Melbourne Football

Chelsea Fc

malloy

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunate tbh, another day we would've held the lead & been awarded a penalty, still puzzled why we sold Meireles after the English deadline was up, we've only got 2 players in our squad who are STILL at the club who've played CM/DM this year, Robbie's got to trust someone like Ramires to play there because he had another shocker out wide last night.

Disappointed with what I've read about Torres. a fortnight ago everyone was praising, he was decent last night whilst isolated against 3 VERY GOOD CBs, Cech has to learn he isn't Drogba and stop hoofing it long he's not going to win them all especially like Juve's back 3.

We move on, a win against Stoke and people shut up.

• Like 1

A relieving win, thought we were narrow in the first half & Moses added a lot to the game, opened it up - lot harder to attack then defend especially when Stoke are an awful side who have 10 behind it.

Thought we showed good character like the Reading game to grind it out & get the points, agreed Torres was invisible today, would like to see Bamford start midweek vs. Wolves aswell as Piazon.

Mikel & Ramires extremely solid, this obviously proves Ramires' best position is central.

Definitely things to work on but I'm content with that, would rather be playing decent & getting points than not getting points & coming good later, don't want another December/January 10/11 slump.

I'm absolutely gutted. I love JT. Possibly, I love him more because he's been so victimised, but probably it's because he's the most important player to wear the Chelsea shirt. He's been the best. The best defender, the best captain, the best example. I have never seen him berate a teammate, only support them. I have seen him put his body on the line time and time again. I have seen him take abuse, at Tottenham, Old Trafford, West Ham and QPR. Everywhere he goes basically. I want commitment from my Chelsea players. JT has given total commitment, no matter the circumstances, no mater the turmoil, no matter the manager. He cannot play any other way. He is brave, he is courageous and he is great. New players arrive, on big wages, with big reputations. When they see JT perform they understand what is required at this club. This is the guy that lets them know what they have to do. You have to have pride in the shirt. He will be a big loss to England but I obviously really don't care, his boots will be the most difficult to fill at Chelsea, when he calls it a day, because of his character.

I'm sure he knows he's going to lose this hearing and he's jumped before he gets pushed. No doubt there will be intense pressure from the media for Chelsea to sack him when he's found guilty.

Anton baited him. He reacted. I suspect he is guilty yet I feel terribly sorry for him. He didn't direct the words at Anton, he directed them at the night sky, in frustration, out of earshot of everybody. I don't think he's a racist, I don't think he's a bad person. I think his character is essentially good. Like a lot of young folk, he has made mistakes, but they have been blown out of all proportion. He does not deserve the stick he gets and it is important the club stands by him. Absolutely. Unequivocally. He has given this club so much. I feel desperately sad for him, this will hurt him. Quitting is not in his nature. This will hurt him.

Chris Foy. Anton, Rio. QPR. The Daily Mail. You've had your pound of flesh. Well done. I hope you feel proud. I'm just so sorry he fucked it all up at Loftus Road. This will delight them no end.

I suggest we all avoid the papers tomorrow. JT will be accused of jumping before he is pushed, of trying to influence the FA hearing, of trying to garner sympathy, of letting his country down blah blah blah. As far as I'm concerned, JT has never let Chelsea down, not even in the Nou Camp, for he is the player who has sacrificed the most for the cause and contributed the most to it too. He takes a lot of hate, but I'm a Chelsea fan, and though I readily admit he is flawed, I am ever so glad he plays for my club, and I hope next time he plays we show him the love, because if anyone deserves it JT does.

A sad day for me, for us, but there you go. It's never plain sailing supporting Chelsea. That's just the kind of club we support.

Whenever anyone asks me who's my favorite player, I don't have to think twice. What a fucking silly question.

Do the math, I'm a Chelsea fan.

Edited by DutchPride
  • Like 1

I'm absolutely gutted. I love JT. Possibly, I love him more because he's been so victimised, but probably it's because he's the most important player to wear the Chelsea shirt. He's been the best. The best defender, the best captain, the best example. I have never seen him berate a teammate, only support them. I have seen him put his body on the line time and time again. I have seen him take abuse, at Tottenham, Old Trafford, West Ham and QPR. Everywhere he goes basically. I want commitment from my Chelsea players. JT has given total commitment, no matter the circumstances, no mater the turmoil, no matter the manager. He cannot play any other way. He is brave, he is courageous and he is great. New players arrive, on big wages, with big reputations. When they see JT perform they understand what is required at this club. This is the guy that lets them know what they have to do. You have to have pride in the shirt. He will be a big loss to England but I obviously really don't care His boots will be the most difficult to fill at Chelsea, when he calls it a day, because of his character.

I'm sure he knows he's going to lose this hearing and he's jumped before he gets pushed. No doubt there will be intense pressure from the media for Chelsea to sack him when he's found guilty.

Anton baited him. He reacted. I suspect he is guilty yet I feel terribly sorry for him. He didn't direct the words at Anton, he directed them at the night sky, in frustration, out of earshot of everybody. I don't think he's a racist, I don't think he's a bad person. I think his character is essentially good. Like a lot of young folk, he has made mistakes, but they have been blown out of all proportion. He does not deserve the stick he gets and it is important the club stands by him. Absolutely. Unequivocally. He has given this club so much. I feel desperately sad for him, this will hurt him. Quitting is not in his nature. This will hurt him.

Chris Foy. Anton, Rio. QPR. The Daily Mail. You've had your pound of flesh. Well done. I hope you feel proud. I'm just so sorry he fucked it all up at Loftus Road. This will delight them no end.

I suggest we all avoid the papers tomorrow. JT will be accused of jumping before he is pushed, of trying to influence the FA hearing, of trying to garner sympathy, of letting his country down blah blah blah. As far as I'm concerned, JT has never let Chelsea down, not even in the Nou Camp, for he is the player who has sacrificed the most for the cause and contributed the most to it too. He takes a lot of hate, but I'm a Chelsea fan, and though I readily admit he is flawed, I am ever so glad he plays for my club, and I hope next time he plays we show him the love, because if anyone deserves it JT does.

A sad day for me, for us, but there you go. It's never plain sailing supporting Chelsea. That's just the kind of club we support.

Whenever anyone asks me who's my favorite player, I don't have to think twice. What a fucking silly question.

Do the match, I'm a Chelsea fan.

Strong Essay by the Flying Dutchman FTW!

And I dare say IF JT came up big for England had they gone further in the Euro's, it would be no different today regardless if he was England's hero, it's a Chelsea thing - Rio doesn't get booed, Evra doesn't, Suarez doesn't (anymore), and these are all things that have happened in the past year.

Good luck England, you're going to need it ESPECIALLY if Ash follows suit, Chelsea is by far the most important link to the England national team and has been for years, you may be able to lose Terry because you've got Cahill to come straight in, but my god you cannot afford to lose Ash.

Solid win albeit in the League Cup, glad to see Romeu, Azpilicueta, Bertrand (at LB), Piazon & Marin get some minutes. Fantastic goal by Juan Mata, easily MotM, attitude was brilliant for the league cup, strong headers by Torres & Moses, and a nicely taken strike by Bertrand, well done to Romeu getting a goal on his birthday too.

Get up you fucking prima donna, more mouse than man.

Cesc_Fabregas_and_F_457297a.jpg

Sliced down in the Nou Camp, boom.

article-2135183-12C05CDD000005DC-230_468x329.jpg

'If I hold on long enough, maybe some of his greatness will rub off on me'

cesc-fabregas-lampard-2012-4-24-17-20-52.jpg

Go on Frank, you know you want to....

890455667-24042012212614.jpg

Looks like 3 people are trying to stop Frank from battering the weasel haha

article-0-066A7D150000044D-54_468x298.jpg

This is the best picture though, look at the fear in his eyes, even the ref is hiding behind him.

Cesc+Fabregas+FC+Barcelona+v+Chelsea+FC+UEFA+m_hACBDvHoFl.jpg

Death by celery

0,,10268~5749356,00.jpg

• Like 1

Why FA’s Uncertainty Needs Questioning

"Certainty. It is the one missing factor, the lack of it being the one massive flaw in FA findings in the John Terry case and it should have told every right-thinking person on that deliberating panel to accept the earlier findings of a court of law and acquit. Sadly, there has been little right-thinking going on at the FA for some considerable time now and this Commission was never about to be an exception to their speculative rule. Certainties are thin on the ground down at Soho Square, just as they are at any organisation’s headquarters where the need to rely on them, when making judgements, is totally unnecessary due to inherent, unswerving belief in a balance of probability theory that allows you to do exactly as you please without fear of retribution.

However, when the ignoring of certainty in this way can possibly be challenged it should be and this is the primary reason why the club, on behalf of three employees now impugned by the FA, have to take this matter further. In fact, certainties abound in this case and almost all of them need to be put to an FA representative in the form of questioning at Appeal, or, if this is not acceptable, as the FA are not deemed to be in the dock, then the Court of Arbitration for Sport has to be called upon to put them there. Indeed, we can say the following with every degree of certainty:-

1. Only one person has been [unequivocally] shown to have lied in this case - Anton Ferdinand, who originally claimed he did not abuse JT in any way and then rescinded when video evidence proved otherwise. The FA chose not to use this retraction, this inconvenient truth, to cast doubt on Ferdinand’s later evidence (he lied once etc) preferring to ignore the certainty and instead take a balance of probability view to extreme (JT’s foul on Sanchez) effectively calling him a liar and his evidence untrustworthy, even though he, as Ferdinand had done in the actuality, admitted his mistake. One law for one and not the other, albeit that the use of the word ’law’ is seemingly inappropriate where the FA is concerned.

2. The FA taped all their interviews, it is a standard procedure apparently, but unaccountably mislaid their tape recorder when they interviewed Ashley, necessitating a couple of their employees to take notes after the interview and cobble together a statement which he was then requested to sign. He declined, asking to change parts of it, and was supported in his actions by David Barnard, who later confirmed what was said in the interview. The certainty here is FA incompetence, which was at a level that would have seen every last shred of this evidence thrown out of a court of law, yet later on in this safe, surreal sanctum known as Probability World, it forms the basis of the ‘fresh findings’ used to ensnare Barnard and blacken his character along with that of our fullback.

3. Again relating to these written notes, the FA originally failed to submit them to the police in the criminal case because they had been [supposedly] mislaid. How convenient, then, that they should be subsequently found and made available for the hearing (I suppose, on the balance of probabilities, they were always likely to materialise) just in time to be hailed as ’new evidence’ critical to the case against JT. Here the certainty has to be FA contrivance at its worst and heaven knows what a court of law and its need for probity would have made of their eventual Machiavellian musings!

4. In their report the FA Commission made great play of the fact that the magistrate cast doubt on JT’s version of events in his closing statement - an uncertainty, you might say, that provided the bare bones upon which they have decorously hung the discredited king’s ’new’ condemnatory clothes. Except you can, if you look hard enough, see right through them, so flimsy was the magistrate’s corollary to an eventual acquittal. Try as they might, the FA cannot ignore the much more categoric and praiseworthy certainty in the magistrate’s summation - he described JT as ’a credible witness’. He wasn’t credible in parts. He wasn’t credible, probably. He was CREDIBLE. So how did the FA get around that little credibility issue? Well, if you take the time to read the report, as I’ve done, you will see the opening gambit to their written demolition job on JT, which reads as follows…

“Leaving aside the description of Terry as a credible witness…”

Yep, that is the sort of thing you can do at the FA when the fancy takes you or the Kick It Out campaigners kick up a stink - set aside those certainties and anything that might contradict the verdict you want to reach, just concentrate on the probabilities and that way you’ll have a good case, an unanswerable case, a concocted case that brooks no argument and doesn’t have to listen to any. Then again, maybe this case might be forced to listen to reason eventually and the Court of Arbitration for Sport might just be its final resting place. I do hope so.

From theshedend.

http://www.theshedend.com/topic/21747-why-fa%E2%80%99s-uncertainty-needs-questioning/

Great read.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...