Melbourne Football

The 'what are you listening to right now?' thread

marteaux

On 28 July 2016 at 1:39 PM, thisphantomfortress said:

UOTYH: tiesto is boring as fuck, seen him at twice so I have authority to say this

Wasn't once enough?

not someone I like to watch live.

Marlo or armin, at least they can put on a show worth going to

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

As in folks from Ballarat? Because the pool house is in north Melbourne and the "show" was reverence in Footscray. 

Fuck me i am such a smithies fan girl

I was thinking  the venue for the gig in the clip, looked very much like Karova Lounge, but I stand to be corrected. The band has mentioned before that Karova is their favourite live venue.  

• 2 weeks later...

Just came back from seeing The Used live at 170 Russel (billboards venue). Man, feels like world music needs a good kick up the arse. 

Is it just me or was music that little bit better 5 years before and 5 years after 9/11. The fuck happened? 

Edited by strider
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, strider said:

You're right mate. Shame I can't listen to "I took a pill in Ibiza", that 7 years song that gives me cancer and of course the lyrical genius of "Work" By Rihanna 

Saw today that Rae Sremmurd is top of the Australian charts (on spotify at least), possibly the strangest thing I've seen in a long time.

They are okay bu it's just not the type of shit that would be big here.

Edited by Tesla

8 hours ago, Tesla said:

Saw today that Rae Sremmurd is top of the Australian charts (on spotify at least), possibly the strangest thing I've seen in a long time.

They are okay bu it's just not the type of shit that would be big here.

maybe it has something to do with that super cringe mannequin challenge :hkpalm:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

So after 5 listens I'm happy to give my opinion on new Smithies album. I like it but easily the weakest of the four albums. Highlights are 25 and Passiona. Each of the three previous albums has had an X-factor that I think this one is missing.

Agreed. That being said this album seems a lot less depressing than the last few so hopefully that means good things for Will which is the most important thing

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Agreed. That being said this album seems a lot less depressing than the last few so hopefully that means good things for Will which is the most important thing

Haha my mum said Wil is on the way to suicide the way he sings, so it's good to see him sounding better.