gone with Anna Meares failing last night.

This is getting worse and worse.

Can't really say Anna should have won it tbh, Pendleton is obviously just as good (Beijing 2008 sprint) and has showed you can beat Meares in the Keirin now.

I do think Meares will beat her in the Sprint though, Meares was very unfortunate last night & got washed away in the Keirin otherwise it would have been Pendleton & Meares on the line.

Lol at the media and some of you Kent's getting annoyed or disappointed for winning silver/bronze medals.

You know how many people they beat to get to the Olympics? Then how many people they beat to qualify for the medal finals etc?

Some even have to "win" to claim the bronze.

Second or third best is still good for all the effort put in. They lost to one person but beat so many others.

(y)

Strong hipster logic.

When you have trained years to win it and are good enough to do it, and then dont, thats a failure. Most these athletes would admit it themselves, they're not happy with silver or bronze.

Lets say in your job you worked your way up to senior management, and then were demoted to middle management, is it good enough? Your still above all these other people an d I'm sure a lot of them would be happy with that middle management position, just like a lot of the athletes that are at the olympics to just make up the numbers would be happy with a silver or bronze. But when you know you can achieve more its not good enough.

brb, train every day for 20 years, demonstrate I am the best in the world at various competitions, have a bad day at the olympics, hehe silver is still good mehn live laugh love <3

wish the internet would die so I dont have to witness everyone trying to be a philosopher. "second is good enough" - dRoytotle

Please dont express your psudo-intellectual leftwing hipster phaggotary in any way, shape or form whereby I may be privy to it ever again.

tldr;

Roff

060812BODYCARTOON.gif

Well done.

http://www.heraldsun...x-1226443812572

;)

NEW Zealand remembered everything for its champion shot putter- except one crucial thing.

Kiwi Valerie Adams was supposed to step up to the plate and launch perhaps the shot of her career. She'd go for gold. Loud cheers would fill the stadium.

But that didn't happen There was no cheering. Because the New Zealand Olympic committee forgot to register her.

You read that right: they FORGOT to sign her up.

Her name was missing from the starting list, but it wasn't a total disaster - her name will be on the start list tomorrow.

Thank god the IOC didn't penalise Adams for the NZ committee's mistake.

Edited by Braveheart

lets be honest here, the 'elimination' event of the omnium should be its own event, and that event should be the only event in the whole olympics because its far better than any other event in the Olympics.

Seriously, its fucking amazing. So tactical.

• Like 1

GET IN ANNNA!!!!! WATCHED IT LIVE, WHAT A RESULT!!!![

lets be honest here, the 'elimination' event of the omnium should be its own event, and that event should be the only event in the whole olympics because its far better than any other event in the Olympics.

Seriously, its fucking amazing. So tactical.

Agreed, is why I love the Sprint so much, the blue ribbon of track cycling events.