Melbourne Football

Australian Politics

toogood18

The quotes she used of Abbott to make him look like a misogynist were fair points that could be discussed further, he never said women don't deserve to be in power, etc, just that men may be more naturally designed for it. I think she was just clutching at straws, trying to take the focus off of her party.

That being said, some of the other stuff Abbott has said makes me think he's fucking retarded, such as referencing Alan Jones today. So he may just be sexist after all.

The quotes she used of Abbott to make him look like a misogynist were fair points that could be discussed further, he never said women don't deserve to be in power, etc, just that men may be more naturally designed for it. I think she was just clutching at straws, trying to take the focus off of her party.

That being said, some of the other stuff Abbott has said makes me think he's fucking retarded, such as referencing Alan Jones today. So he may just be sexist after all.

This loose defination of "Misogynist" would pretty much include most of the greatest Political Figures throughout history, it would also include most former ALP leaders...

Edited by cadete

Politics in this country is really interesting, especially with an election coming up in less than a year. Slipper resigning also adds further fuel to the fire.

I still believe it is incredible how the people who are supposed to be running the country act like a bunch of five year olds. Bloody pathetic if you ask me.