Melbourne Football

Babalj Replacement

Hazzaverx

Even with Eli we needed another option up front. Now we need two.

Have to say I feel pretty despondent right now. We seem to have stuffed up the coaching issue - may be JA will be a good coach but we've lost AM in the process. Now we have to sign six players to even make up the numbers. Can't see Gol Gol or Williams solving anything up front - Gol Gol as a winger maybe, but Williams showed nothing last season so what's chaged between then and now?

Reassuring tweets from JD but nothing concrete...

Thank God Jeremy Walker, Brodie Patterson and Stipo have stuck with us...

• Like 1

Even with Eli we needed another option up front. Now we need two.

Have to say I feel pretty despondent right now. We seem to have stuffed up the coaching issue - may be JA will be a good coach but we've lost AM in the process. Now we have to sign six players to even make up the numbers. Can't see Gol Gol or Williams solving anything up front - Gol Gol as a winger maybe, but Williams showed nothing last season so what's chaged between then and now?

Reassuring tweets from JD but nothing concrete...

Thank God Jeremy Walker, Brodie Patterson and Stipo have stuck with us...

One Bad season he may have had, but at north Queensland he was a standout, and is still young, a few more opportunities would be good for his confidence, but yes, we defenitely need to sign another forward, the good thing about Eli was his stature, so maybe another tall CF would be good.. Dream signing Del Piero with his contract expiry! *_*

as well as replacing babalj i think another player similar to terra is needed, big mistake made in letting ten players go this season already, no continuity. and with AM leaving and this as JA's first real coaching job, not sure how well the new signings will perform. felling abit blehhh about the new season. Il be prepared to eat my words tho.

as well as replacing babalj i think another player similar to terra is needed, big mistake made in letting ten players go this season already, no continuity. and with AM leaving and this as JA's first real coaching job, not sure how well the new signings will perform. felling abit blehhh about the new season. Il be prepared to eat my words tho.

So we need a guy that can only run out 40mins, providing that he never chases back, and this is of course when he is not injured most of the time? (I know this harsh but it’s the reality of Alex Terra).

Also CBF going through them all again - But the list of players we simply let go all had a very valid reasons beside each name.

• Like 2

So we need a guy that can only run out 40mins, providing that he never chases back, and this is of course when he is not injured most of the time? (I know this harsh but it’s the reality of Alex Terra).

Also CBF going through them all again - But the list of players we simply let go all had a very valid reasons beside each name.

I said similar...referring to his flair rather than work ethic on the pitch.

;)

50/50.

;)

More notably though, we should be taking the Asian spot far more seriously. We should be able to convince an up and coming young striker, AM from either Japan, or S. Korea with some mongrel to spend a couple of years shoring up their physical aspects of the game in Australia before heading to Europe. There has only been one example of this happening in the A-League and was largely successful. South Korean bloke, Song Jin Hyung, he subsequently moved to France after his two year stint with Newy.

Now we've got a fuckload of ridiculous Japanese talent pouring into Germany, why not go to Australia for a year or so before heading over?

Recent examples.

Kiyotake > Nurnburg.

Sakai > Hannover.

Really need to be shoring up links with Korean and Japanese clubs tbh.

mike-havenaar.jpg

1591694_FULL-LND.jpg

194cm of pure Japanese aerial power.

This guy looks like Scott Pendlebury.

For Babalj we need to find two solid 7-10 goal a year strikers. Now from within the squad I cannot see any of our current strikers (Hoffman) taking that step. The transfer market will be very hard to crack though.

• Like 3

There goes another Australian that will represent Serbia like Joey Didulica and Josip Simunic who represent a Yugoslav nation. (My prediction.) I cannot think of any lowly costed player that could replace him considering we have to fill in the spots for other players that had left the club already. Kwasnik from CCM anyone?...

There goes another Australian that will represent Serbia like Joey Didulica and Josip Simunic who represent a Yugoslav nation. (My prediction.) I cannot think of any lowly costed player that could replace him considering we have to fill in the spots for other players that had left the club already. Kwasnik from CCM anyone?...

I doubt anyone on this forum even knows if he is actually eligible for Serbia. AFAIK he is only eligible for Australia and Bosnia, and he wont be playing for Bosnia.

Now if someone on here knows where his parents and grandparents are born, we can determine whether he is eligible for Serbia.

There goes another Australian that will represent Serbia like Joey Didulica and Josip Simunic who represent a Yugoslav nation. (My prediction.)

and despite losing him from heart, this will be, in the long term, the saddest part of this whole story.

He has direct Serbian heritage from both his Father and Mother...

'Heritage' does not denote where they were born and resided though. He is 'Ethnically' Serb not Nationally. Bosnian born and cultural/ethnically Serb does not mean he's eligible to play for Serbia and Im yet to hear any of any inference he/they lived/were born in Serbia itself.

Edited by Braveheart
  • Like 1

Is it just me or do others feel duded by the lack of transfer news?

Sydney have signed players. Newcastle, west, Perth, have all announced signings.

The best news we have announced is one young star leaves, we sign a new coach but have two new coaching positions to fill. Add to that today's announcement that our striker is off to Europe (a year too early in my opinion).

Who's taking pre season anyway? We should at least have filled some spots by now. Let's hope it's not going to be a last minute squad like season 1.