Melbourne Football

Match day DVD's

Peter

This is actually a really good idea. Someone should pass the idea on.

I think at the end of this season or next they could release all the derbies in one pack with a heap of special features, such as player interviews/narration, behind the scenes stuff, pre-game and half time talks, etc. Would sell fairly well.

I'd also buy season highlights and perhaps features focused on specific players but these would sell a few thousand copies each at the the very most and may not be worth it for the club to spend the money making them.

Also my preference is for Blu-ray.

Edited by NoMorePineapple

Peter - come to pre-games at the imp next season. introduce yourself, get to know everyone and i'm sure you'll be able to get your hands on full match replays

Do these things Peter, and you will soon see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

• Like 3

Peter has a good point though.

The club should be producing End of Season DVD’s.

Anyone ever seen these videos a year after they have been released?

They are usually already so out of date they are fucken hilarious – So funny WSC dedicates an article to one each month in their magazine (One Article I never miss).

Edited by cadete

It's dont think it's a great idea. Remember, It's 2012, and DVD sales have dropped big time over the past few years.

The price would have to be high because it such a niche market, production costs, licencing fees, advertising, manufacturing costs, taxes, etc.

I'm sure the club would end up making a loss.

However a digital portal with a small fee should be something the club/league/Optus look at with delayed replays, highlights and maybe a weekly review/preview programs, etc.

• Like 2

The price would have to be high because it such a niche market, production costs, licencing fees, advertising, manufacturing costs, taxes, etc.

However a digital portal with a small fee should be something the club/league/Optus look at with delayed replays, highlights and maybe a weekly review/preview programs, etc.

Spot on, It's not feasible at all.

Maybe I'm "old school" but I find it strange that the club doesn't sell DVD's of matches (especially victories over the other lot), season highlights etc.

Is there a market for them or can games be downloaded nowadays?

Anybody?

Mate, you can get all of the games here. You'll need a torrent client, but I'm sure you know how that works.

https://acrossthetasman.com/forum.php

Edited by Hendo

It's dont think it's a great idea. Remember, It's 2012, and DVD sales have dropped big time over the past few years.

Spot on, It's not feasible at all.

Not feasible?

If this is the case then why has Port Melbourne FC been able to produce both a Grand Final DVD and Season Highlights DVD of last year?

Nothing fancy – But something that has done the job and for a lot less fans.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Not feasible?

If this is the case then why has Port Melbourne FC been able to produce both a Grand Final DVD and Season Highlights DVD of last year?

Nothing fancy – But something that has done the job and for a lot less fans.

They shoot their own match footage. Whilst Fox owns all HAL footage.

Can you even get A League grand finals on DVD?

Apart from paying a copyright fee or licence fee or whatever, I wouldn't think they would be expensive to produce. You don't need much production - they're just replays.

Maybe the cost is prohibitive, but I would've thought it would be in Fox's interest for their 'product' to be seen more widely. But I suppose they might think why would people subscribe if they can get what they want on DVD? And it's subscriptions that they're after when paying for the rights.

I suggested to the club once that they do a season highlights DVD. It would be great to give to members as an incentive to re-sign. But LR9 might be right. They produced those yearbooks last year instead.

Edited by Sash

Can you even get A League grand finals on DVD?

Apart from paying a copyright fee or licence fee or whatever, I wouldn't think they would be expensive to produce. You don't need much production - they're just replays.

Maybe the cost is prohibitive, but I would've thought it would be in Fox's interest for their 'product' to be seen more widely. But I suppose they might think why would people subscribe if they can get what they want on DVD? And it's subscriptions that they're after when paying for the rights.

I suggested to the club once that they do a season highlights DVD. It would be great to give to members as an incentive to re-sign. But LR9 might be right. They produced those yearbooks last year instead.

This issue was put to Scotty sometime during season 1 or season 2. His response, as I recall it, was that because Fox owns the images the club could do nothing about it.

FWIW, I've got every match from last season. In total comes to 33.5GB. Unsure of how to distribute to terrace. Open to suggestions.

buy me a 2 TB hard drive.

give to me for free because im a top bloke. ;)

I'm keen on getting games from season 1, first game against CCM and derby 1 specifically. Can anyone help me out?

Read.

Mate, you can get all of the games here. You'll need a torrent client, but I'm sure you know how that works.

https://acrossthetasman.com/forum.php