Melbourne Football

Matchday 7: v WSW - Friday 22nd November 7:30 pm at Bankwest Stadium

Harrison

2 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

It could be for either part, or maybe both with a pedant like Chris Beath

I must admit, I do find the whole penalty thing amusing in the A-League. How many have been given this season? Can’t help but laugh at the inconsistencies and confusion. And then you add VAR on top of it. It’s like a Greek tragedy. 

15 minutes ago, Harrison said:

I must admit, I do find the whole penalty thing amusing in the A-League. How many have been given this season? Can’t help but laugh at the inconsistencies and confusion. And then you add VAR on top of it. It’s like a Greek tragedy. 

Without VAR it would have still been a penalty right? Refs call.

2 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Without VAR it would have still been a penalty right? Refs call.

Yes. Decision was upheld so VAR didn’t think it was a clear and obvious error. Might’ve been you but whoever said it was an accumulation type of foul is probably right. Looks soft in isolation but I suppose they can be given. But if you give them once then give them every time. I just want consistency and decisions given that are within the laws and within the spirit of the laws.  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Yes. Decision was upheld so VAR didn’t think it was a clear and obvious error. Might’ve been you but whoever said it was an accumulation type of foul is probably right. Looks soft in isolation but I suppose they can be given. But if you give them once then give them every time. I just want consistency and decisions given that are within the laws and within the spirit of the laws.  

Remember that Fox only showed two angles in the process, so maybe VAR had (not saying absolutely but maybe just maybe) a different angle that showed something happened more clearly. Based on the Fox broadcast, it looked clear that the ref screwed up. 

1 minute ago, mattyh001 said:

Based on the Fox broadcast, it looked clear that the ref screwed up. 

But even from the sofa I could see the shuffle happening on top of the box as I was looking for the runners to cross to. I called for it but maybe I’m biased.

Holding in the box is now an offence to be punished.

Anyway enough from me on this 

17 minutes ago, bellydrum said:

Reading match day threads from start to finish is a good laugh. Especially with a game like this

But that's what real football is all about. Controversy, crying one minute, going off your head the next. It's what makes the game, and keeps bringing people back to it. Long may it continue.

What would there be to talk about if it was all cut and dried?

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

But that's what real football is all about. Controversy, crying one minute, going off your head the next. It's what makes the game, and keeps bringing people back to it. Long may it continue.

What would there be to talk about if it was all cut and dried?

In other words, this passion defines the heart of the club.

Beautiful to witness.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewConvert said:

City have conceded 11 goals thus far. The general opinion is that most have been conceded down the left side which is Jamieson's turf. So the question is whether anyone has been keeping stats where those goals have been conceded from open play? It would be interesting to know whether this is indeed the case.

Yes would like to see this. The A League Live App will show the final pass

Just now, NewConvert said:

City have conceded 11 goals thus far. The general opinion is that most have been conceded down the left side which is Jamieson's turf. So the question is whether anyone has been keeping stats where those goals have been conceded from open play? It would be interesting to know whether this is indeed the case.

the goals could also be conceded from his side when a foul is committed by him or someone covering for him.

He lacks the touch, the passing range, the positional awareness of the other defenders  Jamo, you are the weakest link...

1 minute ago, Kiro Kompiro said:

the goals could also be conceded from his side when a foul is committed by him or someone covering for him.

He lacks the touch, the passing range, the positional awareness of the other defenders  Jamo, you are the weakest link...

Nothing shits me more when we seem to be breaking away and Jamo unleashes a 50 yard pass to 1 v 3 and its not even to the player or in the players path.

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

But even from the sofa I could see the shuffle happening on top of the box as I was looking for the runners to cross to. I called for it but maybe I’m biased.

Holding in the box is now an offence to be punished.

Anyway enough from me on this 

Certainly get your point, and largely agree. 

The only problem I have is that you see that jostling many many times a game and its not always given. 

Anyway, the ref has given it and VAR has said all clear so that's the end of the story 

23 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Rather than making this a 'pick on Jamo' thread, every tactical decision is always a compromise, with risks. As well as liking to see him improve his positioning, I'd like to see the inverted winger role change sides during games, just to keep the opposition guessing

Agree for sure, is it the player or the style that’s the issue ? 
Galloway was pretty crap last night IMO been awesome the rest of the season 

so maybe change it up be less predictable 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

Agree for sure, is it the player or the style that’s the issue ? 
Galloway was pretty crap last night IMO been awesome the rest of the season 

so maybe change it up be less predictable 

I think that it's a bit of both. To be fair to both our FBs, they are playing an important role in a new system to them, it'll take some time. In the meantime, I'd be mixing it up just to make us harder to attack in transition

• Like 1

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

Rather than making this a 'pick on Jamo' thread, every tactical decision is always a compromise, with risks. As well as liking to see him improve his positioning, I'd like to see the inverted winger role change sides during games, just to keep the opposition guessing

We've had a tendency on here to pick on our left-back for as long as I can remember. Jack Clisby used to cop it for one.

2 minutes ago, neio said:

No way should we change our outside defender side just to change it up, their primaey job is to defend and Jamieson is obviously much more comfortable on left hand side

The wingers we can change sides but not our full backs 

What we’re saying is that jamo Tucks into the midfield as an inverted fullback maybe get Galloway to invert instead of Jamo at times to change it up

• Like 1

Just now, Missing_Moy said:

What we’re saying is that jamo Tucks into the midfield as an inverted fullback maybe get Galloway to invert instead of Jamo at times to change it up

But this is what I see as the biggest problem with this inverted full back, it's all fine when the ball is going down the left and we defensively have a back 3. But when the ball goes through the right and Galloway pushes up and attacks, and overlaps down wing. Jamo still comes inside and we are left with a back 2 of sorts and when there is a turnover its very dangerous. There needs to be more of a balance

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neio said:

Is there anything funnier than when wsw lose and they feel they been hard done by

IMG_20191123_130803.jpg

Is he calling himself a disgrace?

I agree, he's a fukn tool. Over exaggerates every single contact he gets. Watching him at the end there with the cut lip made me laugh.

1 hour ago, neio said:

But this is what I see as the biggest problem with this inverted full back, it's all fine when the ball is going down the left and we defensively have a back 3. But when the ball goes through the right and Galloway pushes up and attacks, and overlaps down wing. Jamo still comes inside and we are left with a back 2 of sorts and when there is a turnover its very dangerous. There needs to be more of a balance

Yeah for sure Jamo shouldn’t push into the middle when Galloway is attacking; he gives us a lot going forward Galloway 

6 hours ago, NewConvert said:

Where can you find the "full" league table these days? On the A-League web-site I can't find a way of expanding the short-form table into the full table - last season it was easy, but this season...?

2 hours ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Just download Fotmob 👌

Seconded. I'm constantly surprised at the people who don't know about this app. 

1 hour ago, haz said:

Just want to point out that if any teams under Victory win their game in hand. Victory can drop to last.

Meanwhile at the end of the table where the big boys play, it's looking increasingly like us vs Sydney. 

22 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Seconded. I'm constantly surprised at the people who don't know about this app. 

Meanwhile at the end of the table where the big boys play, it's looking increasingly like us vs Sydney. 

Fotmob is probably the best football app going around!! 

Agree, it does look like Sydney will be at the pointy end too!