Melbourne Football

2012-13 Membership

hakz7

For those (like me) who chose the monthly payment plan you will not need to do anything to renew your membership. The club will automatically keep you on the same plan unless you tell them you would like otherwise.

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 1

expecting a big membership drive this year, remembering that Peter sidwell wasn't happy with last years so it'll be interesting to see what the club does

Goes without saying really but a new marketing firm if we outsource or a staff turnover if we do it in-house is the first port of call.

Wouldn't be surprised if we get a marquee that will be the face of the club promotion wise.

Hi guys, new to the forum.

I would like the heart to offer a basic member only membership as well. A membership which you pay around $50 and get a membership card, hat and be added on a member based email newsletter. Gives fans who live outside Melbourne a chance to belong to the team and have a say in its future.

Just a thought but every bit helps the club. Membership should not just be based around getting a seat at a game. I would think there are hundreds of people in Australia who can't make it to Melbourne every second week to watch the boys.

This would give the chane for all to belong.

• Like 1

I would like the heart to offer a basic member only membership as well. A membership which you pay around $50 and get a membership card, hat and be added on a member based email newsletter. Gives fans who live outside Melbourne a chance to belong to the team and have a say in its future.

Just a thought but every bit helps the club. Membership should not just be based around getting a seat at a game. I would think there are hundreds of people in Australia who can't make it to Melbourne every second week to watch the boys.

We have an interstate membership or something like that already iirc.

With all the rats jumping ship i'm wondering what is wrong with our club as it appears most people that are able to are heading for the exit.

Hope to get some positive news soon on coaching, playing squad and management so that I can be convincing when I ask my wife for the membership money :)

This is like a social membership. Most golf clubs or football clubs have this. You buy it to support the club. You only get a card and gear maybe. Doesn't admit to games.

I haven't received an email or letter or any form of communication from heart all year

You should be receiving emails if you're a member. You might want to look into that. Not that I have read any of the emails, its usually news I have read on here already.

Edited by Tesla

I haven't received an email or letter or any form of communication from heart all year

Try to stay positive. Things do seem a bit amateurish at MHFC though. Perhaps that's why we don't have any signings save Redmayne, coaches are (by all accounts) leaving and we don't have any news. Hopefully this will change soon.

Off topic: The symbol on windows 7 in both the favorites and on the top bar for this web site is a blue box with a white V. Does anyone else have this offensive problem and can it be changed?

Off topic: The symbol on windows 7 in both the favorites and on the top bar for this web site is a blue box with a white V. Does anyone else have this offensive problem and can it be changed?

Its been brought up and will be changed. Its the logo for the forum software, just happens to be a V shape an blue and white.

i prefer a 5 game membership offer. i brought one last year and ended up getting another. But the 5 game memberships should be for our choice of home games. this would be far better than 5 games allocated.

ALSO - let us sit wherever we want. we only get 6,000 per game so why can't i just sit wherever i want?

The only reserved seating should be behind the coaches box. everything else should be general admin.

if we reduce the ticket sale price we might actually get more people to the games. more people = more membership = great profits.

For example. sell 2 tickers for $10, or 3 tickets for $9. The loss is only $1 but the gain is an extra attendance. More people = more interest in the club. It baffles me why the home ground we have is empty when the ticket prices are so high.

tbf he does have a point

but are we better off signing cunts up to a 5 game membership or letting them just rock up when they want for a handful of games? at least with the 5 game membership the club gets their info so they can send them emails, etc. and eventually maybe they might buy a season ticket. people don't just buy season tickets after no games

it happens at every club in the country where people rock up when they want e.g. if a big team plays, derby etc. A perfect example is the GF this year. Brisbane averaging 13k a game (probably less) then out of no where they sell out a grandfinal. clubs need to take advantage of this for example offering 50% off the first Roar home game if you have a grand final ticket, shit like that is what will attract people

i think some of you are missing the whole point of a 5 game membership.

Edited by yelawolf
  • Like 2

I think some of you are missing the whole point of a 5 game membership.

You have to balance it with the value of a season membership. If you make the 5-game "discounted" membership so attractive, what is the incentive to upgrade to a full membership?

You have to balance it with the value of a season membership. If you make the 5-game "discounted" membership so attractive, what is the incentive to upgrade to a full membership?

This is the current problem with our five game membership, $100 for 5-games in premium A seating, which then had option of the second set of 5 games for another $100 at $200 for 10 games is cheaper than a full season premium A membership Adult membership at $495 and you only miss out on the first 3 home games. I think it's alright if it had just been one set of 5 games, but when there was the two periods that covered the bulk of the season at 40% of the regular member price seems to give no incentive to buy a full upgrade as you can purchase the 2 sets of 5 games + 3 tickets for cheaper than a full memebership.

• Like 1

This is the current problem with our five game membership, $100 for 5-games in premium A seating, which then had option of the second set of 5 games for another $100 at $200 for 10 games is cheaper than a full season premium A membership Adult membership at $495 and you only miss out on the first 3 home games. I think it's alright if it had just been one set of 5 games, but when there was the two periods that covered the bulk of the season at 40% of the regular member price seems to give no incentive to buy a full upgrade as you can purchase the 2 sets of 5 games + 3 tickets for cheaper than a full memebership.

This is exactly my point. The only caveat is I'm not sure that the 5-game membership offer actually coincided with this scenario. That is, I think the 5-game membership became available after more than 3 home games had been played. I may be wrong, however, because I paid the full year and didn't pay too much attention to timing.

This is exactly my point. The only caveat is I'm not sure that the 5-game membership offer actually coincided with this scenario. That is, I think the 5-game membership became available after more than 3 home games had been played. I may be wrong, however, because I paid the full year and didn't pay too much attention to timing.

It did this season, I didnt buy a membership at the begining of the year as this was my first year with the heart and wasn't sure when i'd be able to make it, however later purchased the first 5 game membership.

Perth, Sydney and Newcastle were the first 3 games.

Then we had the first 5 game membership (Derby2,Adelaide,Perth,CCM,Brisbane)

Then i could have brought the final 5 games. (Derby3,GCU, CCM, 'Nix, Sydney).

we also released an 8 game GA membership as well this year but i cant remember the price.

Look I have paid $187.50 for the first two season for my Teen Reserve B.

The seat is close to perfect, last row and last seat (so closest to the exit) right on the wing! The view awesome, most of the time I can hear the players talk and feel part of the action.

I missed 5 games in the first year, and 3 last season, yet it was still amazing value for money (IMO).

Look the answers aren't to bitch and moan, if you can't make every game FFS who cares buy a membership, give it to someone else for the week, tell them to come along.

Bring mates to the game, maybe they might buy a ticket (it happened with me)

Put your money where your mouth is!

Are you guys telling me that you are allowed to buy two 5-game memberships a season?

Well there's the problem. Limit it to one per person per season.

Is a discount on a full membership offered after this? They should offer maybe 80% of the 5-game membership cost off on the cost of the full membership. Not 100% because then the incentive is to buy a 5-game membership and then a full membership as this gives the person an option on whether to continue their membership after 5 games or not, which makes it more valuable.

Those 5 game memberships are a fkn bargain when they include the derby. I paid $30 something just to upgrade to level 2 for the xmas derby from memory.

Be fuming right now if I'd have paid $495 only to get on here and read that. Might just wait the purchase out this year....

Yes, as someone who has bought two full (i.e. all-game) Premium A season tickets at the start of each season it has irked me to find later on that people can actually pay less, per game, if they buy a 5-game ticket. IMO the club should not allow this to happen in the future. The principal should be that the cost per game is less the more games the ticket covers. Full stop. So a 13-game ticket must be less, per game, than a 10-game ticket, which in turn must be less, per game, than a 5-game ticket, and so on.

Other than that, I have absolutely no issue with the club having a number of season-ticket options. 13-game, 10-game, 8-game, 5-game - take your pick. And if (a big 'if') it can be handled administratively, I see no problem in people nominating which games they want a ticket to cover. The object of season-tickets should be to build crowd numbers and interest in the club while at the same time getting as much money up front and into the club's coffers as is possible.

Overall costs? Wow, IMO the GA and family season-tickets are great value, and the various discounts (although I don't qualify for any of them) make season-tickets very attractive indeed. Anyone asking for anything cheaper has got to be kidding.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

Look I have paid $187.50 for the first two season for my Teen Reserve B.

The seat is close to perfect, last row and last seat (so closest to the exit) right on the wing! The view awesome, most of the time I can hear the players talk and feel part of the action.

I missed 5 games in the first year, and 3 last season, yet it was still amazing value for money (IMO).

Look the answers aren't to bitch and moan, if you can't make every game FFS who cares buy a membership, give it to someone else for the week, tell them to come along.

Bring mates to the game, maybe they might buy a ticket (it happened with me)

Put your money where your mouth is!

If that came off as a bitch and moan answer I'm sorry but it wasn't intended too.

I would have put at least 500 dollars into the club this year with mine & my partners memberships as well as merchandise, The only thing that stopped me from getting a membership was my work required me to work weekends and there was no point in getting a membership if I'd see one or two games. My employment circumstances have later changed and luckily for me I managed to get to 8 games this season.Next season I'll be a full member as if I can get to more than half the games because then it is as you mentioned a bargain.

Edited by Hammerhead

Yes, as someone who has bought two full (i.e. all-game) Premium A season tickets at the start of each season it has irked me to find later on that people can actually pay less, per game, if they buy a 5-game ticket. IMO the club should not allow this to happen in the future. The principal should be that the cost per game is less the more games the ticket covers. Full stop. So a 13-game ticket must be less, per game, than a 10-game ticket, which in turn must be less, per game, than a 5-game ticket, and so on.

Other than that, I have absolutely no issue with the club having a number of season-ticket options. 13-game, 10-game, 8-game, 5-game - take your pick. And if (a big 'if') it can be handled administratively, I see no problem in people nominating which games they want a ticket to cover. The object of season-tickets should be to build crowd numbers and interest in the club while at the same time getting as much money up front and into the club's coffers as is possible.

Agreed that 5-game shouldnt work out cheaper per game than full membership, but I dont think its a big deal if it is limited to 1 per season like I said.

As for 10-game, 8-game, etc. season tickets is the vast majority of the guys buying 10-game or 8-game memberships would happily buy a full membership. Would still come out cheaper than buying tickets individually, plus they feel more involved as a member. So I dont think this should be implemented personally. Side note, the choosing which games to attend could be handled easily over the internet, and wouldnt be a problem administratively at all.

• Like 2

Why?

I'm sorry, but I cannot help but feel that all these suggestions would end up benefitting only yourself, and not the club.

AyeCee - its a bit of a double edged sword. Without people like me there is no club.

The business theory is simple. Allow more people to attend the games = greater attendance = greater interest.

With greater interest you can demand more from sponsors (eg kit suppliers etc).

In today's economy not everyone can afford a season pass. For this same reason even AFL clubs offer 3-5 game memberships. It is better for the club to have something rather than nothing.

At first i could not afford a seasons pass, so the 5 game membership was appealing. We did well enough for me the purchase another 5 game membership.

Unfortunately the cost of living is rising. This will add added strain to families. Maybe the 3-5 game membership will enable those full season ticket holders to remain members, while encouraging others to join.

Will i buy a season pass following all the uncertainty expected from July 1st? I don't know - but a 5 game membership will get over the line! But i wont buy a five game membership if i have to sit behind the goals, when the half way line is bare.

Without people like me there is no club.

This is completely and utterly wrong. With people like you who aren't willing to sacrifice a few small things to buy a full season membership, the club will rely on small gate takings, most of which go to AAMI Park anyway. 100% of membership costs go to the club.

The business theory is simple. Allow more people to attend the games = greater attendance = greater interest.

With greater interest you can demand more from sponsors (eg kit suppliers etc).

What better way to show interest than having more full-season members signed up? Shows commitment to the club and a passion that goes beyond "this is a good deal for me".

In today's economy not everyone can afford a season pass. For this same reason even AFL clubs offer 3-5 game memberships. It is better for the club to have something rather than nothing.

So what you're saying is that you're struggling financially to the point where you can't afford a full-season membership? Despite family memberships being disturbingly cheap?

Interesting. Given that I live off less than $100pw, study full time, pay bills, petrol, food and living expenses AND STILL can make sacrifices to buy a full season membership, I don't buy this line of thinking. If you put away $5-10 per week, you'd be able to buy a family membership every year AND sit on the wings with them.

Unfortunately the cost of living is rising. This will add added strain to families. Maybe the 3-5 game membership will enable those full season ticket holders to remain members, while encouraging others to join.

The cost of living is rising for everyone. Don't use that as an excuse unless you're borderline broke and struggling to pay week by week. Anyone can make small sacrifices for what is, really, an inexpensive membership.

Will i buy a season pass following all the uncertainty expected from July 1st? I don't know - but a 5 game membership will get over the line! But i wont buy a five game membership if i have to sit behind the goals, when the half way line is bare.

Then buy a full season family membership on the wings! Or do you only care about the team enough to want to go to the Derbies?

No excuses. Support your club and buy a full-season membership.

• Like 2