Melbourne Football

The Gol Gol Mebrahtu trial

jw1739

What's the feeling about Gol Gol? Haven't seen much of him. From what I've read he's fast in short bursts, but hasn't got a big engine. And he can't shoot for toffee. I just think our fire-power up front could be wanting again this season, so is he the type of player we want?

he's definitely got some talent from what i've seen when he was playing for gold coast last season, and has a-league experience which is a bonus. Maybe not the most complete player, but having a look around at the australian players available i'm struggling to think who else we could sign as most of them have already been snapped up. At the end of the day if we can get him on basic wages i don't see why not. He could be a really handy player coming off the bench with his pace, and has proven to be a handful for defenders.

How was he not coached properly at GCU?

GCU in there short existance had a fantastic NYL setup...

Agree, he had Mike Mulvey coaching him for 3 years. I don't care so much if he can't score if he had 10 or 15 assists a year but he doesn't have that either. What does he offer that our existing list or NYL team don't offer?

• Like 1

Also archiving everything that's been said about him across all threads for future lol's

For you, likewise.

Agree, he had Mike Mulvey coaching him for 3 years. I don't care so much if he can't score if he had 10 or 15 assists a year but he doesn't have that either. What does he offer that our existing list or NYL team don't offer?

Bang on.

Spot on. There are some great lads in the youth side. We already had one show he had it. As long as they dont piss off after.

can cover part of our losses including Zahra, Worm, and Terra. also the idea of playing Williams towards the centre.

hes not a bad player you can look to when you need some spark and creativity on the field.

Sure would hate for him to be our best/only signing, but could turn out ok i guess.

get some finishing lessons from Eli, and hes good to go! ^_^

got some feedback from members of his old club. He cant finish, apparently prior to going to gold coast united was dropped from every club he went to. Went from state league to the reserve team to premier league and then was dropped to the reserve grade. Some guys say only Moron gave him a chance because he winged about other players behind their back to try and get put in a higher team. When it smells like a duck and waddles like a duck.................................. hey play him in the a league, we need to lose more money and he needs to buy more gold for around his neck............... thank you australia.

what is wrong with the a league, if a guy is hopeless crap they just move them from club to club....why can't you get rid of the shit and bring some new blood in, preferable somebody that can lift the game.The guy has been in the league for four years. How much more money has to be wasted before someone realises he is a waste of time, shit all the leagues in Brisbane dumped him so lets put him in the A League, get real.

Edited by mario

what is wrong with the a league, if a guy is hopeless crap they just move them from club to club....why can't you get rid of the shit and bring some new blood in, preferable somebody that can lift the game.The guy has been in the league for four years. How much more money has to be wasted before someone realises he is a waste of time, shit all the leagues in Brisbane dumped him so lets put him in the A League, get real.

People said the same thing about Behich, if you were a Heart supporter and not a Visitard troll and went to the fan forum you would know that these are the types of people we are trying to sign. The kid is young and has talent, just needs to work on his finishing.

In reference to mario, I dont understand why anyone sharing a differing opinion gets labelled a troll on this forum. Facts are facts and stats generally dont lie. 'no gol gols' has had a decent opportunity to show his wares and frankly isn't up to it, plenty of vpl etc players are of an equal or higher skill set but maybe mid 20's, nothing to say they can't improve when in a professional position that the a-league offers. While im sure we will be filling the roster with quite a few 1st time a-league players this season im with Mario in asking 'how many chances does the p.e.t bottle get. Not sure of mario being a troll, his a shit one if so. The club has provided tonnes of far better material he could go with.

• 3 weeks later...

People like Mario should embrace a player and not discourage them.I know this lad, he has played for big clubs only and he has never be dropped by a club. He has played for quality clubs like,Brisbane Olympic,Brisbane Strikers and Gold Coast United! Plus he has won three National Youth Titles and has played for the senior team as well.

• Like 1

People like Mario should embrace a player and not discourage them.I know this lad, he has played for big clubs only and he has never be dropped by a club. He has played for quality clubs like,Brisbane Olympic,Brisbane Strikers and Gold Coast United! Plus he has won three National Youth Titles and has played for the senior team as well.

Hi Gol Gol

Just needs to Put the ball in the back of the net and he will be a very handy player.

Checked with a mate, played for Olympic and got dumped from QLD state team to reserve state to premier to reserves, same with Brisbane Strikers and then trial with another state team at Logan and got dumped and apparently got his brother to go to the coach to bag another player so that No Goal Mehbratu didn't get dumped again and then went to cry on Mirons shoulder. Oh yeah he will score a shit load NOT apparently know for losing it infront of goal.