Melbourne Football

Yarraside Knowledge Bank

AyeCee

Depending on how much of a prick your boss is, you might wanna wait til the pay goes into your account before you tell them.

Nah, if anything happens just tell these cunts http://www.fairwork.gov.au/ and they'll probably side with you even if you have no evidence or are talking complete BS :up:

Went through fairwork and ended up getting 10k from my old boss but had to go through a few months of forms, negotiations and investigations to get it. Not sure how easy it is to sort out a week's wages or if it would be worth the hassle though.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my credit cards have been suspended because of possible fraudulent transactions. I have to call the credit card company's fraud team tomorrow, but ive been told which transactions are dodgy and they're not. (A pair of shoes from a usa based site and a rego fee for a local running fundraiser)

Since they've dropped the ball this time (which has led to me being humiliated at the subway register) would it be wrong to expect some kind of compensation? And do credit card companies do that kind of thing?

One of my credit cards have been suspended because of possible fraudulent transactions. I have to call the credit card company's fraud team tomorrow, but ive been told which transactions are dodgy and they're not. (A pair of shoes from a usa based site and a rego fee for a local running fundraiser)

Since they've dropped the ball this time (which has led to me being humiliated at the subway register) would it be wrong to expect some kind of compensation? And do credit card companies do that kind of thing?

Compensation for what?

The inconvenience of missing payments for phone company and setanta sports some have a 1 strike policy when it comes to that. Also the embarrassment of looking like I cant afford a fucking footlong sub in front of a crowded subwayquote name="Tesla" post="209601" timestamp="1413283616"]

Compensation for what?

Doubt they'd give you anything, thought it never hurts to be annoying cunt and complain and try annoy them until they offer something, if you can be bothered (not saying you shouldn't, just I usually cbf, when really I should since it can be worthwhile at times).

There would be an ombudsman for the financial industry, you can try complain there too, those sort of things are usually effective but I don't really think you have much to go on in this case, so again I'm not sure if it's worth the effort.

From a legal standpoint, if you've been charged a late fee, maybe if you took the credit card company to court you could recover the $10 late fee, but that's obviously not feasible. Plus it's probably covered by the credit card terms and conditions.

PS who the hell has a 1 strike policy? Sure way to lose business/

Edited by Tesla

• 2 weeks later...

I use both Brut and Rexona antiperspirants but neither work. 

Interesting on the point of caffeine though, I didn't know that! I've notably been drinking heaps more coffee than usual recently so maybe that's a possible reason, it'll be hard to try and cut it out of my life though as I've become a little dependent on it.

Don't cut it out, but make a mental note as to when and if should you drink it.  So before meetings, or anything social - where you think you'll be effected, try not to indulge in its goodness. 

But also experiment and see if it happens with coffee - then try those energy drinks. Mother, V, Red Bull, etc. If it doesn't happen with the energy drinks, then at least you have a pick me up when you need it.

Edited by Deviant

As someone who has suffered the same problems for years I've found that it is hard to pin down to one factor.

There's time I do an oral presentation and am sweating bullets while other times I'm dry as fuck. I think anxiety may have a bit to do with it as the times I don't sweat are usually when I'm super relaxed or not over thinking anything.

Anxiety has no increased effect on me, I just sweat a fuckload in general and it's disgusting. 

I tried driclor once upon a time and whilst it sort of worked, it wasn't worth the pain it inflicted but hey, I might have to resort to it at this rate. When you get stranded on the register at work for 4 consecutive hours under air-con that hardly works, it gets in the way. 

Anxiety has no increased effect on me, I just sweat a fuckload in general and it's disgusting.

I tried driclor once upon a time and whilst it sort of worked, it wasn't worth the pain it inflicted but hey, I might have to resort to it at this rate. When you get stranded on the register at work for 4 consecutive hours under air-con that hardly works, it gets in the way.

are you overweight or in poor shape? Personally, my weight and fitness levels fluctuate ridiculously depending on if I can be fucked eating right and exercising or not. I've found that when I'm out of shape I sweat a lot regardless of what I'm doing or how hot it is, but when I'm fit I won't sweat a drop on a 40°C day.

are you overweight or in poor shape? Personally, my weight and fitness levels fluctuate ridiculously depending on if I can be fucked eating right and exercising or not. I've found that when I'm out of shape I sweat a lot regardless of what I'm doing or how hot it is, but when I'm fit I won't sweat a drop on a 40°C day.

Fat has a huge impact on how warm you feel, and so it would impact sweat substantially. I remember before one summer 5-6 years ago I lost like 15kg+, and never felt hot a single day that summer (including 40 degree days), I guess because I was used to being a lot warmer. Whereas I'm a fat cunt right now and already feeling it on these 29 degree days or w/e we've been having.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's the difference between duty of care and fiduciary duty?

I'm sitting in an equity class about fiduciary duty as we speak PM me on fb and I can help ya

for those playing at home,

fiduciary duty

it relates to someone holding a position of trust or power, and thereby must act in the complete interest of the person / group that they represent.

for example, client-lawyer privilege in legal terms is a form of fiduciary duty since any time a client (for example me or you) go to see a lawyer, any information we pass on can't be used against us or reveled by the lawyer since the lawyer must act in our best complete and total interest.

in financial terms, a person who operates / works in a super fund has a fiduciary duty to the individual(s) who own the super fund.  

that is to say any time the person running / operating the super fund must not release information without signed consent.  they also must not invest any money from the super fund into activities / investments where the operator gets a personal benefit (ie commission).

for example, if you pay a bloke called Bob to run your super fund, Bob can not use your funds to buy and sell shares in "company X" so that Bob can get a $2000 commission every time Bob purchases 10,000 shares.  Bob has a fiduciary duty to not personally gain.

duty of care

this is where a person has a general duty to ensure that no harm comes to you, either in person or your property.  think of all those cases you hear about when someone sues another individual because of a broken leg, a car crash, poisoned drink, etc, etc.

by general duty, we are looking at what is reasonable in terms of the actions we take affecting those around us.

in financial terms, you are looking at situations where someone engaged with an individual's financial position must act in a way that would not put the individual's financial position in risk due to reckless or careless actions.  

if we used the Bob example from before, Bob has a duty of care to his clients to ensure that all personal or financial detail for clients has appropriate security.  that is, Bob would need to ensure that all past financial records are stored in a secure location before being shredded after a number of years.  

if however Bob decides to take your financial records and dump them in a nearby dumpster without having them shredded, he has broken his duty of care.  that is, someone could very easily access them and (possibly) gain by using your details to steal your money, identity, etc.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

How would owning an investment property effect a person's eligibility for welfare payments?

If someone was studying full time, renting and only working casually to keep their head above water (pay for rent, transport, food, books etc) and are only different from the average student in that they have a good chunk of equity in a negatively geared property would they not be able to get things like rent assistance and the like?

Edited by Jimmy

How would owning an investment property effect a person's eligibility for welfare payments?

If someone was studying full time, renting and only working casually to keep their head above water (pay for rent, transport, food, books etc) and are only different from the average student in that they have a good chunk of equity in a negatively geared property would they not be able to get things like rent assistance and the like?

On the assumption you are talking about youth allowance (though most of the income and assets tests are similar for all welfare payments) I believe your payments would not be affected.

If the property is negatively geared it is running at a tax loss.  The income test uses net rental income and as this is a loss it should not effect the payment.

When calculating real property towards your assets it is reduced by the debt on the property. From looking on the centrelink site it appears that for non home owners (PPR) the assets test is $348,500. So I think you would comfortably fall under that.

I will concede that youth allowance payments are not a strong point of mine so I would strongly suggest actually talking to centrelink.

Another issue I would like to raise is that being on the very low income that is required to still get centrelink having a negatively geared property will not get you any tax benefit (or potentially only a very small tax benefit) so you would want to ensure that the capital growth of the property would offset this reduced benefit.

• Like 1

Looking for a room, does anyone need a housemate or know anyone with a spare room they want to rent out to a sick cunt??

Hi mate, I heard tomby is looking for a male housemate to join him in a roomsharing arrangement, chuck him a PM.

Take care of your stuff though, I heard his a problem gambler, he might sell your shit to bet on the Cranbourne greyhounds.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So knowledge bank, can you tell me if 5 months between appointing a left wing government and a country collapsing is a new record? There is an approximately 100% record of countries failing after installing a left wing government, but have any deteriorated as fast as Greece in 2015?

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

So knowledge bank, can you tell me if 5 months between appointing a left wing government and a country collapsing is a new record? There is an approximately 100% record of countries failing after installing a left wing government, but have any deteriorated as fast as Greece in 2015?

left wing government is a source of evil similar to Isis, less violent but more corrupt and lazy.

left wing government is a source of evil similar to Isis, less violent but more corrupt and lazy.

I just loved how they have been sending News Reporters to Oakleigh for the Australian perspective, of course there is not shortage of Old Blokes smoking outside the cafes prepared dying to give their opinion on things.

• Like 1

Cadetships, is it worth extending the length of a degree in order to participate in one? They seem like a good program, but it's a lot of commitment when compared to an internship.

If not, what other options are available for someone not ready for an internship, but still wanting to get experience whilst studying?

Cadetships, is it worth extending the length of a degree in order to participate in one? They seem like a good program, but it's a lot of commitment when compared to an internship.

If not, what other options are available for someone not ready for an internship, but still wanting to get experience whilst studying?

TBH knowing someone who can set you up with someone they know who will let you do Work Experience in the field you need it in... that's what I did so I had Political Work Experience on my Resume which helped me to get a job in that field.

Edited by cadete