Melbourne Football

Grass Roots - Do you play?

forbze

Well,

Had a promising career playing for universidad de melbourne, but I've chosen to retire for the past two years. Infamous for his short temperament, diving and cheating, I'd like to say I still hold one of most lethal lethal left foots in Victoria, a come back to part-time football is on the cards. If it wasn't for my ''Cassanita'' mentality, I would be playing in the Thai Premier League by now. I also hold international experience, having played for two clubs overseas already, hence my superb technical play.

Also won the golden boot three years consecutively in one of the top novocastrian youth leagues in my younger years.

Played my first season of football last season, When round 1 came of was ready to play on the field but our keeper just left the club to play AFL so the coach comes up to me and says "you played footy yeah" yep I was keeper and out it came I enjoyed keeper more than the practice matches that was out field player so I ended up being keeper for the rest of season and luckily we won the championship and if it wasn't for the defenders I wouldn't of got the most clean sheets in the league. probably going to play this season as well but for a different. Greens was not well run.

Well,

Had a promising career playing for universidad de melbourne, but I've chosen to retire for the past two years. Infamous for his short temperament, diving and cheating, I'd like to say I still hold one of most lethal lethal left foots in Victoria, a come back to part-time football is on the cards. If it wasn't for my ''Cassanita'' mentality, I would be playing in the Thai Premier League by now. I also hold international experience, having played for two clubs overseas already, hence my superb technical play.

Also won the golden boot three years consecutively in one of the top novocastrian youth leagues in my younger years.

Beautiful left foot on you Hendo, loved your demonstration yesterday. Robin van Persie quality.

Prov 3 SE, but due to uni being a bitch may not make enough training sessions to play seniors. Currently one of the fittest at the club, got 10.6 in the Yo-Yo intermittant test in the first pre-season session. I'm going to try to be that guy who doesn't have skills anywhere near as good as the rest of the team, but is so fit that they can't keep me out of the squad. So... Jason Hoffman.

In b4 Hammer kills me.

Macadamia/Pistachio/Sunflower seed Nut Seller at State League One Level.

But hoping to have a few games at VPL level this year if I am fit enough...

Saddest moment at football.. Probably seeing a ball come flying over the fence, and straight into the trolley. Knocked all the nuts out :(

Started playing with Deakin Dragons last year in the Warrnambool and District Soccer League. Doesn't get much more grass-roots than us!

We're actually looking at recruiting some new players this year, so if you know anyone who's studying at Warrnambool this year and wants to play, contact us on twitter @DeakinDragonsSC or on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deakin-Dragons-Soccer-Club/177058642336417?ref=ts

• 2 weeks later...

NW Provy 3 FTW.

Who do you play for mate?

Might have played you last year.

I'm in my third year of senior football with Essendon Royals. Smashed my cheekbone in the first year which kept me out for most of the season, and I've never really recovered my fitness since. Missed most of pre-season last year as I was travelling, but played the season out in the reserves, but feeling much better heading into this season. Not sure if I'm good enough for seniors (we've got a young team but a few of them are quite talented), but as long as I'm getting 90 I'm not that fussed.

Played my junior football for 2 years a Keilor Park (U10s, U11s), 2 years at Brimbank (U12s, U13s) 1 at Royals (U14s) before heading back to Brimbank for my final year (U15s), picking up three flags. Stopped for school after that but took up cross country and was still playing for school on the weekends.

Who do you play for mate?

Might have played you last year.

I'm in my third year of senior football with Essendon Royals. Smashed my cheekbone in the first year which kept me out for most of the season, and I've never really recovered my fitness since. Missed most of pre-season last year as I was travelling, but played the season out in the reserves, but feeling much better heading into this season. Not sure if I'm good enough for seniors (we've got a young team but a few of them are quite talented), but as long as I'm getting 90 I'm not that fussed.

Played my junior football for 2 years a Keilor Park (U10s, U11s), 2 years at Brimbank (U12s, U13s) 1 at Royals (U14s) before heading back to Brimbank for my final year (U15s), picking up three flags. Stopped for school after that but took up cross country and was still playing for school on the weekends.

Was at Meadow Park Ressies last year, but didn't play either of the Royals games so would have missed ya. Was thinking of playing for Royals this year but then realised the teams pretty young & quick which doesn't really suit my style (And I doubt I would get a game with the politics at Essendon)

Back @ Melbourne Tornado this year who just got relegated. Should be interesting to see how Seniors go, Il'l be in the ressies who came 6th in Provy 2 last year which is comforting considering the hacks I've had to play with before.

What happened to Meadow Park? They beat our seniors 3-2 in the 3rd round last year, but I think we smashed them in the second half.

Essendon's a different club to what it was back in it's VPL days. No room for politics, they just want results haha.

Personal highlights?

Scored what was inevitably the winner against Phillipe Troussier (Ex Japan, Marseille manager) trained French International school team in a tournament in Japan. Funnily enough, I was employed as a centre back.

Canna v2

2-1, miracle win.

What happened to Meadow Park? They beat our seniors 3-2 in the 3rd round last year, but I think we smashed them in the second half.

Essendon's a different club to what it was back in it's VPL days. No room for politics, they just want results haha.

Funnily enough a good mate of mine who coaches juniors @ Royals is being asked to play this season, doesn't have to train & has a spot waiting for him in the Ressies every week.

Pure politics.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw Nicotera's signature. Let this be a warning that bans will be incoming for any more attacks against my people.

*Seed & Nut Crew*

Yarraside Illuminati.

loving your work son, keep it up, thank you very much.

still dont know what braveheart and micha are on about though, ffs.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...