Melbourne Football

Matchday 6: v. Brisbane Sunday 17th November 4:00 pm Redcliffe

kingofhearts

12 minutes ago, haz said:

According to ultimate Aleague, Brisbane is one of the teams we perform best against.

Ultimate A-League is correct. We have a 13-5-10 record against them. Of the teams we've played the bulk of our matches against (i.e. not counting Gold Coast, North Queensland, and Western United) our record against Wellington is 13-6-10, but the record against all the others is worse. The worst are Perth (7-9-14) and Western Sydney (6-4-11).

32 minutes ago, neio said:

Is it this week we don't have Metcalfe, Najjarine and Glover on olyroos duty? 

It’s the China camp but I can’t see any confirmation.

2 hours ago, haz said:

Odds on Jmac being on the bench vs WSW? Surely he'll be back for the Perth game after the bye.

I don’t think so. Berenguer is a better chance from what I’ve read. 

That's not the end of the world with our squad. Genreau into midfield is the obvious and very strong option, but there are several other midfield permutations. There are likewise options on the wing, with Najj anyway so far being on the bench at best. Our third pick keeper is a big lad and can do a job. If it opens up bench opportunities for the next tranche of youth prospects then all good. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

if this is a home game we will comfortably win 3 - 0

not to kill the mood but last time we played away under Erick we lost 4 - 0 🖕

When was that, I can't remember? Must have never happened....

Edited by haz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, neio said:

Olyroos squad announced and confirmed we are missing Metcalfe, Glover and Najjarine for this one

Why don't we have international breaks again

Because people complain about not having a week of football and how having a break so early in the season disrupts the flow of the competition but then will also  complain about how playing about how playing through internationals how half the squad are missing= people like to complain

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Well there is a silver lining yes, but that’s not quite the same as a blessing.

yeah I know semantics.

Agree that 'blessing' isn't the right word, but a ruthless exposure of the weaknesses in our system should hopefully have given an actually good coach (which I assume Erick is) an opportunity to plan adjustments and contingencies based on such an outcome/approach from another opponent.

18 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Bouzanis

Galloway Delbridge Good Jamo

Brillante Griffiths Genreau

Noone Luna Wales

This is almost a lock. Otherwise, Berenguer might be fit but probably won’t start. Cabrera, Najjar and Colakovski are options off the bench. Gauci as the second keeper. 

Saw this on city fb page announcing w league signing 👀

30E326C6-53D9-452F-B07F-BF5F786F37A8.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dezy94 said:

Finding good avenues to goal in the absence of Maclaren at the moment, so we deserve to be favourites for this one. 4 wins in a row, chance to go 5. What’s our best run of consecutive league wins?

Pretty sure it’s five in a row. I vaguely remember being in a position to beat it maybe back in 2014/15 season. But I think we lost the sixth match? 

44 minutes ago, Dezy94 said:

Finding good avenues to goal in the absence of Maclaren at the moment, so we deserve to be favourites for this one. 4 wins in a row, chance to go 5. What’s our best run of consecutive league wins?

It is 5 straight according to the Wiki stats page... we have done it on two occasions back in 2011 and 2014.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Melbourne_City_FC_records_and_statistics

12 hours ago, MHFC-FAN said:

It is 5 straight according to the Wiki stats page... we have done it on two occasions back in 2011 and 2014.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Melbourne_City_FC_records_and_statistics

Correct. From my own records, longest run without a defeat also in 2013-14 - 7 matches. Ironically, Season 2013-14 also saw us go 14 matches without a win!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, haz said:

Bookies not that confident in us

Brisbane: 2.80

Draw: 3.40

Melbourne 😄 2.40

(I can't delete the stupid emoji on mobile)

Melbourne Smiley till I die.

9 hours ago, Imtellingyou said:

These steaks stats are so ridiculous and useless in our case.

I beg to differ, check this out...

hickeydottle-steak-2-fix.png

• Like 2