Melbourne Football

Grass Roots - Do you play?

forbze

Dead ball is a phenomenon in many ball sports in which the ball is deemed temporarily not playable, and no movement may be made with it or the players from their respective positions of significance. Depending on the sport, this event may be quite routine, and often occurs between individual plays of the game.

sauce: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_ball

Back to my point then.. there is no such term as a knuckleball... and yes a dead ball in football is only ever really used to refer to a free kick.

Knuckleball is a flat free kick, where you hit the knuckle of the ball.

Only really been made a word that people used since the Jabulani, as apparently Adidas tried to decrease the knuckle of the ball, and that was why it went all over the place, and then people like Honda realised how to hit them properly...

Edited by Ellki

The footage from that game should be viewable on http://footballchaos.com/ at some stage today. Was a cracker of a game from what I've heard. Congratulations to Eastern Lions on their promotion, they're gonna have fun with all the travel next season. I think that may have killed Pegasus if they'd been promoted.

on another note, if Eastern Lions' seniors win or draw this weekend, we go into state league 1! :lol:

• Like 1

Knuckleball is a flat free kick, where you hit the knuckle of the ball.

Only really been made a word that people used since the Jabulani, as apparently Adidas tried to decrease the knuckle of the ball, and that was why it went all over the place, and then people like Honda realised how to hit them properly...

where exactly is the 'knuckle' of the ball?

am i hitting it wrong if like the ball kinda like moves side to side in the air, but there is no spin whatsoever on it?

The footage from that game should be viewable on http://footballchaos.com/ at some stage today. Was a cracker of a game from what I've heard. Congratulations to Eastern Lions on their promotion, they're gonna have fun with all the travel next season. I think that may have killed Pegasus if they'd been promoted.

first time into State League 1 since 1978!

whats just as good is that our reserves turn into U21's, which makes the transition into seniors a lot easier.

was a cracker of a game. ill admit that easily the goal of the game was Morwell's second. crazy good. didnt think that at the time though.

whats just as good is that our reserves turn into U21's, which makes the transition into seniors a lot easier.

was a cracker of a game. ill admit that easily the goal of the game was Morwell's second. crazy good. didnt think that at the time though.

Jason Rand scored the 2nd goal, has a cracker of a hit on him, watched him hit a similar one against Noble Park at Morwell earlier in the season.

• 3 months later...

Jason Rand scored the 2nd goal, has a cracker of a hit on him, watched him hit a similar one against Noble Park at Morwell earlier in the season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUYvF1LbF5o&feature=player_embedded

Hahaha i play indoor with the reff!!!

lol. i dont know what to do. there are pros and cons for both TBH.

if i go over there I'm training 6 days a week but if my grades are not up then they dont let you play.

you have to do every fucking chore under the sun and you are basically taking care of yourself.

its 5k for them just to put me on their website. and i could end up in some shit city.

and the ten or so people that have gone over have either come back inside 3 months, stayed there and enjoyed it, and i know one person that is still there and now has a wife and 2 kids.

and how do i know that in a few years ill still be as into playing it as i am now? i mean, its very unlikely but it has happened to people.

but as my coach told me - when I'm 40 and sitting at home while my wife is giving me the shits ill be saying 'Why didnt i go?'

They did the trial in my area, pretty much everyone that turned up got offered a scholarship. Personally I think it's a bit of a scam, mainly to get a lot of cash up front with a lot of guys not getting the grades to qualify for the scholarship. May as well spend your coin with Geneva Soccer School or something similar and tour Europe and enjoy it for what it is.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Bump.

Currently 2nd last on the ladder with the most goals for in the league lol (y). Copped 45 in 11.

Nice.

That's VicSoccer league yeah? What's the quality like? We have a team in our league that played vicsoccer (top division I think) last season and they're bottom so I thought you'd be doing a bit better.

Bump.

Currently 2nd last on the ladder with the most goals for in the league lol (y). Copped 45 in 11.

Nice.

That's VicSoccer league yeah? What's the quality like? We have a team in our league that played vicsoccer (top division I think) last season and they're bottom so I thought you'd be doing a bit better.

Quality is pretty average, most of our team has left so we are basically a mix of Seniors/Ressies/New Blokes. Only played with 9 men on the weekend lulz. They really should have put us in the second division tbh.

Despite that we have led against every top 4 team and have the most goals in a game this season (14). Both losses against the top team involved coming from behind then losing it late.

Bump.

Nice.

Quality is pretty average, most of our team has left so we are basically a mix of Seniors/Ressies/New Blokes. Only played with 9 men on the weekend lulz. They really should have put us in the second division tbh.

Despite that we have led against every top 4 team and have the most goals in a game this season (14). Both losses against the top team involved coming from behind then losing it late.

Recent years that division has become Prva Hnl. Vukovar has won it for the last 10 years missing out once I think.