Melbourne Football

Eli Babalj Appreciation..

Mozilla

Agreed with cadete, regardless of missed opportunities & perhaps sometimes poor attitude & effort, the kid is young & has done his part in his third to get us to the finals.

One of the few who has stood up in the second half of the season. Only turned 20 in late February, probably not on much more than the base wage, and has put a number of the more seasoned professionals to shame.

If Babalj was a watermelon, he would be a good watermelon.

I would like us to persist with him as first choice next season.

Eli I'm sure you would like that someone would choose you BUT the game last night proves you are NOT a footballer and you are lazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For god sake lose your ego because you haven't a reason to own an ego. A disgrace for walking around the field last night, I felt sorry for your team mates for playing one man down, you did realise it was a semi final !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DECENT STRIKER NEXT SEASON THAT WILL WORK HIS BUTT OFF> YOU CANT BE SUCH AN INCONSISENT PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eli I'm sure you would like that someone would choose you BUT the game last night proves you are NOT a footballer and you are lazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For god sake lose your ego because you haven't a reason to own an ego. A disgrace for walking around the field last night, I felt sorry for your team mates for playing one man down, you did realise it was a semi final !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DECENT STRIKER NEXT SEASON THAT WILL WORK HIS BUTT OFF> YOU CANT BE SUCH AN INCONSISENT PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol.

• Like 1

you've got no idea mate. From all the players who played last night you're gonna sit there blaming our lone striker? We could've had fkn suarez up there last night and still wouldn't have scored.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone.

I'm Toni from Serbia and I'm a Red Star Belgrade fan. Today our medias announced that Eli Babalj will join our club at the end of the season. As we are far away from you,we're not too much into Australian football,so we don't know much about this player.

I was wondering could you describe me his personality and,of course,his skills on the pitch? Like does he play only up front (striker position),how does he play with his weaker foot etc?

I hope I didn't break any of your forum's rule.

Best wishes. :)

I love Steve Irwin!!

Good morning peeps from the land down under! (има та нека фора да се за Аустралију гаже д ленд даун анда)

I would also like to say hi to my Serbian brothers: Држте се браћо у туђини! Ујацима нану нанину!

I am too a Red Star fan like this Toni fellow, but I'm not a dork like him that's for sure.

There are some stories circling our media about Babalj joining our team. Now we also have our own forum, but there is apsolutely noone who knows anything about Australian football league. Yes we all know who Harry Kewell and Tim Cahil are, we even turned Harry down so he had to settle for Livepool... but we don't know anything about Babalj. (чуј одбили Кјуела боктемазо)

SO!

I would like you to tell me few things:

- is the guy good in the box, can he make a chance for himself with one or two touches?

- how is his shooting, can he score from a distance?

- is he a mobile player or an anchor man?

- is he an egoistic guy or a team player?

- what do you think about Serbian girls? If you like them we can send some more, we got plenty here.

- did you know that Croats have stinky feet and that all their sewer system goes to the Adriatic sea? Terrible place for vacation.

AND.

If you give me these answers I'll be very thankful and reward you with a hilarious joke and a picture of a most famous leader of FK Partizan's fans.

edit: Ooh! One more thing: I saw on TV that there are a looot of white sharks over there... so I was wondering if it's possible to buy one as a house pet? Legal or illegal way, I don't care, I have the money and I have a pretty big pool (ака шарени лавор).

• Like 5

I would like you to tell me few things:

- is the guy good in the box, can he make a chance for himself with one or two touches?

- how is his shooting, can he score from a distance?

- is he a mobile player or an anchor man?

- is he an egoistic guy or a team player?

1) yes, if you ask me. this is one of his better attributes the way he can create shooting space for himself.

2) his shooting improved in every game imo, summed up by his goal in adelaide. so yes he can shoot.

3) a bit of both, he likes to come up the field to collect the ball and create space from time to time.

4) for me personally, eli can sometimes be selfish. shooting when a pass is on etc.

but all in all eli is an amazing young talent perhaps one of the brighter prospects we have coming out of this country at the moment but whether he is ready for european football is yet to be seen.

• Like 2