Melbourne Football

Yarraside Knowledge Bank

AyeCee

Ask those questions that you don't quite know who to ask, and fellow members will answer. Use coveted 'likes' as rewards.

Time to educate yourselves.

I'll start off. Any lawfags/badboys pay attention:

If I was walking down a street, punched some guy, and a cop saw me, do I get arrested even if the victim doesn't press charges?

• Like 2

If I was walking down a street, punched some guy, and a cop saw me, do I get arrested even if the victim doesn't press charges?

It depends on the responding officers. This is a difficult question because not all facts are clearly tangible and there would be numerous mitigating factors.

Short: If the victim did not want to press charges but the officer witnessed the assault there is some grey area. You could be charged differently depending on different factors or perhaps not at all.

Are you alone? Are you drunk? Are there numerous people around? How badly injured is the victim? Was it pre-meditated? Do you know the victim? Was there a verbal exchange before the assault? Do you cooperate with the police? How old is the victim? How old are you? etc etc etc

What Im getting at is that this question, although seems simple, is very complex.

• Like 1

If you are with a girl who is currently 20. And for your birthday, she gives you a video of her masturbating (from a few years back, when she was 15). Is that legal? Asking for a friend.

The footage is of a minor commiting a sex act.

I am 99% sure that it's illegal.

It depends on the responding officers. This is a difficult question because not all facts are clearly tangible and there would be numerous mitigating factors.

Short: If the victim did not want to press charges but the officer witnessed the assault there is some grey area. You could be charged differently depending on different factors or perhaps not at all.

Are you alone? Are you drunk? Are there numerous people around? How badly injured is the victim? Was it pre-meditated? Do you know the victim? Was there a verbal exchange before the assault? Do you cooperate with the police? How old is the victim? How old are you? etc etc etc

What Im getting at is that this question, although seems simple, is very complex.

Cool, I figured it was something complex like this and completely situational. I asked as I was wondering if professional athletes could be charged for assault when they deck another player.

we look this shit up at school. its also illegal for the chick and she can get into a fair bit of trouble. schools have been known to call the police.

i have a question of my own:

if i get punched while walking down the street, with no motives, and i punch him back and walk off, am i in trouble?

what if i get hit and the offender runs off, and i see him later on (next day/week) can i smash him? :lol:

we look this shit up at school. its also illegal for the chick and she can get into a fair bit of trouble. schools have been known to call the police.

i have a question of my own:

if i get punched while walking down the street, with no motives, and i punch him back and walk off, am i in trouble?

what if i get hit and the offender runs off, and i see him later on (next day/week) can i smash him? :lol:

firstly if you get punched and you punch him back you won't get in trouble as long as it is equal to or lesser force. not too sure about walking away have to ask some one like BH

as for seeing him next week if you hit him it would be seen as revenge and you would be committing a crime. same as if he hit you and ran then you chased him down and hit him as the need for self defence is no longer

• Like 1

This country is pretty shit on self defence, so first want might actually be illegal. Second one is 100% illegal.

EDIOT: malloy is a gay kunt that beat me.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

What about if I saw this happening. Some dude comes up and just starts laying into someone for no reason, so I come in with a flying knee to protect the victim? Legal or illegal?

In that example, yes it is Legal.

You acted in necessity - causing harm in order to prevent it.

But once again it all depends on the factors involved. This is what makes defining shit like this difficult.

Question:

1. Would the following be defined as 'incest' and is it illegal or just morally (those generally held by Aus public) wrong?

An individuals grandmother was incapable of having boys. After giving birth to 5 girls she decided to adopt 2 boys. Boy A is the individuals father, and Boy B is his uncle. Boy B's daughter - which is the cousin of the concerned individual, is the same age and they become intimately involved.

Is it:

- Illega and/or IIncest?

- Not illegal, just morally wrong?

Edited by marteaux

1. Would the following be defined as 'incest' and is it illegal or just morally (those generally held by Aus public) wrong?

An individuals grandmother was incapable of having boys. After giving birth to 5 girls she decided to adopt 2 boys. Boy A is the individuals father, and Boy B is his uncle. Boy B's daughter - which is the cousin of the concerned individual, is the same age and they become intimately involved.

Wtf. Can somebody decipher this for me?

• Like 1

In that example, yes it is Legal.

You acted in necessity - causing harm in order to prevent it.

But once again it all depends on the factors involved. This is what makes defining shit like this difficult.

Question:

Is it:

- Illega and/or IIncest?

- Not illegal, just morally wrong?

Alright, don't know why you threw the grandma in there, two adopted boys would have been fine. If I've made sense of the relationships correctly, it would depend on whether the two adopted boys were related prior to adoption.

I feel this would be frowned upon in society.

Australian law

The Australian law on consanguinity allows marriage between cousins, an uncle and niece, or an aunt and nephew. Unions that are illegal in Australia include those between closely related family members such as siblings, half-siblings, or grandparents and grandchildren. This law also includes adoptees, despite the fact they don’t have blood relations within their adopted families.

sexual intercourse between persons too closely related to marry (as between a parent and a child) is illegal and falls under criminal code.

Essentially, it is neither incest or illegal. If they were non-blood siblings though it would be.

Edited by Braveheart

Another law relatedish one:

If I was to leave the country after obtaining my degree, and never pay back my HECS, would they send people over to arrest me, or do I just have to make sure I never return to Australia?

LOL. I have researched this before (come at me government). From what I remember, you cant really avoid it and should pay it or you gon get raped by the government. Cant answer your question specifically.

LOL. I have researched this before (come at me government). From what I remember, you cant really avoid it and should pay it or you gon get raped by the government. Cant answer your question specifically.

Yeah I've looked into it aswell, but couldn't find much. Surely if I get the fuck outta here, they won't spend thousands chasing me down?

What about if I saw this happening. Some dude comes up and just starts laying into someone for no reason, so I come in with a flying knee to protect the victim? Legal or illegal?

essentially it would be clased as "self" defence, as long as you used equal to or less force of the attacker. interestingly and on a side note police officers are allowed to use "self" defence of property

Good thing my friends phone broke and he lost the birthday surprise. He will never look at an impulse can the same way again.

This isn't the famous "IMPULSE" video that done the rounds about 5 years ago when camera phones became popular? I remember every man and his dog had that video on their phone back then. There'd be a shitload of old nokia's lying around with it on the memory in the phone recycling boxes at Harvey Norman

Another law relatedish one:

If I was to leave the country after obtaining my degree, and never pay back my HECS, would they send people over to arrest me, or do I just have to make sure I never return to Australia?

well you aren't required to pay your hecs until you earn at least ~$35k and paying tax on that $35 in Australia. But i believe hecs is a debt that doesn't die with you, it gets transferred to your next of kin, anybody feel free to correct me.