Melbourne Football

Curtis Good Appreciation Society

toogood18

• 3 weeks later...

Trouble getting a UK Visa.

This cant be the case, because even I could have told you there is 0 chance of him getting a visa. He surely has an EU passport if the transfer has progressed this far, or they have been planning to loan him out to Belgium or similar once they sign him.

do we know when the European transfer season ends?

could we expect a transfer request once the a-league season commences; ie, whether Newcastle are still interested?

to be honest part of me wants Good to stay. I hope we can arrange a deal similar to amini.

do we know when the European transfer season ends?

could we expect a transfer request once the a-league season commences; ie, whether Newcastle are still interested?

to be honest part of me wants Good to stay. I hope we can arrange a deal similar to amini.

Ok that is it!

I just want to go on the fucken record and say that I why the fuck did Dortmund have to do this loan back deal with Amini???

All it means is that for the next 70 years whenever one of our players is signed by a Euro club, no matter who the player is or who the club is we are going to have hear over and over again on here about the possibility of a:"Amini Deal".

90% of the time there will be no fucken "Amini Deal"!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

If we were to get a hefty transfer fee and a loan deal for Curtis, it would obviously boost our coffers as well as leave us with more depth for this season.

Perhaps if we can do this, other clubs when negotiating with overseas clubs would then try and strike up a "Good deal" (sorry Cadete, couldn't help myself).

There is nothing wrong with a loan back deal.

I understand barca just paid around 70 million dollars and will loan back the player to his Brazilian club.

The loan back give club 'a' first right to the player while his transfer value is lower. that player can then continue to develop in an environment that is comfortable to club 'a' and the player. once the player develops they will return to club 'a' in a more 'mature' state.

This is how many clubs in europe are operating, particularly with younger players.

• Like 1

There is nothing wrong with a loan back deal.

I understand barca just paid around 70 million dollars and will loan back the player to his Brazilian club.

The loan back give club 'a' first right to the player while his transfer value is lower. that player can then continue to develop in an environment that is comfortable to club 'a' and the player. once the player develops they will return to club 'a' in a more 'mature' state.

This is how many clubs in europe are operating, particularly with younger players.

FFS seriously the only thing that our club does well is attracting Flogs for Fans...

FFS seriously the only thing that our club does well is attracting Flogs for Fans...

I appreciate that you may not agree with some points, but please it is starting to get a little offensive to be name calling people who don't agree with yours.

I have been more than supportive on a large number of your arguments, but now I think your crossing the line.

If you don't agree with loaning players back to their club that's fine. Offer your reasons why.

But don't call me (and many others) flogs etc because they disagree with your views.

If the forum isn't going to be run with a clear intention to respect others opinions, then resorting to name calling will undermine the forum in its entirety.

We should encourage people to join and post. We should not make people feel intimidated that their opinions may be ridiculed as a result. It's sad reading the same people post messages. We need varying opinions to make this forum successful.

I can understand that the long off season may have contributed to this. Some of my posts may be attributed to the slow news days. But I never attack people on a personal level.

I have been no angle (granted), and some of my posts may have attacked the club on points that may offend some forum members.

But If personal attacks continues to cross this line their may be no point in accessing this forum.

The red and white unite site was more than informative prior to this merger.

Edited by markn

I appreciate that you may not agree with some points, but please it is starting to get a little offensive to be name calling people who don't agree with yours.

I have been more than supportive on a large number of your arguments, but now I think your crossing the line.

If you don't agree with loaning players back to their club that's fine. Offer your reasons why.

But don't call me (and many others) flogs etc because they disagree with your views.

If the forum isn't going to be run with a clear intention to respect others opinions, then resorting to name calling will undermine the forum in its entirety.

We should encourage people to join and post. We should not make people feel intimidated that their opinions may be ridiculed as a result. It's sad reading the same people post messages. We need varying opinions to make this forum successful.

I can understand that the long off season may have contributed to this. Some of my posts may be attributed to the slow news days. But I never attack people on a personal level.

I have been no angle (granted), and some of my posts may have attacked the club on points that may offend some forum members.

But If personal attacks continues to cross this line their may be no point in accessing this forum.

The red and white unite site was more than informative prior to this merger.

Your right mate, I'm sorry and I apologise...

• Like 1

Some updates on Good:

- On twitter NUFCfans.co.uk @nufcfans wrote "Move hit a snag - I'm chasing an update on it. Think talks are ongoing. Will get more" in response to "Have #nufc dwcudwd to sign young aussie defender curtis good,i haven' t seen anything about it lately"

@luketansley52 Move hit a snag - I'm chasing an update on it. Think talks are ongoing. Will get more. @AussieMags

— NUFCfans.co.uk (@nufcfans)

July 20, 2012

Although two fan websites believe the transfer will eventuate:

- "We also expect Newcastle to sign Melbourne Heart defender Curtis Good shortly, and the 19 year-old Australian will initially be part of the Development squad" Date : July 20th 2012 http://www.nufcblog....tional-striker/

- "Graham Carr has said to have been watching 19-year-old Koura for some time now, along with Australian Curtis Good who is expected to sign for the club in the near future. Both players would join Newcastle's ever improving Development squad." Date : July 20th 2012 http://nufcnewsnow.blogspot.com.au/

Edited by Murfy1

Not true? You don't need an EU passport to work and live in Europe rofl.

Thats not my point, my point is Good wouldnt get a visa to play football in England, so he needs an EU passport.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

All by the confirmed from the club, now.

“Under tutelage of our coaching staff, we are confident David will be provided with every chance to fulfil his potential and follow in the footsteps of Brendan Hamill and Curtis Good.”

Vrankovic becomes the 18th member of the Heart roster for next season, as Aloisi continues to lay the foundation for his debut campaign as Head Coach.

They say Vrankovic can follow in the footsteps of Hamill/Good (heading abroad) and that he becomes the 18th player, which would have been 19 if they included Good.

Gets a work permit???? You can't just get an EU passport without being born in a member state or having parents holding one.

Cant some ppl get them due to their grandparents birth, as I am pretty sure that is how a close mate of mine got his...

Mind you the rules may have changed, his been over there for years and years now.

Cant some ppl get them due to their grandparents birth, as I am pretty sure that is how a close mate of mine got his...

Mind you the rules may have changed, his been over there for years and years now.

you certainly used to be able to with english and irish passports, though i think the rules may have changed though i'm fairly uncertain

yes they can.

i can get an italian one since my parents can. its in the same way that once you marry someone you could get a passport if they had one of a foreign country.

yes they can.

i can get an italian one since my parents can. its in the same way that once you marry someone you could get a passport if they had one of a foreign country.

It differs a lot from country to country, so what applies in Italy doesnt necessarily apply in England. Half of Argentina can get Italian citizenship lawl.

Not too sure, never had to go through it, have dual.

Interested to find out how you worked this. I attempted to gain a Dutch passport in 2006 due to both my grandparents on my fathers side being Dutch expats.

Was told my father did not hold Dutch citizenship contrary to what he had thought and that no new dual citizenship requests were being taken as there was an incoming change in law that forbid dual citizenship with a Dutch passport. Is the law different if you are going the other way? Ie leaving holland rather than attempting to gain entry? Or did you receive dual citizenship before 06? Genuinely interested as I was unable to seriously pursue playing cricket for the Netherlands because of this. I remember something similar with Serg Van Dyk wanting to play for Indonesia as well.

Eligibility varies from country to country, so if you are thinking of trying to obtain an EU passport then you need to look at the rules that apply to your particular circumstances. It is unwise to generalize or to assume that what applied to someone else will apply to your particular circumstances.

• Like 1

Brillant! Good for Good, good for Newcastle, good for the A-League, good for the Socceroos and most of all, brillantly good for the reputation of Melbourne Heart ... now Curtis better deliver for his new club...

actually, on reflection, I am strugling to think of a better or bigger transfer out of the A-league in its entire history....

Eligibility varies from country to country, so if you are thinking of trying to obtain an EU passport then you need to look at the rules that apply to your particular circumstances. It is unwise to generalize or to assume that what applied to someone else will apply to your particular circumstances.

I follow what your saying but I am talking about the same country. Was wondering what the conditions were that allowed dutchpride to gain dual citizenship.

Back on topic great news for Curtis that this seems to all be going through for him.

Interested to find out how you worked this. I attempted to gain a Dutch passport in 2006 due to both my grandparents on my fathers side being Dutch expats.

Was told my father did not hold Dutch citizenship contrary to what he had thought and that no new dual citizenship requests were being taken as there was an incoming change in law that forbid dual citizenship with a Dutch passport. Is the law different if you are going the other way? Ie leaving holland rather than attempting to gain entry? Or did you receive dual citizenship before 06? Genuinely interested as I was unable to seriously pursue playing cricket for the Netherlands because of this. I remember something similar with Serg Van Dyk wanting to play for Indonesia as well.

My whole family is from Holland, I was born in America whilst my parents were on holiday, I lived in Holland until i was 3 & a half and this is when I moved to Australia, after 2002 or 3' I would have lost my dutch passport because I hadn't lived there for 5 years but I was allowed to keep it because obviously it was before 2002 I moved here.

I also could have chosen to take American passport has my dual, because I was born there to dutch parents.

Edited by DutchPride