Melbourne Football

The 'what are you listening to right now?' thread

marteaux

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

So @rayv36 I Google it, it's not Johnny Craig. But if you're into this shit I assume you dig dance gavin dance, saosin, emarosa etc? 

Bring out the guyliner lads... lets throw it back

edit: Do you listen to Slaves? (JCs "new" band).

Also this is what I've been listening to lately. Pretty sweet release from good old Ronnie Radke and Co (Falling In Reverse):

Edited by strider

6 hours ago, strider said:

Bring out the guyliner lads... lets throw it back

edit: Do you listen to Slaves? (JCs "new" band).

Also this is what I've been listening to lately. Pretty sweet release from good old Ronnie Radke and Co (Falling In Reverse):

I'm sad you didn't pull out seven years strides.

Incredibly under rated from this time is a sky lit drives first ep before they got the guy with no testicles on vocals 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I know it dates me, but is anyone else into some of the Brazilian music that was around in the 1960s - the era of Antonio Carlos Jobim, Luis Bonfa, Walter Wanderley, etc? If so you might be interested in "Ipanema Girl: the very best of Astrud Gilberto." New CD available from Birdland,com.au for $20 plus $10 Express Postage. Although I have most of the 28 tracks scattered through my vinyl collection it's nice to put on the CD and listen instead of jumping up and changing the record every 20 minutes. In fact, "So nice!"

Hard to realise that Astrud is now 80!

10 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I know it dates me, but is anyone else into some of the Brazilian music that was around in the 1960s - the era of Antonio Carlos Jobim, Luis Bonfa, Walter Wanderley, etc? If so you might be interested in "Ipanema Girl: the very best of Astrud Gilberto." New CD available from Birdland,com.au for $20 plus $10 Express Postage. Although I have most of the 28 tracks scattered through my vinyl collection it's nice to put on the CD and listen instead of jumping up and changing the record every 20 minutes. In fact, "So nice!"

Hard to realise that Astrud is now 80!

Well I am listening to a CD "Bossa Nova and the story of Elenco records, Brazil" which is comtemporary to the artists that you mentioned above. Elenco records was started by Aloysio de Oliveira who was originally with Odeon Records when they released the first Bossa Nova records. Elenco was to Bossa Nova what Blue Note Records was to jazz. Will chase that up.

• Like 1