Melbourne Football

2012-13 Membership

hakz7

If five game memberships are no more, then I might just buy tickets to the big games and watch the rest on the box at home.

I hope they call me and ask why I am yet to renew.

Feel like I'm opening up a can of worms, but why not buy a full membership and go to say half the games? Support the club.

• Like 3

If five game memberships are no more, then I might just buy tickets to the big games and watch the rest on the box at home.

I hope they call me and ask why I am yet to renew.

Wow.... What disgraceful attitude to have, this is not the way to go about supporting a team. You do realise getting full membership will cost less than getting foxtel to watch the games, right?

• Like 1

I get so angry because the heart marketing team appear to care little for those supporters who wish to further support the club, but may not wish to commit to a full seasons membership.

Our club is closely modeled to ccm. We have a small market, and similar crowd numbers. Yet the mariners offer three and six game memberships, and these members can sit in fantastic seats on half way.

The roar offer three game memberships.

Even victory offered three and five game memberships available for purchase pre season. I bet they do the same this year.

Yet our management team seems to live in la la land. Even afl clubs offer small game packages available for purchase pre season.

Maybe someone from senior management should give me a call. I guarantee my ideas will increase crowd attendances.

Edited by markn

You'll find those sort of memberships are sorted out closer to the season once the club knows the complete fixture. This is so they can tailor those particular memberships to certain games. Clearly getting a 3 game 'membership' to see us play Victory, Brisbane and Adelaide is more attractive than seeing Wellington, Perth and Newcastle.

Chin up and buy a full membership.

• Like 2

Bit of a pain in the arse that the country membership no longer entitles you to get entry to the derbies, but I see the logic of selling out as much of the stadium as possible. As long as all members still get a chance to buy derby tickets before they go on sale to the general public/tards I'm happy.

Opening up the top tier seems a bit stupid, just means more security costs to police the whole stadium, and cleaning. Guessing commonsense will prevail and it will only be open for the games against the tards.

Think the club needs a Premium C option... $400 for GA family , $900 For Prem B family , $1050 for Prem A. (All figures approximate)

A big Gap between GA and PremB

A prem C option @$500-600 (family) on the wing edges (And up top once we get big enough), would be enough to entice some to a reserved seat and spend a little extra.

I cant justify an extra $500 to sit on the wing (in the open).

If it was just me perhaps , but it is a famiuly game/club and all

IMO many of the ideas being put forward are excellent. But AFAIK senior management doesn't follow this Forum.

If you want to put these ideas forward, either write them a letter or give them a call. Try the Fan Engagement Manager - that's what he's there for.

Given that it's still four months to the start of the season, and that we're not exactly overrun with membership renewals and applications, there's plenty of room in AAMI Park and therefore plenty of room to make changes and additions to membership options. And if not this season, there's always next season.

I think we've already seen enough to know that Heart HQ does not have all the answers, either on membership or PR, and that they just do not think outside the box.

I had some minor success with suggestions for the web-site last year, so maybe you can do better with the membership issue.

The budget is done by full memberships, we need 10k people to sign up to break even. By round 3-4-5 the chances of people still buying FULL memberships reduces by 99% you would think, that is when they bring out the 5 game memberships. If we have 7.5k full members and 2.5k 5 game members we still might hit the 10k mark but fall short of breaking even. I'm not sure why I posted this or that it even makes sense...

I know this doesn't help the club but it's pretty easy to get a GA membership and still sit on the wing.

Please tell me how to do it.

if that s the case i will buy a season pass rather than the 5 gamer. I hate the fact that last season i sat behind the coaches bench, yet on the other side of the pitch it was dead. Thats where i want to sit, on the other side of the coaches bench in the sun :)

Please tell me how to do it.

You just cheat your own club out of a few hundred dollars and get up and sit in the wrong section. Across 2 season i can only think of two occasions where i was asked to show my ticket, both were derbys.

Edited by NoMorePineapple

Had a bit of time at Uni this morning and put together a little table to check out the value of each membership.

As I was doing it I had an idea for a new membership scheme.

There are heaps of people I know don't buy sports memberships in general over the Summer, because they are away for long periods on holidays, etc.

My Idea is to offer prospective members the chance to build their own membership, offering from 3-10 game memberships or full (13).

For each game you add to your package, you save more and more % overall. On the membership portal, you would have to allocate which games you want to attend, and as for the Derbies, they would only available to members who purchase 7+ games.

(Example is based on adult GA membership)

25kij3l.jpg

Those savings are all over the shop, look at the Prem B family vs the Prem A family; but then the other prem B have higher savings than the equivalent Prem A.

Yeah, family B should be $820 (cost of 2 x adult, just like premium A)

But tbf, that's really the only one thats massively off.

What's important is the concept. You can play around with the arithmetic later. Put the concept to the club LR - bloody good work.

Had a bit of time at Uni this morning and put together a little table to check out the value of each membership.

As I was doing it I had an idea for a new membership scheme.

There are heaps of people I know don't buy sports memberships in general over the Summer, because they are away for long periods on holidays, etc.

My Idea is to offer prospective members the chance to build their own membership, offering from 3-10 game memberships or full (13).

For each game you add to your package, you save more and more % overall. On the membership portal, you would have to allocate which games you want to attend, and as for the Derbies, they would only available to members who purchase 7+ games.

(Example is based on adult GA membership)

25kij3l.jpg

Love the idea. the reasoning behind your concept is exactly the same as the one i have been recommending on this forum, but may i add far more detailed.

Hats off to you LR9. This incentive clearly would encourage supporters to become members. This is a similar concept adopted by ccm. They offer 3, 6, and all season pass tickets.

The club should not consider supporters who do not purchase full season memberships as a loss....but rather an opportunity! The concept behind LR9's membership structure should be commended.

would need to cap it out at say a max of 7 game membership cos anymore than that and you would want ppl to be buying full memberships rather than a full member "downgrading" to a lesser membership cos they know they will miss 2 - 3 certain games

• Like 1

I would have thought the awareness of the new seasons memberships would be a high priority for the club. Ala, inform all past and current members that they are available for renewal.

I have only found out about the release because I occasionally visit here, many people I know have no idea they can renew. This is massively negligent of the club and will result in a worse retention rate than what could be.

Just to add some mismanagement icing on the cake, I emailed David Lyon (Marketing and Fan Engagement Manager) to voice my concerns at the handling of this and, low and behold... Old mate is on annual leave until 4th of July.

Now, everyone has to have a work/life balance but seriously, try to be present when you release the product that should produce your clubs main source of income... And tell people about it!!!

I would have thought the awareness of the new seasons memberships would be a high priority for the club. Ala, inform all past and current members that they are available for renewal.

I have only found out about the release because I occasionally visit here, many people I know have no idea they can renew. This is massively negligent of the club and will result in a worse retention rate than what could be.

Just to add some mismanagement icing on the cake, I emailed David Lyon (Marketing and Fan Engagement Manager) to voice my concerns at the handling of this and, low and behold... Old mate is on annual leave until 4th of July.

Now, everyone has to have a work/life balance but seriously, try to be present when you release the product that should produce your clubs main source of income... And tell people about it!!!

As a member for two seasons I received my invitation to renew by e-mail on 7th June. How come you didn't receive same?

But, nevertheless...what you say about the Fan Engagement Manager being on leave is another example of the management sloppiness that has been the subject of comment in recent weeks...and if someone is on leave, don't you get someone else to fill in while they are away?

As a member for two seasons I received my invitation to renew by e-mail on 7th June. How come you didn't receive same?

But, nevertheless...what you say about the Fan Engagement Manager being on leave is another example of the management sloppiness that has been the subject of comment in recent weeks...and if someone is on leave, don't you get someone else to fill in while they are away?

oh no! we can't get someone else to fill in, that would mean spending money! remember this season is all about breaking even!

It appears that if you untick the receive correspondance by email you dont get email notification for when you can renew membership. I turned off the email notifications cos i was sick of the club newsletter and emails and i didnt receive the membership release email, but I think they should still send the email (just the one) letting members know they can renew

It appears that if you untick the receive correspondance by email you dont get email notification for when you can renew membership. I turned off the email notifications cos i was sick of the club newsletter and emails and i didnt receive the membership release email, but I think they should still send the email (just the one) letting members know they can renew

It would be a legal thing I imagine. Law is quite strict in Australia to do with email spam, and by unticking that box you have basically said you dont want / do not give them permission to send you emails.