Melbourne Football

Milicic gone, two new assistants needed

heart_fan10

forgot to mention this in here,

one or two weeks ago I heard that an ex socceroo player that has been coaching in Greece recently, has applied for the assistant coach position. I forgot his last name but I remember he is Greek, first name is Joe and his last name starts with a 'P'

anyone know?

only one i found that matches that description is Joe Palatsides. One socceroo cap against Fiji in 1988.

http://en.wikipedia..../Joe_Palatsides

haven't heard of him myself. any takers?

edit: did a bit of digging and apparently he's good friends with Peter Tsolakis, manager of Northcote. Probably had a good look at the Trifiro brothers.

Edited by NuggetsMcGreggor

I will say I told JD by email about Munroe at the end of the first season, to keep an eye on him.

Next thing that happened was he signed for Perth, disappointed to be honest.

Missed a local talent, that I regard highly.

Munroe was rubbish at carlton! his best will only be as a number 2 to a number 2.

M8, shall. I mention sth Melbourne, Oakliegh, Dandenong and the success he has had at each club?

not to mention, he did amazingly at thunder in his year before going to Perth, players not turning up for training and so forth, where did thunder come compared to your precious club two years ago.

y

M8, shall. I mention sth Melbourne, Oakliegh, Dandenong and the success he has had at each club?

not to mention, he did amazingly at thunder in his year before going to Perth, players not turning up for training and so forth, where did thunder come compared to your precious club two years ago.

vpl and a-league are two different games.

lets not forget money plays a big part is a clubs success in the vpl.

Omg, really? The VPL has so much money coming in, every player can be employed full time!

Stuart Munroe has done good things wherever he has gone. Even Dandy thunder, before going to Perth, if you knew about absenteeism you would surly praise what he did for the club.

He seems to have great man management skills, see potential, be a great motivator and not bad in tactics, well liked as well.

you must be a wiki wizard, hoping hearsay and fabrication will support your argument.

Stuart Munroe has done good things wherever he has gone.

Thats why melbourne heart said...NO

He has been soooo good that he has coached at over a dozen clubs since carlton. i always though good coaches stay and never move on. was he ever moved on???? ohps!

Edited by markn

What are you on about? Time to take your cericles, or however their spelt, he has coached three clubs with success after Carlton!

All three clubs benefited from him, maybe Carlton chose to focus on AFL, we know they did anyway, they gave up.

Ahh yes . . . I think it was Joey Didulica at training yesterday working with the players. He's John's brother.

Didn't you say Hayden Foxe was there? He's unmistakable with his red hair. What was he doing there a second time if he isn't getting a role with the club?

I can't believe Joey Didulica would get a coaching gig at Heart unless as a GK coach. First, he was a goalkeeper, second I question whether he has any coaching qualifications, and third I doubt that the Football Operations Manager would appoint his own brother to a position within the club.

Although there is a rumour that John Didulica has applied for a position with the PFA.

Jeez, just fix up the coaching team Heart. Beyond a joke now. Half a squad and one coach. Everything looks good for 2012-13.

Edited by jw1739

From SMH:

In other A-League news, former Adelaide United youth coach Joe Mullen is tipped to join former Croatian international Joey Didulica on the new-look coaching staff at Melbourne Heart under rookie head coach John Aloisi. Mullen and Aloisi were briefly teammates in the old NSL at Adelaide City.

Reckon they have confused Joey with John. With Fairfax in the mess it's in, anyone could be writing that stuff.

The four shortlisted candidates were reported as Foxe, Mullen, Munro and Lowe. We know Munro didn't get it.

But time will tell.

When Joe retired, I thought there could be a great opportunity to get him to the club given his close relationship with John. Not sure in what capacity, but there aren't many Australians who have done as much as he has in his career - won titles in Holland and Austria and been part of the Croatian national team in big tournanments. Would have some great playing experience to draw from. What's Joe Mullen ever done? If we're into developing young coaches like Aloisi and Milicic, then why not Didulica? It's the board who would make the coaching appointments, so I'd think John's position would be to offer advice to the board. He wouldn't be employing him. Aloisi would presumably have input too.

The only issue I have is that I believe we need someone with a wealth of coaching experience in the mix. We need the right structure and support around the young coaches, (Aloisi, Foxe, Didulica or whoever) because they're learning as well, and so they're not left exposed when things get difficult.

Edit: Apologies to Joe Mullen. I'm probably being grossly unfair to him.

Edited by Sash

When Joe retired, I thought there could be a great opportunity to get him to the club given his close relationship with John. Not sure in what capacity, but there aren't many Australians who have done as much as he has in his career - won titles in Holland and Austria and been part of the Croatian national team in big tournanments. Would have some great playing experience to draw from. What's Joe Mullen ever done? If we're into developing young coaches like Aloisi and Milicic, then why not Didulica? It's the board who would make the coaching appointments, so I'd think John's position would be to offer advice to the board. He wouldn't be employing him. Aloisi would presumably have input too.

The only issue I have is that I believe we need someone with a wealth of coaching experience in the mix. We need the right structure and support around the young coaches, (Aloisi, Foxe, Didulica or whoever) because they're learning as well, and so they're not left exposed when things get difficult.

Edit: Apologies to Joe Mullen. I'm probably being grossly unfair to him.

Joey Didulica would be fine as a GK coach, but with Zois on board it's hard to see that happening.

Mullen is probably the 'experienced no. 2' that the club was crapping on about months ago, but I agree that his CV is not exactly outstanding. But none of the CVs of the alleged short-listed candidates are that good. Kenny Lowe - experience with Gateshead and Barrow - just about the bowels of English football? I think I'd have been pretty happy with Mike Mulvey - another rather bare CV but good results with the GCU NYL team - but seems he was never in the frame. Foxe will be all right if he gets the NYL gig.

What it seems they have done is hired 2 people to replace JVS or used the money saved from JVS to create a new position at the club to further assist JA.

Now also remember that the club has announced both the Youths and Seniors will be training together, that requires a few more eyes, so those that were doing two jobs before simply can't anymore.

Some teams have two senior assistant senior coaches, most teams have an assistant Youth coach and Sydney FC even have a Youth team assistant GK coach in Jimmy Fraser, so there are a combination of positions that could be filled.

I think the Football department be something like this:

Football Operations Manager: John Didulica

Technical director/video analysis: Ron Smith

Head Coach: John Aloisi

Assistant manager: Joe Mullen

Goalkeeping Coach: Peter Zois

Youth Head Coach: Hayden Foxe

Assistant/ GK Coach: Joey Didulica

Development squad/consultant: Josip Skoko

High Performance Manager: Martin Wollin

Strength & Conditioning Coach: Tom Reddin

Physiotherapist: Belinda Pacella

Dunno about you guys, but that fucking excites me. And that probably all comes at the same cost as last years football department, if not less.

• Like 1

I'd be very happy with that too. Rapt if we get Smith on board. Very happy to keep Skoko involved and with both Didulicas. As a team of coaches, there's plenty of youth, but heaps of valuable football experience from all their backgrounds.

And I can tell you that on Friday at least, Joey wasn't working with the keepers. He was very actively involved with the main squad. He also spent 5 years at AZ which is the club we're supposedly modelling our training on, and who's coaches (or someone) we had over as guests in the last couple of weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

The good old 'gel' factor. Remember, we used that excuse in Season 1 for the first 10 weeks or so. Until it became embarrassing to use it any longer.

My guess is that it's all finalised, just that the club's Public Reluctance department doesn't think it is of interest.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

The good old 'gel' factor. Remember, we used that excuse in Season 1 for the first 10 weeks or so. Until it became embarrassing to use it any longer.

My guess is that it's all finalised, just that the club's Public Reluctance department doesn't think it is of interest.

our PR department can't be that slow....surely not.

Im sure its headed by some very sound and smart people. think of all the great PR work they have done so far.

......on a more serious note the victory marketing department are pretty good.

Victory were able to have their practice match results from last night broadcast on sen. ohh and they even threw in an audio grab of the coach talking after the game.

"The Age" has reported today that:

Heart will finalise its coaching set-up later this week and the club based in the city's north is set to announce that Socceroos technical director Ron Smith will join them as a part-time video analyst and opposition scout. He will remain based in Canberra.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/sport/a-league/aloisi-hopeful-about-grella-20120723-22kkh.html#ixzz21SIjd7bK