Melbourne Football

Yarraside Knowledge Bank

AyeCee

Struggle to see any of the positives in that Tesla, you being sarcastic?

Being 100% serious. What happens if someone comes at you with a knife or a gun (doesnt matter if they are controlled, still quite easy to get them legally or illegally) now? If you had a gun, the tables are turned. Our strict gun laws just ensure that criminals are the ones with the guns instead of law abiding citizens .

Besides that, guns have legitimate purposes aside from self-defence and there is no justification for them to be controlled as they are, you're going to be controlling a lot of common every day items if you went after everything that has potential to be used as a lethal weapon.

For decades guns were common place and even young kids used them and there werent any significant any problems. Guns dont kill people, people kill people.

• Like 1

And fwiw most of the gun violence in the USA is due to the criminalization of drugs, if they made drugs legal to, it would be peaceful as fuck but then the majority of police, lawyers, judges, prison guards, etc. would be out of a job and the private prisons dont get their cheap labourers, etc., their economy basically relies on their being criminals and violence. We dont have that level of drug related violence in this country anyway for it to be a similar situation if guns were less strictly controlled.

As for some mentally disturbed person losing the plot and shooting up a public place, it is quite rare, given our much smaller population it would probably be like a once in a decade thing. Cars kill a lot more people than that, we should ban cars too.

• Like 1

On a similar note, if one were to install some sort of 'booby trap' in one's house, knowing trespasses will be breaking and entering, and this 'booby trap' was to cause significant bodily harm, what are the legal ramifications?

I'm thinking the law in this country wouldnt look to kindly upon it.

Pretty sure you'd be in a bit of trouble. I read a news article about a house burglar who injured himself with the home owner chased him out. Burglar was arrested but then sued the home owner for damages.

What I was thinking too. Strong retarded country. Again, need US style laws pls.

• Like 1

Pretty sure you'd be in a bit of trouble. I read a news article about a house burglar who injured himself with the home owner chased him out. Burglar was arrested but then sued the home owner for damages.

lol.

what about the person in the US who put their caravan/tourer thing on cruse control on the highway, then went out to back to make a coffee - and crashed, then sewed the car company for the unrealistic cruse control.

now i know its illegal for high school teachers to have sexual relations with their students but what about uni?

we are both of the legal age obviously, so is it still illegal to have sexual relations? not that it will stop me from trying if it is but just curious

Actually pretty sure it is legal for high school teachers if the student is over 18. Same for uni teachers (a uni student isnt necessarily over 18, eg I was 17 when I started uni). Though I doubt a high school teacher is keeping their job but a uni teacher maybe?

Edited by Tesla

then again you can argue that age is just a number and that maturity levels differ from individual to individual...

who's to say that the student does or does not genuinely know what they are doing?

and who's to also say that the teacher is or isn't mature enough to know what they are doing?

too many grey areas...

but if you don't get caught... then you don't have to worry...

http://digitaljournal.com/article/325761

Recent "incident" at my brother's football/soccer game. My dad is a bit of a passionate man (and enthusiastic) and every game he gets his air horn and he uses it in games to make some noise. it is not one of those usual air horns that are freaking loud but it's just generally loud but it doesn't hurt your ear drums or anything. One cunt got mad and started to tell him off yet my dad's like "fuck ya mate". this bloke furthered to protest that his air horn is not appropriate for the game. Field Marshall at the game didn't want to do anything because it seemed to him nothing was in the wrong doing. "Wasn't offended"

A member of the other club walked up to my dad and claimed he was an off duty police officer (constable) and warned my dad that he is making noise pollution and disturbing the residence.

My dad is all yeah whatever I'll stop.

Lights a ciggie but IN OPEN AIR, more than 3m away from any structures and sheltered areas and about 5m away from the pitch and he same cunt (of Mediterranean heritage with 2 other blokes) lost his shit and told off my dad he isn't aloud to smoke. But there are no signs at the reserve where it had a no smoking sign, but the fat cunt claimed it is in the rule book. My dad replied if he can bring the rule book and prove it that you are not allowed to smoke near a game, but the dickhead failed to do so.

4 questions.

-Is an off duty cop aloud to flash his badge? And was his argument reasonable? it sounded plain fucking shit to me

-Is my dad aloud to make noise with instruments that isn't at a level to produce pain to the eardrums or severely put off someone from the game? (hence, this air horn is softer than a vuvuzela, it's a shit air horn). PLUS the referee didn't make a fuss about it.

-Given there weren't any no smoking signs at the reserve and a cigarette was lit in open air (on the oval) and well and truly 5m + away from the base line of the pitch. Is this aloud?

My brother won by a large margin, guess he was just mad we were enjoying ourselves.

Edited by Young Polak

Actually pretty sure it is legal for high school teachers if the student is over 18. Same for uni teachers (a uni student isnt necessarily over 18, eg I was 17 when I started uni). Though I doubt a high school teacher is keeping their job but a uni teacher maybe?

Not true, teachers are considered guardians with legal responsibility of some sort which makes it illegal even if student is of consenting age. Same goes for foster parents, some certain types of social worker etc.

University lecturers have no legal responsibility for people in their class; so long as the student is of consenting age there is nothing illegal about it. Might be frowned upon internally however.

4 questions.

-Is an off duty cop aloud to flash his badge? And was his argument reasonable? it sounded plain fucking shit to me

-Is my dad aloud to make noise with instruments that isn't at a level to produce pain to the eardrums or severely put off someone from the game? (hence, this air horn is softer than a vuvuzela, it's a shit air horn). PLUS the referee didn't make a fuss about it.

-Given there weren't any no smoking signs at the reserve and a cigarette was lit in open air (on the oval) and well and truly 5m + away from the base line of the pitch. Is this aloud?

If memory serves, off duty police in Australia have no authority and can't do anything really. Did he actually have a badge? Sounds to me like he's full of shit, pretty flimsy argument about the noise.

If it states in the leagues handbook or rulebook whatever that a condition of attendance is that smoking isn't allowed at games then he probably was in the wrong. If not then he's fine.

Edited by Che

My old school had a written policy where if you had your phone confiscated

1 time: till the end class

2nd time: till Friday afternoon

3rd time: till the end of term. (happened to a couple of mates, so many roffs). One of them got suspended for taking it from the staff room box.

One time a teacher took my phone on a Wednesday when she didn't work Thursday/Friday and I ended up getting back the next week - all for using the calculator on it. #upperclasskidfirstworldproblems.

What it means is that it'll be different with every school. If it is a formal school rule, it'll be outlined and if you're that desperate to know talk to your assisant principal about it.

by the book, the club needs to have 3 officials at least for both seniors and reserves game. And all need to be wearing an officials vest that clearly states that he/she is an official. The ref can decide not to ref the game if there's less than 3 officials and still be paid.

My old school had a written policy where if you had your phone confiscated

1 time: till the end class

2nd time: till Friday afternoon

3rd time: till the end of term. (happened to a couple of mates, so many roffs). One of them got suspended for taking it from the staff room box.

One time a teacher took my phone on a Wednesday when she didn't work Thursday/Friday and I ended up getting back the next week - all for using the calculator on it. #upperclasskidfirstworldproblems.

What it means is that it'll be different with every school. If it is a formal school rule, it'll be outlined and if you're that desperate to know talk to your assisant principal about it.

cheers.

girl called hannah that went to your old school who is also in my math class told me about that 3 strike principle today, interesting.

fucking ridiculous as the teacher that confiscated my phone kept having physical digs at me etc.

fucking ridiculous as the teacher that confiscated my phone kept having physical digs at me
Just hit him. In year eleven one of the teachers accused my mate of smoking in the toilets and when my mate denied it the teacher got up in his face so my mate gave him one in the ribs and dropped the kent. Zero consequences. Also considering he actually was smoking in the toilets you should be fine.

Just hit him. In year eleven one of the teachers accused my mate of smoking in the toilets and when my mate denied it the teacher got up in his face so my mate gave him one in the ribs and dropped the kent. Zero consequences. Also considering he actually was smoking in the toilets you should be fine.

Seems legit. Good advice. Definitely do this.

• Like 4

How many times can a person get chickenpox? I had chickenpox when I was younger but they seemed to have returned twice now, two months apart. I am starting to get concerned because I have had them this time for two weeks. From what I have read, they are only supposed to last at the most 7 days.

The good news is that the infection did not spread across my body. I guess since I had them when I was a kid I am only slightly open to the infection. I only seem to get the sores below the waste. Between my hips and my knees.