Melbourne Football

Player Contracts - 2018-19

forbze

37 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Pretty disappointed with this post. You make completely unsubstantiated allegations about a specific staff member at City and go on to make these allegations about "a few" others. You raise the specific allegation that this is an issue between people who are of two different heritages, and then go on to say that you don't wish to start of "nationalistic arguments and agendas." Pull your head in mate. As for "your friend" who hasn't had a reply to his unsolicited communication - football clubs can get up to 40 offers from player agents a week (source: JD himself) - so I doubt that any of them respond promptly to unsolicited e-mails, even if they do at all.

Mate I clearly stated I have no problem with anyone but I know how certain people live and breathe so don't sell me that bullshit!!!

40 offers a week of 32 year old ex internationals with over 20 caps??? World Cup experience???

Please, give me a break.......

Do you want me to go through all our visa signings since the club started and evaluate how successful they all were???

Most of them were closer to 40 and could hardly move 👍🏼

4 hours ago, Wonder_Boy said:

3. So you think it's appropriate not to reply to an offer in a professional manner even though he is football operations manager?

When the offer is unsolicited, then yes it is appropriate.

4 hours ago, Wonder_Boy said:

And Tesla I can't see why you are so negative and shoot done people's ideas straight away, are you maybe John or related to him???

I'm just pointing out that there are many other explanations that make a lot more sense than your conclusion that it must be racism.

Edited by Tesla

7 minutes ago, Tesla said:

When the offer is unsolicited, then yes it is appropriate.

I'm just pointing out that there are many other explanations that make a lot more sense than your conclusion that it must be racism.

That's fine Tesla, but I am 99% sure that if the player offered was Niko Kranjcar he would've replied in a heart beat. And to be honest it wouldn't bother me because he would be a gun signing.....

Just now, Wonder_Boy said:

That's fine Tesla, but I am 99% sure that if the player offered was Niko Kranjcar he would've replied in a heart beat. And to be honest it wouldn't bother me because he would be a gun signing.....

Well I have no idea what JD would do, but if it was me I'd be a lot more interested in Krancjar than Milijas .

Given that Krancjar is a far bigger name, last played in the Premier League, has over 80 international caps, etc.

Compared to Milijas who last played in the Chinese second division, and before that in the Turkish second division for a team that has since been relegated to the third division.

Do you not think, that on paper at least, there is a big difference between those two players?

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

Well I have no idea what JD would do, but if it was me I'd be a lot more interested in Krancjar than Milijas .

Given that Krancjar is a far bigger name, last played in the Premier League, has over 80 international caps, etc.

Compared to Milijas who last played in the Chinese second division, and before that in the Turkish second division for a team that has since been relegated to the third division.

Do you not think, that on paper at least, there is a big difference between those two players?

Yes I would agree Kranjcar is more marketable, only question is recent form. You are starting a debate where I clearly stated I would be happy to have Kranjcar, your point doesn't really make sense at all???

So you are saying Melling, Retre and Fitzgerald are all better players than Milijas? Hahaha yeah ok 🙄

10 minutes ago, Wonder_Boy said:

So you are saying Melling, Retre and Fitzgerald are all better players than Milijas? Hahaha yeah ok 🙄

No I'm not saying they are, but they also don't take up one of the limited visa spots we have, and they don't take up $300k of salary cap space either.

Novillo takes up a visa spot and probably around $300k a season. Fornaroli takes up a visa spot and probably doesn't even get paid $300k a season. I doubt that a 32 year old who most recently played in the second division in China and Turkey is going to be as good as these guys

Edited by Tesla

5 minutes ago, Tesla said:

No I'm not saying they are, but they also don't take up one of the limited visa spots we have, and they don't take up $300k of salary cap space either.

Novillo takes up a visa spot and probably around $300k a season. Fornaroli takes up a visa spot and probably doesn't even get paid $300k a season. I doubt that a 32 year old who most recently played in the second division in China and Turkey is going to be as good as these guys

LOL you obviously have no clue about football and life.

We have a visa spot left and marquee spot left. We are close to a title but need a bit more class(especially with Paartalu leaving who was on close to 300k). We have room in the cap and you are telling me it is not worth giving him $150k for a 6 month contract???

Both Novillo and Fornarolli have had great seasons but you are comparing their pedigree to Milijas! Once again NO CLUE mate..........

This thread is actually intended to be about contracts that City has with its players, not about transfer speculation, suggestions, rumours, how City's recruiting works, etc. - there's a separate thread for that sort of discussion. IMO it would be helpful if we could try and keep that distinction.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Wonder_Boy said:

LOL you obviously have no clue about football and life.

We have a visa spot left and marquee spot left. We are close to a title but need a bit more class(especially with Paartalu leaving who was on close to 300k). We have room in the cap and you are telling me it is not worth giving him $150k for a 6 month contract???

Both Novillo and Fornarolli have had great seasons but you are comparing their pedigree to Milijas! Once again NO CLUE mate..........

lmao this is great.

• Like 1

I think this whole argument is why we got rid of the nationalistic bullshit NSL.

Someone is just trying to play the "I'm a persecuted minority- that's why you don't take my mate" card.

Given the distribution of nationalities and ethnic backgrounds we have had playing for us I think we can never be argued as being racist nor can we argue against Didiluca who like me is an ethnic!

Short answer may be that the player is not what we want. - end of!

• Like 1

On 2/10/2016 at 6:24 PM, Jake said:

What page are the current contact details on??

Here they are:

2015-16 SQUAD

Number           Name                           Contract until

Goalkeepers.
20                    Dean Bouzanis            31/5/16

1                      Thomas Sorensen (V) 31/5/17

Defenders.
4                      Connor Chapman        31/5/19.

24                    Patrick Kisnorbo          31/5/16.
22                    Jack Clisby                  31/5/18.

5                      Ivan Franjic                  31/5/18.
3                      Aaron Hughes (V)        31/5/16.

11                    Michael Zullo                31/5/16.

33                    Osama Malik                31/5/18.
2                      Alex Wilkinson           31/5/16.

Midfielders.
19                    Ben Garuccio               31/5/17.
8                      Aaron Mooy (M)           31/5/18.
25                    Jacob Melling               31/5/18.

18                    Paulo Retre                  31/5/18.

16                    Jason Trifiro                 31/5/16.
29                    Anthony Caceres         31/5/16  on loan from Manchester City.

Forwards.
14                    James Brown                31/5/16.
26                    Marc Marino                  31/5/16.

28                    Steve Kuzmanovski      31/5/17.

7                      Corey Gameiro              31/5/17.

9                      Harry Novillo (V)            31/5/17.

17                    Wade Dekker                31/5/16.

23                    Bruno Fornaroli (V)        31/5/17.
27                    Nick Fitzgerald               31/5/16.

Total number of players above: 24

5th February after signing of Alex Wilkinson.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

Anyway I won't go any further, I know exactly what I am on about and I'm sure certain people out there get the point but are playing dumb......

As long as we make good signings in the future I know I won't care who is what nationality or background, but can the same be said for everyone else? I think not!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2015-16 SQUAD

Goalkeepers.
20                    Dean Bouzanis            31/5/16

Defenders.

24                    Patrick Kisnorbo          31/5/16.

11                    Michael Zullo                31/5/16.

2                      Alex Wilkinson              31/5/16.

Midfielders.
8                      Aaron Mooy (M)           31/5/18.

16                    Jason Trifiro                 31/5/16.
29                    Anthony Caceres         31/5/16.  On loan from Manchester City.

Forwards.
14                    James Brown                31/5/16.

17                    Wade Dekker                31/5/16.

27                    Nick Fitzgerald               31/5/16.

Total number of players above: 24

SIGNINGS FOR 2016-17

Defenders
--                      Emmanuel Muscat         31/5/18. Will join City from Wellington at end of 2015-16 season.

Edited by jw1739
Edited 3rd March 2016

• 1 month later...

No guarantees Bruno Fornaroli and Harry Novillo will be at Melbourne City next season

April 28, 2016 9:00pm
DAVID DAVUTOVICHerald Sun

Fornaroli wins Golden Boot

external?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcontent4.video
player

MELBOURNE City’s gun visa duo Bruno Fornaroli and Harry Novillo depart for post-season holidays with their futures in limbo.

Record-breaking scorer Fornaroli is stalling on signing a new contract, with City having offered him an upgraded deal that would elevate him to marquee status.

Attacker Novillo hinted on Thursday he may depart and said a marquee deal may be needed to keep him in Australia.

163072982f0ac70957a2161214bafa06?width=6 Melbourne City stars Harry Novillo (left) and Bruno Fornaroli are no guarantee to be at the club next season.

Both are contracted for another year, but having scoring 35 and creating 10 goals between them, the uncertainty is concerning with Aaron Mooy (11 goals and 20 assists) destined to be sold to Europe.

“I really don’t know talking to you if I will be back next season,’’ Novillo said.

“I love Australia but it’s a bit far from (France) and I have to think about it if I want to come back next season.

“If nobody wants me, I have to come back. If somebody wants me they have to pay a transfer fee. The club would expect a transfer fee.’’

City have cut Aaron Hughes, James Brown, Jason Trifiro, Marc Marino and Wade Dekker along with assistant coach Luciano Trani, while fellow assistant Ivan Jolic walked.

Keeper Dean Bouzanis signed on.

Fornaroli, who leaves for Uruguay on Friday, was offered a fresh three-year deal believed to be worth over $700,000-aseason but his management is noncommittal amid overseas interest.

City refused to comment on either player but said they expect to see the pair back for pre-season in late June.

“Staying in the salary cap is not an objective for my career,’’ Novillo said.

“With 10 clubs and maybe 20 marquees, I expect that at least something is coming, but if it’s not coming it’s not my choice. That can make me stay in the country.

“I played only 20 games this season, not a full season, and if you look at the marquees from all the other clubs, only (Besart) Berisha did more than me.’’

yeah, nah. I don't like players negotiating their contracts through the press. Novillo was also suspended by the club and we now know that he did not always turn up to training on time. It has been exciting watching him play, it has also been frustrating watching him play, but for me team cohesion is more critical. And don't forget that CFG found you and they can find other players with your ability - it is as many have pointed out, a global market for players.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NewConvert said:

yeah, nah. I don't like players negotiating their contracts through the press. Novillo was also suspended by the club and we now know that he did not always turn up to training on time. It has been exciting watching him play, it has also been frustrating watching him play, but for me team cohesion is more critical. And don't forget that CFG found you and they can find other players with your ability - it is as many have pointed out, a global market for players.

This ++. I have enjoyed his flair and have been one of his fans but there would be lots like him that the CFG scouts could find. In fact with his head problems we may well be better off without him.

On 10/02/2016 at 9:08 PM, jw1739 said:

2015-16 SQUAD

Goalkeepers.
20                    Dean Bouzanis            31/5/17

Defenders.

24                    Patrick Kisnorbo          31/5/16. - GONE

5                      Ivan Franjic                  31/5/18. - Wants a return to Europe
- GONE

11                    Michael Zullo                31/5/16. - Interest from Brisbane

2                      Alex Wilkinson           31/5/16.
- GONE

Midfielders.
8                      Aaron Mooy (M)           31/5/18. - Most likely to leave
25                    Jacob Melling               31/5/18. - European clubs have a little bit of interest

16                    Jason Trifiro                 31/5/16. - GONE
29                    Anthony Caceres         31/5/16  on loan from Manchester City.

Forwards.
14                    James Brown                31/5/16. - GONE
- GONE

28                    Steve Kuzmanovski      31/5/17. - Expected to be gone.

17                    Wade Dekker                31/5/16. - GONE

27                    Nick Fitzgerald               31/5/16. - Expected to be resigned

Thats 7 GONE 2 uncontracted 1 on loan also expect Kuzmanovski to depart

Should be interesting to see what 6 Aussies are targeted in the offseason

Edited by AntiScum

Zullo is a real interesting one, I genuinely don't know whether he'll go or stay. I think he's a good player but I'm not completely sold on him as a left and he is quite injury prone. 

However I don't want to use a VISA spot on a left back and there's very little Australian left back options out there.

Just now, Jozzy said:

Zullo is a real interesting one, I genuinely don't know whether he'll go or stay. I think he's a good player but I'm not completely sold on him as a left and he is quite injury prone. 

However I don't want to use a VISA spot on a left back and there's very little Australian left back options out there.

Very interesting one. Depending on who else is available id probably keep him until someone else becomes free. Going to be another massive turn over of players. 

• 1 month later...

2016-17 SQUAD TO DATE

Goalkeepers.

Defenders.

6                      Osama Malik                31/5/18.
2                      Manny Muscat             31/5/18.
21                    Ruon Tongyik               31/5/18.

Midfielders.

29                    Anthony Caceres          31/5/17. On loan from Manchester City.
26                    Luke Brattan                 31/5/17. On loan from Manchester City.

17                    Daniel Arzani                31/5/18.
--                      Fernando Brandan(V)   31/5/18. On loan from CA Temperley (Argentina). To be confirmed.

8                      Neil Kilkenny                 31/5/18.

Forwards.

27                    Nick Fitzgerald               31/5/18.
11                    Bruce Kamau                 31/5/18.

Number of players listed above: 20.

As at 19th July 2016.

Edited by jw1739
Signing of Neil Kilkenny. Numbers for Muscat, Malik.
  • Like 2

It will be interesting to see the look of the squad at the start of the season. With Mooy and Novillo most likely leaving then that brings the squad down to 17. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kuzi leave so we will have 16.

It leaves plenty of room to bring in the right quality to make sure this is our strongest squad yet in the A League.

• 1 month later...
On 11/06/2016 at 6:05 AM, jw1739 said:

2016-17 SQUAD TO DATE

Goalkeepers.

Defenders.

--                      Manny Muscat             31/5/18.

Midfielders.

29                    Anthony Caceres          31/5/17. On loan from Manchester City.
26                    Luke Brattan                 31/5/17. On loan from Manchester City.

17                    Daniel Arzani                31/5/18.
--                      Fernando Brandan(V)   31/5/18. On loan from CA Temperley (Argentina). To be confirmed. 

Forwards.

27                    Nick Fitzgerald               31/5/18.

Number of players listed above: 19.

As at 8th July 2016.

So JW with Kilkenny signing that is 19 officially with the probable signings of Brandan bringing it to 20, and Cahill to 21.

I suspect Tongyil, Arzani and Kuzi would be the three under 23 players outside of the cap JW

So that should mean we have still 5 places to fill with 2 visa slots and a Marquee available. Think our squad is beginning to take shape.

Edited by silva10
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, silva10 said:

So JW with Kilkenny signing that is 19 officially with the probable signings of Brandan bringing it to 20, and Cahill to 21.

I suspect Tongyil, Arzani and Kuzi would be the three under 23 players outside of the cap JW

So that should mean we have still 5 places to fill with 2 visa slots and a Marquee available. Think our squad is beginning to take shape.

Beat me to it. I've brought the list up-to-date.

2016-17 SQUAD TO DATE

Goalkeepers.

Defenders.

6                      Osama Malik                31/5/18.
2                      Manny Muscat             31/5/18.
3                      Josh Rose                    31/5/17.

Midfielders.

--                      Daniel Arzani                31/5/18.
27                    Fernando Brandan(V)   31/5/18.

8                      Neil Kilkenny                 31/5/18.

Forwards.

23                    Bruno Fornaroli (M,V)    31/5/19.
14                    Nick Fitzgerald               31/5/18.
17                    Tim Cahill(FSGM)          31/5/18.

V: Visa player.
M: Marquee player.
FSGM: Full-Season Guest Marquee player.

Number of players listed above: 22.

As at 12th August 2016.

Edited by jw1739
Signing of Josh Rose.
  • Like 1

• jw1739 unpinned this topic