Melbourne Football

Season Preparation

heart_fan10

Nice one Tesla, what a coincidence that you posted that 5 minutes after Hoffman.

1. That account isnt me.

2. I dont use twitter much / at all.

3. I already posted in another thread the other day that it was Petreski in those photos, I knew about it before you asked Hoffman.

Edited by Tesla

Josh Groenewald?

http://www.sportingpulse.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=52422686&c=1-8746-0-203237-0&pool=1

Scored on the weekend for Western Suburbs so not sure if he could be training with us and them.

Funnily enough, the other goal scorer in that game was Fabio DiLizia. A friend of mine from way back, once captained the Joey's in his prime. Class CB, would be just as good as Hammill & Good if he was more dedicated. Trained with Heart a few times but never really impressed anyone. Was also on Victory's youth team for a season before they dropped him.

http://www.starnewsgroup.com.au/star/hume/111/story/50525.html - Was rated as the best under 16 in Australia back then. I can vouch for the fact that he is a footballing beast. Also played junior football with Behich, Mattei & Taseski.

Thanks for the life story, but thats not Groenwald. Groenwald has long hair and is taller, played the NYL last season and still training with us.

He usually wears his hair in a top-knot. Edit: Has he had a hair cut?

Why are we still in ISC gear?

Because the Kappa kits have not been delivered yet.

Edited by jw1739

Why?

I can't answer that, but I read a tweet from SM a while ago saying something like two months. I would think there are some production issues. After all, we don't have a coaching team or a settled squad, and some items (maybe most or all, I don't know) are personalised for individuals. Just a guess.

Strong backfire for LR9. Thats both Petreski and Groenwald he couldnt recognise (who are probably the 2 most recognisable guys in the youth team due to their respective hair styles), despite probably attending the most youth league games of anyone here.

We are so far behind the pack its not funny. Every club, bar West Sydney, is 1-2 players away from completing their squads, if they aren't already.

With Good gone and Hamill almost there, that leaves us with a defecate of 9 players since last season. Not to mention we only have one official Manager.

Player Movements:

Adelaide United

In: 4, Out: 6

Brisbane Roar

In: 2, Out: 4

Central Coast Mariners

In:5, Out: 4

Melbourne Heart

In: 4, Out: 13

Melbourne Victory

In: 8, Out: 7

Newcastle Jets

In: 10, Out: 11

Perth Glory

In: 7, Out: 8

Sydney FC

In: 9, Out: 9

Wellington Phoenix

In: 3, Out: 4

Western Sydney Wanderers FC

In: 10

Not to mention that with only 1 visa spot left, we have positions that need multiple players signed, eg CB and CF. CB is especially a concern as we are apparently using our visa spot on the CF, so we have to find at least 2 Aussie CBs that are available and willing to sign with us.

We are so far behind the pack its not funny. Every club, bar West Sydney, is 1-2 players away from completing their squads, if they aren't already.

That's right. Now we have the element of suprise!

Don't we? :huh:

Edited by Peter

Now that I'm on my PC, its easier to tell.

Bit hard when it's this small on my phone.

34xi1k3.jpg

PS: Petreski only played the last 2 games of the season, so he'd hardly be the most recognisable to anyone.

That is not Petreski, as mentioned he has a shaved head and looks and plays tough!

HOFFSANITY!

Hoffman again looms as a key improver for Heart during the upcoming season, demonstrating the promise which has seen him earn national team selection from U/17 to U/23 level.

Indeed, the 23-year-old’s pace, movement and acceleration proved troublesome for opponents Team White, indicating the Hyundai A-League Championship winner is ready to take the next step from gifted youngster to first-team regular.

Surely he was watching another game?

Edited by kingofhearts