Melbourne Football

The 'what are you listening to right now?' thread

marteaux

had the pleasure of seeing my favourite dj of all time a few weekends back at a festival out in the bush (and also at sideshow at revs). Loved this guy from the instant moment I got into techno and love him just as much today. One of the most genuine people going, took 15 minutes out to chat to me and a few mates after his show at revs, a few month after sending us a signed record and album for my mate who loves him more than I do. He edges out every other dj I like purely because he hasn't released a bad track - they are all gems. He closed his set in the bush with the song above as the sun went down and it was a pre special moment.

Mark Henning's second release on his new label 'Swing'

Both absolute club destroyin tech house weapons. 'Soul Catcher' and more so 'Yellow' up there with some of his best work. He is the Gary Ablett or Leo Messi of techno. Using the same machines, no one else can quite get the same drum kicks he does. Its also rare for someone in his genre to produce 50 odd tracks and not overlap, with each of them being a unique piece of assbusting music. Also he could of kept releasing stuff to the sound of his big releases like Trojan and Supersonic but keeps going for unique and uncharted steez. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzZnQ0ITKp8

Mate introduced me to psy trance and love it since.

Omg such a fucking shit genre. You'll grow out of it and look back thinking 'how the fuck did I listen to that shit'

Fans of psy trance at normally acid tripping hippy faggots too.

Listen to more Mark Henning

That Mark Henning genre to me ain't bad, but i feel like it's use would be more suitable for music in the background at a cool cafe/bar.

Don't see myself listening to that type stuff on my ipod or in a club say. That's not to say it's bad, it's just what i've noticed when listening to that genre, which i really don't know what to call it. But i like triple J because it does play stuff like that, and theres some quality ones like:

I guess what i should say also, it's awesome cruising music

Edited by United

Trust me mate have a few pingers and wait for a Henning tune to be dropped in a club and you'll get what I mean. See the tunes 'Collider' and 'Trojan' for notable exampleS.

ps Daniel Avery isn't very far behind henning is one of my favourite producers. WARNING:Hipster bragging: I raved about Avery in late 2012 to largely deaf ears. When drone logic released he became huge and suddenly Acid house is the new cool indie thing on Triple j.

His best tunes are 'Movement' and 'Naive reception'

His tunes also get remixed really well. Danny daze's remix of naive response and Matt Walsh's remix of free floating are kingin.

• 3 weeks later...