Melbourne Football

Yarraside Knowledge Bank

AyeCee

Any fluent japanese speakers on the forum?

Not fluent but I did quite well in Year 12 Japanese. Albeit that was over 6 years ago... What's your question? I need to do stuff that's in my room such as;

hon wa sukue no ue ni arimasu

I need to know with adding a adjective to a noun do I need to use a particle or not?

Ok well first adjectives always go directly before the noun. Then there are two kinds of adjectives, 'i' and 'na' adjectives. The latter take a 'na' particle between the adjective and the noun. 'i' adjectives just appear in their basic form with no particle. Does that make sense? I can explain better with examples if you like.

So while I have to register my brothers to their club, because the club is too lazy to do it themselves (they have been registering players themselves for the past two years on "my football club"). Really couldnt be fucked doing it myself but when I logged in to one of their accounts I have noticed that one of them was not registered for the past two years to this club according to his profile and his last known registration was in 2010 with his old club. I made sure my other brother was registered to this current club for the past two years, and he has. So now this is some fuck up from the club who have failed to register my youngest brother since the 2011 season on the my football club (associated with ffv).

Can there be a possibility I could force the club to contact ffv and have them add on the 2 seasons he has played for the club on his profile. This indicates he was not officially registered/recognised from 2011-2012 and all fee payments were done manually at the club and they have the responsibility to take care of the registration process. Or can I scab the money off them (registration payments) for the previous 2 years? Because this shows from my view that the fees meant nothing if he was not recorded on the ffv data base and may as well would of played for free. Or maybe that last opinion is irrelevant.

What do?

Edited by Young Polak

So while I have to register my brothers to their club, because the club is too lazy to do it themselves (they have been registering players themselves for the past two years on "my football club"). Really couldnt be fucked doing it myself but when I logged in to one of their accounts I have noticed that one of them was not registered for the past two years to this club according to his profile and his last known registration was in 2010 with his old club. I made sure my other brother was registered to this current club for the past two years, and he has. So now this is some fuck up from the club who have failed to register my youngest brother since the 2011 season on the my football club (associated with ffv).

Can there be a possibility I could force the club to contact ffv and have them add on the 2 seasons he has played for the club on his profile. This indicates he was not officially registered/recognised from 2011-2012 and all fee payments were done manually at the club and they have the responsibility to take care of the registration process. Or can I scab the money off them (registration payments) for the previous 2 years? Because this shows from my view that the fees meant nothing if he was not recorded on the ffv data base and may as well would of played for free. Or maybe that last opinion is irrelevant.

What do?

I don't think he should have been allowed to play without being registered.. So I would defs go to the club and have a chat with the president about the situation, then he or she might be able to do something about it

What do?

I don't think he should have been allowed to play without being registered.. So I would defs go to the club and have a chat with the president about the situation, then he or she might be able to do something about it

It's weird though, I know he shouldn't play if he was not registered, it just seems very clouded because i remember refs came in before KO and  checked the books to see if all players are eligible to play. (He was playing A grade)

and the fact he played VCL (regional competition) players had to be playing for their local club in order to advance to play regional games. Maybe it was overlooked. I don't know.

The president doesn't care, he just looks after the money, it's all up to our treasaurer, who seems pretty incompetent.

Edited by Young Polak

What do?

It's weird though, I know he shouldn't play if he was not registered, it just seems very clouded because i remember refs came in before KO and  checked the books to see if all players are eligible to play. (He was playing A grade)

and the fact he played VCL (regional competition) players had to be playing for their local club in order to advance to play regional games. Maybe it was overlooked. I don't know.

The president doesn't care, he just looks after the money, it's all up to our treasaurer, who seems pretty incompetent. Time for a club change I think.. Lol

Contact FFV , especially if refs have checked up on eligibility, (fwiw I don't know how they check)

Could just be a simple mistake in the system

What do?

The president doesn't care, he just looks after the money, it's all up to our treasaurer, who seems pretty incompetent. Time for a club change I think.. Lol

Contact FFV , especially if refs have checked up on eligibility, (fwiw I don't know how they check)

Could be, but two years in a row?

He isn't going to change club while he is being coached by M.Stergiopolous. Team is great but management seems annoying now.

The books are like, each player has a photo ID, their number and what not. I remember it vaguely, but it's not like the ref would call up ffv for each player or someshit to make sure he is in the system. Just looks, browses each photo and calls for KO.

Edited by Young Polak

Can someone please tell me why the fuck you have to buy your alcohol an hour an 15 minutes before you get on a plane???

Recently just got back from Singapore and was keen on spending my last dollars on some baileys but was told that you can only buy alcohol 75 minutes before your flight.

What do?

Could be, but two years in a row?

He isn't going to change club while he is being coached by M.Stergiopolous. Team is great but management seems annoying now.

The books are like, each player has a photo ID, their number and what not. I remember it vaguely, but it's not like the ref would call up ffv for each player or someshit to make sure he is in the system. Just looks, browses each photo and calls for KO.

Sure he hasn't got more than one account?

We had the problem if someone's D.O.B or spelling of name (e.g Mick/Michael) was entered incorrectly by the club then you couldn't find that person unless you had their FFA number. So you just create a new account, which is what I would assume the club has done. It's not in their interests to not register players, as if there is an injury to the player and they are not insured the club would be in more shit than a Weribee duck.

Maybe they entered it incorrectly, but it wouldn't make sense if they made another account if my second brother had all his registration done on one account which shows including the current club that supposedlely fucked up. I'll find out what the club has to say

creating new accounts for players happens all the time. when I moved clubs the system wouldn't allow them to transfer me, so they just created a new account for me.

Can someone please tell me why the fuck you have to buy your alcohol an hour an 15 minutes before you get on a plane???

Recently just got back from Singapore and was keen on spending my last dollars on some baileys but was told that you can only buy alcohol 75 minutes before your flight.

Probably depends on the carrier you're flying with or its just your classic case of wank singaporean law. To my surprise (Before flying with Aeroflot), all alcohol is currently banned on all Aeroflot flights. However after flying two Aeroflot flights with jampacked with Ruskies, I wasn't surprised why this ban is permanent. 

Just dealing with some registration issues of my own today. Player registered with us for past 3 years and signed on for this season, suspeneded for 1 more week (from 2012 season carried over).

State 2 team signs him up last night, didn't transfer him, just entered a new profile onto the system so his FFA # wouldn't show that he is still suspended. He told them he was suspended, yet they told him he wasn't and that he can play tomorrow. Cunts.

We had to contact FFV to de-register him and try to get re-imbursed the fees that we'd paid instead of a clearance being requested and outstanding fees paid to us. Same slimy, dirty cunts played 2 sudanese kids in U12's last year that looked 16 and scored the only goals in the game, no rego cards, no surnames, no FFA # on the teamsheets.....complaint lodged, nothing.

It's always been fucking corrupt.

When my brother was asked to trial for eastern last year for the vcl, he was the only kid that got in from his club and 90% of the players were from oakleigh cannons. Half were fuckings scrubs and thy could of easily been replaced by others from other clubs that trailed.

The eastern coach was from oakleigh cannons. Stergi asked if he could coach be aide this one was inexperienced and ffv told him that he could not coach because of biased decisions to get his own players into eastern. Fucking bullshit, he filed a complaint that the current coach was associated with the cannons but nothing was done. Season was average because of the oakleigh scrubs and an atrocious keeper. Fuck oakleigh. They also asked my brother to join their club roff

• 1 month later...

I had a look around on Fair work Australia earlier, but couldn't find a helpful answer, so I'll try you kents.

My wonderful workplace has decided to exchange our penalty rates for a higher base rate. I'm in hospitality, and the place I work at only gives out weekend shifts, so many people aren't too happy about this.

Is it legal to do this? My workplace has been following the rules to this day, so I don't really doubt the legality of the move, just curious as to whether there are certain clauses that need to be met before this can be done, for example, a certain amount of hours given during the week or something.

Not really willing to give up my saturdays for less money, it already sucks as is.

• 2 months later...

how much does it cost to pay a panel beater to replace a bumper?

a year 12 student from my old high school rammed into the back of me and he is offering $95 for the bumper (claims to have found an internet link to replaceable bumpers) and a "little bit more cash for my troubles".

I can just simply go to insurance since i have all of his deets (have a photo of his license card too :ph34r: )

told him ill get a quote from a panel beater so he can cover the costs there but says if the price is too ridiculous he'll refer to this link of $95 bumpers.

-> forgets that you need to pay someone to install it
-> service fees

So yeah, from anyone's past experiences or if some is a panel beater here, what is there average cost to replace a stock bumper from a 2002 Holden Berlina? Or around those type of cars

Edited by Young Polak

a year 12 student from my old high school rammed into the back of me and he is offering $95 for the bumper (claims to have found an internet link to replaceable bumpers) and a "little bit more cash for my troubles".

I can just simply go to insurance since i have all of his deets (have a photo of his license card too :ph34r: )

told him ill get a quote from a panel beater so he can cover the costs there but says if the price is too ridiculous he'll refer to this link of $95 bumpers.

-> service fees

So yeah, from anyone's past experiences or if some is a panel beater here, what is there average cost to replace a stock bumper from a 2002 Holden Berlina? Or around those type of cars

I am 99% sure mate it's not going to be $90 'plus cash benefits'. I recently reversed into a car bumper and literally caused no more than a scratch and it cost me 480 bucks to the bloke just to fix that little scratch. Your best bet would be to just get some quotes from a panel beater, and he doesn't get a choice regarding the price range mate, it's not about how much he's willing to pay, it's about how much your going to make him pay. Do you have third party or comprehensive insurance btw mate?

I'd imagine it'd be in the vicinity of $400-600 to get a replacement bumper, colour match, fit & polish. A lot will depend on which panel beater you go to, if they're looking for work they may quote low, but if they have a lot of work on they will likely give you a ridiculous quote to make it worth their while.

I've been quoted around $400 to have my rear bumper re-aligned, filled & re-sprayed.

Best bet is to ring a few panel shops and see if they can give you a quote.

• Like 1

-> service fees

I am 99% sure mate it's not going to be $90 'plus cash benefits'. I recently reversed into a car bumper and literally caused no more than a scratch and it cost me 480 bucks to the bloke just to fix that little scratch. Your best bet would be to just get some quotes from a panel beater, and he doesn't get a choice regarding the price range mate, it's not about how much he's willing to pay, it's about how much your going to make him pay. Do you have third party or comprehensive insurance btw mate?

full insurance.