Melbourne Football

Grass Roots - Do you play?

forbze

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, japiedog said:

Still play !

at my age you've got to be joking

I resign my self to watching the mighty Lyndale United on a cold and blustery Saturday afternoon, with the dog in tow

In my over 35s all are over 40 mainly mid 40s and we've got 3 or over 50. Lost on the weekend and now second with a 9w 1d 3l. Playing top team next week but numbers are low.

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

In my over 35s all are over 40 mainly mid 40s and we've got 3 or over 50. Lost on the weekend and now second with a 9w 1d 3l. Playing top team next week but numbers are low.

How strict is that over 35's? If you're low on numbers can you get somebody in from your regular team?

7 hours ago, Begbie said:

How strict is that over 35's? If you're low on numbers can you get somebody in from your regular team?

Yes you can have up to 4 under 35 play. One paticular team makes sure they they play 4 20 year olds just so they can win games (complete tossers)

4 hours ago, cadete said:

Further Question: Does the Over 35's Squad hit the "Over 28 nights" circuit in the Outer East after a Big Win?

Spot on "Venue 28"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

Unfortunately sidelined at the moment due to a broken rib I picked up playing a couple of weeks back. It's come at a good time as this is usually the point of the season where our team goes to shite and I cbf rocking up to training in the pissing rain and mud.

Some much this.

We have around 40 registered players and train once a week but we rarely get more than 10 blokes to training at this time of year.

21 hours ago, strider said:

I'm a CB, I just collect people mostly. 2 red cards last season, bit better this season

Im keeper and im due for one. On a number of yellows already this year lmao. 

EDIT: should've got sent off last week after I decked some kid when he knocked the ball out of my hands. Get rekt n00b fgt. We won 6-3 away, started singing "how shit much u be we're winning away" to

their striker who subbed himself off after the 6th went in lmao

Edited by Baka1
Was hektik
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Went away to Geelong on Saturday night, played in a gale. Probably best team performance of the season so far for us, 1-0 win. Now sitting 3 points off top with 5 games remaining (still to play the top team). As a club we're not ready for promotion (only came up this year) so kind of hoping we finish just outside the promotion places. 

Our club is imploding. After both teams going on unbeaten runs have both trams lost heaps in recent weeks. Injuries and soft cocks going overseas. 

My team lost to the bottom yesterday their first win for the season. We sit 1 point clear in second with 2 games left next week we play third. 

• 3 weeks later...

Clinched a late 3-2 win away today at First. We were behind twice in the game and scored a banger with 10 to go. I ran straight past the oppo bench (I'm keeper) and screamed cop that and gave them a nice gesture too. Post game oppo coach nearly starts a Punchon with me on the pitch after calling me a smartass cunt. Everyone was losing their minds. Great scenes. How was your results?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2017 at 6:36 PM, GreenSeater said:

Won our cup semi-final on penalties today, into the final next week!

Up the Croyden boys!

Vic Park into the BDSA Div 2 GF tomorrow at Morshead Park after a 9-8 win on pens. Do have a cousin in the U16 girls though ahah

Edited by bt50

6 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Up the Croyden boys!

Vic Park into the BDSA Div 2 GF tomorrow at Morshead Park after a 9-8 win on pens. Do have a cousin in the U16 girls though ahah

Best of luck tomorrow mate! Hope you lads pick up the silverware! And there you go guess @Embee was right and you will be there after all

Drew 0-0 and then lost on fucken penalties. We had our backs to the wall all game and they probably should have beaten us in normal time as we were pretty much just last gasp defending all day. The shootout went on forever and everyone but our keeper ended up taking one. Just not our day. How'd you go @bt50?

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Tangerine said:

Anyone looking for a club next year (mens or womens) try North Melbourne Athletic FC. Open trials on 12 & 14 December. FFV State League 4 and Sunday teams - find us on fb or message me. 

Rival clubs poaching successful was it?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Rival clubs poaching successful was it?

Haha! Not so far to my knowledge. More a case of people heading back home / overseas.

Just trying to do my part to continue building the club. We've a good inclusive culture and a range of abilities but we're always looking for new players.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tangerine said:

Anyone looking for a club next year (mens or womens) try North Melbourne Athletic FC. Open trials on 12 & 14 December. FFV State League 4 and Sunday teams - find us on fb or message me. 

Haha North Melbourne Athletic are my local, I pop down most home games to have a watch. That striker (Pedro?) is proper good, could definitely be playing a few leagues above IMO.

• Like 1

Hey guys me and my mates are looking for a club. 

I am a defender (CB, LB, CDM) and my 2 mates are forwards. 

I've played as high as state 2 level years ago, recently state 3 and 4. Mate used to play NPL. 

Prefer anywhere in the north. we are currently training with a state 2 team but I dont like the politics there (they are all Puta south americans)