Melbourne Football

Curtis Good Appreciation Society

toogood18

46 minutes ago, CityWildcat said:

Think we got him on a free?  He's clearly got plenty in the bank, as he was getting getting paid over $10,000 a WEEK by the Toon ALL THROUGH ''the injury years''.  .

FUN FACT: His each appearance for the first team cost the Geordies  over $1,500,000.00  

Welcome home!  

As a Sunderland fan I'm quite happy about that, but perhaps that's down to there not being much to be happy about right now...

• 1 month later...

Curtis Good: I want another taste...

Clement Tito

Good returns to his hometown after a six year stint with Premier League side Newcastle United, which saw him go out on loan to Bradford City and Dundee United.

The 25-year-old had a frustrating time in the UK after a hip injury – which he picked up in his only game for Australia against Ecuador in 2014 – affected his career with the Magpies.

Good only ever managed a League Cup appearance in 2013 and one FA Cup game in 2017 for Newcastle before he was released at the end of last season.

The defender has now returned to City to reignite his career – after a trial with Blackpool – but still has hopes of a return to the big leagues. 

“Ultimately, yes I want to return. When you’re pushing to play for the Socceroos, you always give yourself a better chance to play at the highest level,” Good said today.

“I’m not saying you can’t do it playing in the A-League, but from my perspective, I’ve had a taste of it and I had some good times over there. That’s what I want to achieve again.”

ImageResizer.ashx?n=https%3a%2f%2fi.nextmedia.com.au%2fNews%2fCurtis_Good.jpg&c=0

Curtis searching for some good news...

Good is yet to make an appearance for City this season while he works to get fully match fit.

It is Remembrance Round this week and the Cityzens meet Wellington Phoenix at home on Friday night, but Good has ruled himself out of the game.

“I won’t debut this Friday but hopefully the game after – Brisbane away,” he said.

“I’m back in full training with the team, I have been for the last couple of weeks. Now it’s about proving my fitness and putting my name forward.”

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/curtis-good-i-want-another-taste-515245

Edited by haz

Think our CB pairing by the end of the season will be Good and Bart.

for me it makes more sense than La Rocca or Delbridge with Bart as La Rocca and Bart are too similar as CB’s and Delbridge issnt experienced enough. Good is that CB which adds that calm organising presence that our defence is lacking. 

We all have seen it before in our bush leagues the old Nutter CB and old man calm the fuck down CB pairing works best,

Still. It might be a bit of a nostalgic hope more than anything. But would love nothing more than Good rebuild his career with City

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

I think when good gets fit, he will be a revelation for us.  I remember him and Hamil were insane for the half a season or so.  If he has improved over the last few years (lets hope so) he could be really strong. But I think it will take delbridge to get sent off and la rocca to die (plus malik) for him to make the XI in the near future

10 hours ago, Dylan said:

Think our CB pairing by the end of the season will be Good and Bart.

for me it makes more sense than La Rocca or Delbridge with Bart as La Rocca and Bart are too similar as CB’s and Delbridge issnt experienced enough. Good is that CB which adds that calm organising presence that our defence is lacking. 

We all have seen it before in our bush leagues the old Nutter CB and old man calm the fuck down CB pairing works best,

Still. It might be a bit of a nostalgic hope more than anything. But would love nothing more than Good rebuild his career with City

If Good becomes 100% fit, he will be better then Delbridge. But Delbridge has improved alot since last season and I think he has done more then enough to keep his spot at CB for the time being. One thing we get with Delbridge is a target for set-pieces. I think he scored 2 goals from corners in pre-season, and so far he has got his head on the ball in a few good places during the first 3 rounds.

Edited by haz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Harrison said:

What a monster. A class above last night.

If he keeps improving we have no chance of re-signing him. 

I think if we can focus the major fraction of the cap on the preferred match-day squad and fill the rest of it with minimum wage players (i.e. the Sydney Method) we can retain Curtis. He's only on the minimum wage this season, and we can surely improve on that?

I don't think he needs to chase money. He was on a generous contract at Newcastle, he always presents himself as a very sensible young man, and I'd be surprised if he wasn't well set up financially.

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Before the season began, he was hoping to head back overseas after the one season.

I doubt we keep him but we’d be fools not to give it a go.  

Eh i dont think he's been that Good he's warranted a big money deal yet. Might yet be in front of him though.

3 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Eh i dont think he's been that Good he's warranted a big money deal yet. Might yet be in front of him though.

I think he’s on peanuts so he’d be wanting a pay rise at the very least. Not big money but decent money.

Seemed pretty set on heading back overseas before he’d even kicked a ball so I don’t have high hopes.

If we can’t keep Bart then we should be doing all we can to sign Curt but we’ve also got Rowles coming in I’m pretty sure. 

1 hour ago, Harrison said:

I think he’s on peanuts so he’d be wanting a pay rise at the very least. Not big money but decent money.

Seemed pretty set on heading back overseas before he’d even kicked a ball so I don’t have high hopes.

If we can’t keep Bart then we should be doing all we can to sign Curt but we’ve also got Rowles coming in I’m pretty sure. 

Rowles?

44 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

No chance at all of Good going overseas after this season. He's played well enough to stay with us, but not got enough minutes for an overseas deal imo

Depends on where he wants to go. many Asian clubs would have him based on size alone 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...