Melbourne Football

Curtis Good Appreciation Society

toogood18

He and Hamill have the tools to build themselves long and successfull careers abroad, and in the centre of Australia's defence in the future. Let us hope they both live up to massive potential they have.

But yes, this thread is a little premature.

Melbourne Heart is fast becoming a football editor's wet dream in the headline pun department.

Edited by marteaux

If people love Good and love Hamill so much (And believe me I am one) then they should know the best thing for them is to be paired together rarely.

We need a new experienced defender to play alongside either one of them, my preference would be for them to rotate next to this experienced defender.

The last thing we want is to ruin two great kid's careers which could see them go and spend long spells overseas and set up the rest of their lives financially by putting too much pressure on them and destroying their confidence.

And Colosimo is not the answer.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

I must say Good played one of his best games, pretty much locking down Ibini on Wednesday. So did Hammil as well, except for failing to mark Kwasnik.

I must say cadete I 100% agree with you, I love both players, reckon they're absolute guns, but they shouldn't be paired together too often, we need an experienced defender

• Like 1

I love it how Curtis is making taking out a player nearly twice his age a weekly occurance. He also loves to bully people his age too.

From what I can remember:

1. Flying knee'd self confessed hard man Jacob Burns.

2. Slapped 16 y/o Jacob Melling on the back of the head for getting lippy.

3. Rugby tackled James Meyer on behalf of Y-Side because he trampled on our banners.

4. Smashed Ruben Zadkovich in the face with an flying elbow and accused him of diving.

5. Attempted to sacktap Billy Mehmet when he went to help him up.

and probably heaps more I didn't get to see. He's an absolute unit, and just wish we could have unleashed him on Muscat.

• Like 1

I love it how Curtis is making taking out a player nearly twice his age a weekly occurance. He also loves to bully people his age too.

From what I can remember:

1. Flying knee'd self confessed hard man Jacob Burns.

2. Slapped 16 y/o Jacob Melling on the back of the head for getting lippy.

3. Rugby tackled James Meyer on behalf of Y-Side because he trampled on our banners.

4. Smashed Ruben Zadkovich in the face with an flying elbow and accused him of diving.

5. Attempted to sacktap Billy Mehmet when he went to help him up.

and probably heaps more I didn't get to see. He's an absolute unit, and just wish we could have unleashed him on Muscat.

What a fucking sick cunt.

• 3 months later...

Was extended cause the first team coach wanted a better look so that is promising!

Good effort to get that far, what I do know is because such a big club is looking at him, if he misses out (and his management team have any brains) he will find a contract at a smaller club even if he misses the chances at Newcastle.

For now, the dream of Newcastle is still on, and he should just give his all for that, because it is a great club with some terrific players there and he would develop amazingly well there.

Good luck Good!

There is a chance, but I read somewhere that they want him in their EPL squad of 25 as their 4th CB.

You need to remember, Marrone was going to sign with Calgari for around $220k, Florres went for $550k, Amini went for around $425k, McKay $350k, Luke DeVere $300k, Leckie FREE.

I think only Mitch Langerack has surpassed the 1 million Dolar mark in the league.

As you can see Aussies don't hold much currency OS, I think if he does go, it will be around $350k

There is a chance, but I read somewhere that they want him in their EPL squad of 25 as their 4th CB.

You need to remember, Marrone was going to sign with Calgari for around $220k, Florres went for $550k, Amini went for around $425k, McKay $350k, Luke DeVere $300k, Leckie FREE.

I think only Mitch Langerack has surpassed the 1 million Dolar mark in the league.

As you can see Aussies don't hold much currency OS, I think if he does go, it will be around $350k

300k profit off him. Plus a little bit of publicity over there. Not bad.

LOL we will not stop Curtis Good living a dream. This is too big an opportunity for him and in reflection us to make some noises overseas.

If we were smart it wouldn't only be a transfer fee, it would be a selling on percentage like 10% attached if he is sold, obtaining an exhibition game with Newcastle United, and an opportunity to have our players and staff in particular go to Newcastle and see what they do. Strike up a relationship with them and even maybe a guest player.

Think outside the square. Whilst a large fee would be nice, Newcastle are known to be hard sellers and stingy buyers. Don't let the opportunity slip.

• Like 1

LOL we will not stop Curtis Good living a dream. This is too big an opportunity for him and in reflection us to make some noises overseas.

If we were smart it wouldn't only be a transfer fee, it would be a selling on percentage like 10% attached if he is sold, obtaining an exhibition game with Newcastle United, and an opportunity to have our players and staff in particular go to Newcastle and see what they do. Strike up a relationship with them and even maybe a guest player.

Think outside the square. Whilst a large fee would be nice, Newcastle are known to be hard sellers and stingy buyers. Don't let the opportunity slip.

imo this is probably the most important thing. could possibly also tie in some appearance bonuses into the transfer fee. ie if he plays x amount of times in his first few seasons there then the transfer fee increases by x amount