Melbourne Football

2012-13 Membership

hakz7

So from memory in our 3 seasons of existence our membership slogans have been; Join us as we earn our stripes, red white and you and It's time to play your part.

Not overly bad but they don't really get my blood pumping. The best slogan I've seen attached to the A-League in general is "We are football"

I think the slogan this year is 'For the love of the game', which I actually like. In fact, I think it's great. Red white and you was shite. Hope it's not 'time to play your part'. Especially with that crappy font.

So from memory in our 3 seasons of existence our membership slogans have been; Join us as we earn our stripes, red white and you and It's time to play your part.

Not overly bad but they don't really get my blood pumping. The best slogan I've seen attached to the A-League in general is "We are football"

"It's football, but not as you know it" was good, IMO.

Renew before 1st August for the price freeze.

HEART HEAD HUNTER

Heart members old and new can help shape

the future of the club by signing up more

members. You will receive the following

rewards for your support:

= $20 merchandise discount voucher

= Football signed by team

= Access to exclusive players function

Top Heart Head Hunter

= The ultimate away game experience accompanying

players on trip with accommodation

lol, sign up 2 members, get a $20 voucher. As if they are only paying $10 in marketing per each membership currently.

I guess its not as bad as last season's "sign up 238358394573485345 people and go in the draw for a holiday".

Edited by Tesla

I guess its not as bad as last season's "sign up 238358394573485345 people and go in the draw for a holiday".

...which I still believe never took place because I've never seen a report or any publicity about the draw, the winner or the holiday.

Roff at 2 thirds of the payers in that vidio no longer being at the club. I thought clubs base marketing videos around current players... But I don't understand why Aloisi in a plaing kit is the face of the membership drive.

Agree that the video isn't great, but its OK for a freebie job with the club seaking to 'break even'.

Other then that glad its out love the 'For the love of the game' tagline, the e-mail looks appealing and I've already bought mine :)

Does anyone know why they used that photo of practically an empty stadium ?

This is pretty embarrassing TBH. That photo was one of mine for the blog. The whole point of my blog is a warts and all documentation of our club, including the good, the bad and the ugly. Ironically, it is supposed to be a look at the club without the "propaganda spin".

This shot was taken at the Sydney match when it was pissing down with rain and was supposed to be an accurate portrayal of that particular evening. From a photographic point of view (before they cropped out the framing) I stand by this shot, but not as an advertisement to come to games. I cant believed they used this on the advertising brochure.

• Like 1

Anyone notice level 3 will now be availible?

Seems very odd that there is no Gen Admin up there... :S

Was about to post this. Bad move imo, spreading the crowd out more by opening up the top will make our crowds look similar to Gold Coast's.

Lets work on filling the bottom level before we go up.

Much as these little blemishes ought not to be there, and they annoy me as much as they annoy others, in reality the brochure is not for us - it's for people who are not yet members. And they won't notice them. The wording about the inclusion or otherwise of matches against MV is a bit sloppy - plural here and singular there - but it's quite clear that which memberships include matches against MV and which don't.

IMO the real issues now are to get the coaching team sorted out, the squad sorted out, the NYL squad signed up, some hard yakka out there at Latrobe to get everyone fit and firing, and a pre-season against some competent teams, so we can hit the season running. Otherwise we're going to be bottom four.