Melbourne Football

2012-13 Membership

hakz7

My family normally sits in bay 18. Having been on terraces both here and overseas for the last twenty years or so I like the atmosphere and like to join in chants etc. Hopefully with things opening up, a wider culture will be able to evolve "organically" (ahhh, the beauty of catch words) with more people joining in than at the moment where you seem to have "active" and "inactive" areas.

You notice on the edge of the active area people half trying to join in without feeling comfortable to do so fully.

An option is to do away with "active" memberships and maintain the "active" areas and just let things sort themselves out with GA memberships. People will work out where they like to congregate.

Having children and a wife who doesn't want to be covered in beer, water and whatever else you have thrown up in the air, being able to find a spot in the broader active area where we can join in vocally and colourfully without worrying about the physical issues (pushing, projectiles etc.) is apealing.

Edited by Peter
  • Like 1

No disagreement. Apart from the "faux Euro" culture, our football culture seems to be more along the lines of AFL (which I suppose is Victorian if not Australian).

The first Heart game I attended I made a comment to my friend that it appeared that there was a South American influence with the drums etc. blending with the European feel as opposed to the days of the NSL which was solely on the European model based on the cultures of the clubs involved.

Again, hopefully with the expanded active area, supporters will get more involved this season. It would be great to see the whole Yarra Side with red and white on display, making noise for the Heart. Then the northen end as well until we have the whole stadium errupting. It works for Bayern Munich so why not us?

Back to the culture thing.

Whats with the $10 postage BS? It only cost $1.20 to send a 'large letter'...

Just another "thankyou" from the club for your ongoing support.

Maybe i've been influenced by the "breaking even" posts in these forums, but is the club all about number crunching or do they value members, supporters and staff?

Ehhhhhh. I think I've woken up tired and grumpy today.

Whats with the $10 postage BS? It only cost $1.20 to send a 'large letter'...

a true Scouse!

$1.20 for a large LETTER not a package that contains all the other bumpf ( although the club could save money and not have all that other crap).

--

My biggest concern is getting the seating allocation right for the derbies, been a full memeber (GA) from the start but as I go with kids (under 10 ) Active support is not really an option ( although with the extending of the active supporters bays it might be an option this year).

Edited by borris

a true Scouse!

$1.20 for a large LETTER not a package that contains all the other bumpf ( although the club could save money and not have all that other crap).

--

My biggest concern is getting the seating allocation right for the derbies, been a full memeber (GA) from the start but as I go with kids (under 10 ) Active support is not really an option ( although with the extending of the active supporters bays it might be an option this year).

The Membership package is included as a large letter, even with the stuff inside it, its still quite a compact package.

I've delt with plenty of postage in the past and from memory a large letter is a bit larger than A4 size, upto 3cm thick and .5kg in wieght.

Isnt registered post at least $2? Regardless, would rather pay $2 and only get my membership card, than pay $10 and get all the otehr stuff. Club saves money on producing the other stuff as well. Win-win.

It isn't registered, its regular postage.

Resigned my membership on saturday night don't want to sound like a tight arse but $10 for postage is abit steep

It's 're-signed', and I think you mean renewed anyway. :P

Edit: I would rather pay full price on this years membership and pick it up at the family day again, rather then getting the 'early bird' price and having to pay postage. It equals about the same cost but the club gets less money as it is now.

Edited by LR9

Resigned my membership on saturday night don't want to sound like a tight arse but $10 for postage is abit steep

If you mean you have given it up or quit, whilst I agree $10 postage is steep, you can arrange to pick up your membership at the open day or from the membership tent at the start of the season for no cost. Like a number of people our membership should have been at the open day and wasn't and the club ended up sending it out for free.

If you have re-signed - good on you.

If you have resigned - look forward to seeing you at home games once you have re-considered.

It isn't registered, its regular postage.

LOL. This is crap, because if they charge you for another membership card if its lost in the mail, thats not really fair, and if they dont charge for one if you say its lost in the mail, then you can just get a second membership card now by claiming it was lost in the mail, just in case you lose yours during the season and would then have to pay for another.

Aces signed a deal that will see them (lose a fair chunk of their eastern burbs attendance) play at the Altona baseball park for the next 3 years. I'll try an goto 1 game a series. But with the MHFC membership, I can't make it to Sunday games as I'll be playing baseball.

• Like 1

Aces signed a deal that will see them (lose a fair chunk of their eastern burbs attendance) play at the Altona baseball park for the next 3 years. I'll try an goto 1 game a series. But with the MHFC membership, I can't make it to Sunday games as I'll be playing baseball.

lend your pass to someone for the sunday games and they could end up future members. consider it a contribution to the good of the club.

I'm Premium A three seats from the Ace of Hearts bay, and if it's seating that is your main reason for changing then I wouldn't bother as I rate my seat better than those in the Ace section. In fact if I had my time over again I'd go for Premium B.

I'm curious, has everyone else received their email advising of memberships for 2012/13? Still nothing for me, even though I get all the regular update emails/fan forum etc. Maybe they don't want me..... They may have found out I once had a visitards membership.....