Melbourne Football

City players for Olyroos

moops

I think there is also a rule that only 3 from each club can be selected for training camps 

January will be interesting though, as there is Olympic qualification games

I'd suggest we could be without Metcalfe, Najjarine, Glover, Genreau, Atkinson, Wales, and an outside chance Najjar if he scores a few goals 

24 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I see that the Sydney-Victory match mas been moved to Sunday because of Sydney's Socceroos call-ups, but Victory will be missing four players! What a stuff-up. https://footballnationradio.com/2019/11/11/victory-made-no-formal-request-to-postpone-big-blue/

Something I'd only expect from a team outside the top 6..... Oh wait.

9 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I see that the Sydney-Victory match mas been moved to Sunday because of Sydney's Socceroos call-ups, but Victory will be missing four players! What a stuff-up. https://footballnationradio.com/2019/11/11/victory-made-no-formal-request-to-postpone-big-blue/

I think I read somewhere that they had 10 days to request a reschedule, they didn't do it in time so missed out. If true, it's their own fault.

15 hours ago, neio said:

I think there is also a rule that only 3 from each club can be selected for training camps 

January will be interesting though, as there is Olympic qualification games

I'd suggest we could be without Metcalfe, Najjarine, Glover, Genreau, Atkinson, Wales, and an outside chance Najjar if he scores a few goals 

Might be the only time we see all five foreign players on the pitch at the same time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rass said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe he scored in all three games.

He scored twice. Once in the first and a penalty in the third match. As said above he was voted player of the tournament. Sublime touch and control of the ball. Better than I’ve seen in any other Australian kid. 

I’ve said this a few times now, the kid is a serious talent. In many ways it’s a good thing that he has to prove to Mombaerts that he deserves a spot in this team. He needs senior matches but the defensive side of a player’s game is nowadays a lot more important than it used to be. If Ramy can’t improve his work rate then he won’t get a game, similar to what Joyce was doing to Arzani at first.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Glover started against Thailand (Kayo now showing the matches), Genreau and Najjarine came on as subs, Genreau at half time.

Glover was solid but didn't have a whole lot to do, the first goal resulted from the ball bouncing off the near post to a Thai player, probably should have steered it around the corner as he was positioned to protect it.

Genreau was outstanding, we were behind and looked terrible and he totally changed the game as we came out 2-1 winners.

Najjarine came on late so didn't get to do much, had a shot opportunity but decided to cross and it was a good one, toure just couldn't put a boot on it. I like the look of Colocovski more tbh.

All in all a good second half by the Aussies after going one down, A win against Bharain and we win our group.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Didn’t see the game, but I did see that chance to Najjarine. 10/10 butchering. Made Wales look like Suarez.

All he needed to do was hit it first time, on his left. Harder to miss than to score. 
On a more positive note I’d never rated D’Agostino but he had a couple of nice finishes.

He actually did pretty well in the game, he, Piscopo (MVP) and Genreau were the standout players for me.

He won headers, scored his goals well and was getting involved, he had a solid game considering he hasn't really played.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, moops said:

He actually did pretty well in the game, he, Piscopo (MVP) and Genreau were the standout players for me.

He won headers, scored his goals well and was getting involved, he had a solid game considering he hasn't really played.

Haven’t seen the game but will watch it later. Guessing you’re referring to Ramy though?

2 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Didn’t see the game, but I did see that chance to Najjarine. 10/10 butchering. Made Wales look like Suarez.

All he needed to do was hit it first time, on his left. Harder to miss than to score. 
On a more positive note I’d never rated D’Agostino but he had a couple of nice finishes.

But did you see the next five seconds? He regained control and put a little cross literally straight on Toure’s foot on the line. Shame Toure couldn’t finish it. Ramy can finish but he needs more confidence. Regardless, it’s his ability to dismantle a defence that really impressed me. He usually is so skilful, but I loved that he was able to keep his composure and create such a great chance after making that mistake. 

On 12/01/2020 at 5:34 PM, citymad said:

Metcalfe was excellent in the first game against Iraq also. Would love to see him starting in the Bahrain game. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 of our boys starting, Metcalfe, Genreau and Glover. Both were kind of rested and Genreau only came on because we were so bad.

Najjarine looks better than the other right mid so could start as well, have to wait and see.

Glover and Najjarine starting against Bharain.

Genreau was going to start but rolled his ankle whilst training yesterday :(

Rammy scores our first goal!

Najjarine did pretty well, played very tucked in, almost central.

Edited by moops
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, moops said:

Glover and Najjarine starting against Bharain.

Genreau was going to start but rolled his ankle whilst training yesterday :(

Rammy scores our first goal!

Najjarine did pretty well, played very tucked in, almost central.

Good goal by Ramy. I’ve only seen the highlights but it did look like he was either on the right side in attacking midfield or on the right wing. 

Shame about Genreau. Wonder how long he misses. Glover was ok, probably couldn’t see the FK going around the wall. 

52 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Good goal by Ramy. I’ve only seen the highlights but it did look like he was either on the right side in attacking midfield or on the right wing. 

Shame about Genreau. Wonder how long he misses. Glover was ok, probably couldn’t see the FK going around the wall. 

Yeah great to see Ramy finish.

In regards to the free kick was the wall in the right place? There was something weird about it.

(the wall should cover one side and the keeper be in the other, yet the free kick went straight in the no wall zone, but there was no keeper to be seen)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

Yeah great to see Ramy finish.

In regards to the free kick was the wall in the right place? There was something weird about it.

(the wall should cover one side and the keeper be in the other, yet the free kick went straight in the no wall zone, but there was no keeper to be seen)

It was terrible. He’s put the wall right in the middle and he is standing behind it, so he can’t sight the ball, which results in a goal despite him ‘cheating’ and being nearer to the middle. 

Young keepers make mistakes. Hopefully this doesn’t happen again.

A6D2F7C0-71BB-4104-B42E-5524B420B27B.jpeg

Edited by Harrison