Melbourne Football

Player Contracts - 2018-19

forbze

we can build our team around Redmayne, Gerhardt and Tadic.

i would keep Kalmar, and he probably deserves a contract going on his potential.

germano is a must keep. just a bit unlucky with injuries at times.

and cant believe gol gol isnt on $500,000 a week.

Redmayne hasnt proved himself yet, IMO hes perormances overall have been below par, he hasnt been any better than Bolton so far. Hes only better with his distribution compared to Bolton. Hasnt earned a spot on next years squad list yet (dont know if hes contracted or not?). Id give him a few more games to prove himself and if we still have any chance of finals, bring Bolton back in.

i would keep Kalmar, and he probably deserves a contract going on his potential.

Redmayne hasnt proved himself yet, IMO hes perormances overall have been below par, he hasnt been any better than Bolton so far. Hes only better with his distribution compared to Bolton. Hasnt earned a spot on next years squad list yet (dont know if hes contracted or not?). Id give him a few more games to prove himself and if we still have any chance of finals, bring Bolton back in.

Redders was superb vs Newcastle, and only made one mistake vs Brisbane.

The last thing we want is to be chopping and changing keepers. Redders has been great so far and if he keeps it up he should keep the spot. fairly obvious....

• Like 2

Redders is contracted for next season

Don't know what games you've been watching. Hasn't proved himself? You've got to be joking.

• Like 2

Redders was superb vs Newcastle, and only made one mistake vs Brisbane.

The last thing we want is to be chopping and changing keepers. Redders has been great so far and if he keeps it up he should keep the spot. fairly obvious....

Redders is contracted for next season

Don't know what games you've been watching. Hasn't proved himself? You've got to be joking.

He gave away a penalty against Newcastle, looked quite nervous in goals overall, and in the last game against Brisbane he was quite poor, should have done better with Berisha's second goal and towards the end of the match was no where to be seen when the crosses came in. I can understand JA giving him a chance to prove himself at this level but IMO in his 2 matches this season he hasnt performed up to Boltons level yet. I'd be much more confident with Bolton in goals come finals time if Redders doesnt improve significantly.

One thing that redders does that bolton doesnt wgich would definately lead to conceding less is holding the ball when making saves. I have complete confidence in redders.

Dont forget that for both of redders big mistakes, if the defence/midfield hadnt fucked up he wouldnt have made any mistakes.

Fwiw i dont think he did much wrong for the pen he gave away

He's 25...

and he cant improve?

I really dont think Kalmar is an A League player, which is frustrating as I know that as soon as he is delisted he will causes all kinds of havoc as a Number 10 in the VPL/NSWPL.

You can see it when he plays for Heart that he has ability but the pace of the A League is always half a second too fast for him. So often I want him to launch a thunderbolt at goal (Which he can do) but by the time he decides to... his always covered and it’s too late.

He's 25...

and he cant improve?

I really dont think Kalmar is an A League player, which is frustrating as I know that as soon as he is delisted he will causes all kinds of havoc as a Number 10 in the VPL/NSWPL.

You can see it when he plays for Heart that he has ability but the pace of the A League is always half a second too fast for him. So often I want him to launch a thunderbolt at goal (Which he can do) but by the time he decides to... his always covered and it’s too late.

I still think he can play a role in our team as a reliable backup in midfield.

Don't mind his lack of physical attributes as he actually is quite skillful. Would rather this than someone who is as fit as a fiddle but is generally a spastic footballer (Hoffman).

• Like 1

As long as we have players like Thompson and Hoffman in our midfield then there is room for Kalmar who offers more than both of them put together, despite his limitations in terms of pace and injury problems.

Kalmar can at least pass the ball and give us a little creativity in midfield.

Hoffman is straight out crap - Hence why Germano replaced him in the side as soon as he was fit to play and why he will not be offered another extension.

Thompson on the other hand is pretty much at the same level as Kalmar IMO - The difference is Thompson is at the end of his career and once was a very good player in his day whilst Kalmar should be at least reaching the peak of his career.

Neither of them should receive a New Contract if we are serious about being a Finals Side.

• Like 1

I think at this stage the ones who deserve to be around next season are:

Richard Garcia (31) Captain, plz!!

Patrick Gerhardt (27)

Josip Tadic (25)

Andrew Redmayne (24)

David Williams (24) (Would have been in the second if not for his 3 year contract and a bit of bad luck this season)

Mate Dugandzic (23)

Jonatan Germano (23)

Golgol Mebrahtu (22)

Aziz Behich (22)

Sam Mitchinson (20)

Jeremy Walker (20)

David Vrankovic (19)

Ben Garuccio (17)

Stephan Mauk (17)

The ones who could still prove they are worthy (or might come down to an issue of money) are:

Fred (33)

Matt Thompson (30)

Cameron Edwards (20)

And the ones whose days I think are numbered are:

Clint Bolton (37)

Simon Colosimo (34)

Vince Grella (33)

Steven Gray (31)

Dylan Macallister (30) (I think he may have signed a 2 year deal though)

Nick Kalmar (25)

Jason Hoffman (23)

Could potentially have well over 1 million in cap space, with a hugely impressive and young core squad to begin with. The addition of a couple of seasoned pros and one or two key international additions could set us up for a real tilt at the title.

Would defiantly require a new keeper, a complete overhaul in defense (something thats been required sine season 1), a couple of mids and a 2nd CF (Eli??). Everything else would be gravy.

• Like 1

Patrick Gerhardt (27)

Josip Tadic (25)

Andrew Redmayne (24)

David Williams (24) (Would have been in the second if not for his 3 year contract and a bit of bad luck this season)

Mate Dugandzic (23)

Jonatan Germano (23)

Golgol Mebrahtu (22)

Aziz Behich (22)

Sam Mitchinson (20)

Jeremy Walker (20)

David Vrankovic (19)

Ben Garuccio (17)

Stephan Mauk (17)

The ones who could still prove they are worthy (or might come down to an issue of money) are:

Fred (33)

Matt Thompson (30)

Cameron Edwards (20)

Clint Bolton (37)

Simon Colosimo (34)

Vince Grella (33)

Steven Gray (31)

Nick Kalmar (25)

Jason Hoffman (23)

Could potentially have well over 1 million in cap space, with a hugely impressive and young core squad to begin with. The addition of a couple of seasoned pros and one or two key international additions could set us up for a real tilt at the title.

Would defiantly require a new keeper, a complete overhaul in defense (something thats been required sine season 1), a couple of mids and a 2nd CF (Eli??). Everything else would be gravy.

Agree with most bar I would keep Fred. Garcia captain definitely. Wouldn't keep Thompson. Would keep Kalmar.

And Il'l probably get grilled for this but I wouldn't mind if Colosimo stayed another season. Don't think he is done yet. Fans have been pretty harsh on him but I don't think he's been that bad. Errors every now & then but name an A-League centre half who doesn't ffs. Probably cost us as many points as Gerhardt has this season.

Germano should be on more than minimum wage. Wouldn't hesitate to offer him a 2-3 year contract with a wage rise if I was in charge @ Heart.

1 GK Clint Bolton

2 DF Michael Marrone

3 MF Cameron Edwards

4 DF Simon Colosimo (Vice Captain)

5 MF Fred

6 DF Patrick Gerhardt

8 MF Matt Thompson

9 FW Dylan Macallister

10 FW Josip Tadić

11 MF Richard Garcia (Captain)

13 MF Jonatan Germano

14 FW Golgol Mebrahtu

15 FW David Williams

16 DF Aziz Behich

17 MF Jason Hoffman

18 DF David Vranković (Youth)

19 MF Ben Garuccio (Youth)

20 GK Andrew Redmayne

21 DF Steven Gray

22 MF Nick Kalmar

23 FW Mate Dugandžić

24 DF Sam Mitchinson (Youth)

25 DF Jeremy Walker (Youth)

26 MF Ersin Kaya (Youth)

27 MF Stefan Mauk (Youth)

31 MF Vince Grella

This would leave:

1-GK

6-DF

7-MF

4-FW

Would like:

Manny Muscat-DF

Adrian Madaschi-DF

Jerrard Tyson-GK

James Virgili-MF

Kofi Danning-FW lol

Mitch Nichols-MF

Eli Babalj-FW

Francesco Totti-MF and FW (Marque)

All with Miron Bleiberg as Manager

Note: did not take youth players out for the obvious of not seeing them much

Edited by MrAiDaN66

Patrick Gerhardt (27)

Josip Tadic (25)

Andrew Redmayne (24)

Mate Dugandzic (23)

Jonatan Germano (23)

Golgol Mebrahtu (22)

Aziz Behich (22)

Sam Mitchinson (20)

Jeremy Walker (20)

David Vrankovic (19)

Ben Garuccio (17)

Stephan Mauk (17)

Fred (33)

Matt Thompson (30)

Cameron Edwards (20)

Clint Bolton (37)

Simon Colosimo (34)

Vince Grella (33)

Steven Gray (31)

Nick Kalmar (25)

Jason Hoffman (23)

I'm afraid you will have to include Macallister because he's on a two-year contract.

I would not keep Fred or Thompson.

I'm not sure on Germano - team-mates don't seem to read him too well.

Otherwise I'd go along with you.

Patrick Gerhardt (27)

Josip Tadic (25)

Andrew Redmayne (24)

Mate Dugandzic (23)

Jonatan Germano (23)

Golgol Mebrahtu (22)

Aziz Behich (22)

Sam Mitchinson (20)

Jeremy Walker (20)

David Vrankovic (19)

Ben Garuccio (17)

Stephan Mauk (17)

Fred (33)

Matt Thompson (30)

Cameron Edwards (20)

Clint Bolton (37)

Simon Colosimo (34)

Vince Grella (33)

Steven Gray (31)

Nick Kalmar (25)

Jason Hoffman (23)

I'm afraid you will have to include Macallister because he's on a two-year contract.

I would not keep Fred or Thompson.

I'm not sure on Germano - team-mates don't seem to read him too well.

Otherwise I'd go along with you.

I would only be offering Germano a new contract if he can show he can remain fit for the rest of season...

Patrick Gerhardt (27)

Josip Tadic (25)

Andrew Redmayne (24)

Mate Dugandzic (23)

Jonatan Germano (23)

Golgol Mebrahtu (22)

Aziz Behich (22)

Sam Mitchinson (20)

Jeremy Walker (20)

David Vrankovic (19)

Ben Garuccio (17)

Stephan Mauk (17)

Fred (33)

Matt Thompson (30)

Cameron Edwards (20)

Clint Bolton (37)

Simon Colosimo (34)

Vince Grella (33)

Steven Gray (31)

Nick Kalmar (25)

Jason Hoffman (23)

You've totally nailed it! Especially Fred and Thompson. Less $ take it or leave it.

And Garcia captain!

Edited by billyheart

if tadic scores over 10 goals this season i think he'll be re-signed by the club and if babalj does come back and sign for another couple of season's we'll have both him and tadic as strikers who are very similar, so surely macallister would not get any game time. IF that's the case, i think we need to sign an international striker/winger who brings something different to what tadic and babalj bring in that he is very quick and light on his feet. A better version of alex terra basically

That's what gol gol is for mate.

Exactly

I really dont see why we need another Winger, we have Gol Gol, Williams, Garcia and Mate will be back next year...

Plus Ben Garrucio looks like he can develop to a decent left winger.

that's true, maybe another AM then on a visa? We seem to go into the season with 1 high quality AM (Fred/Skoko), but whenever they were injured or out of form, we've never had anyone to be able to fill that position effectively.

Exactly

I really dont see why we need another Winger, we have Gol Gol, Williams, Garcia and Mate will be back next year...

that's true, maybe another AM then on a visa? We seem to go into the season with 1 high quality AM (Fred/Skoko), but whenever they were injured or out of form, we've never had anyone to be able to fill that position effectively.

Bresciano

Would rather this than someone who is as fit as a fiddle but is generally a spastic footballer (Hoffman).

hahahahhaa

Agree with most bar I would keep Fred. Garcia captain definitely. Wouldn't keep Thompson. Would keep Kalmar.

And Il'l probably get grilled for this but I wouldn't mind if Colosimo stayed another season. Don't think he is done yet. Fans have been pretty harsh on him but I don't think he's been that bad. Errors every now & then but name an A-League centre half who doesn't ffs. Probably cost us as many points as Gerhardt has this season.

Germano should be on more than minimum wage. Wouldn't hesitate to offer him a 2-3 year contract with a wage rise if I was in charge @ Heart.

Since the christmas derby, Shime has been great.

actually quite confident in our current center backs.

obviously if we were able to get madashi the whole situation changes.

how good is Gerhadt's english? if its good enough, would rather him be captain, as CBs often make better leaders.

Dmac future in the air?

His first half in the youth game, he was just ok.

His lack of movement is a worry. Looks like his body struggles now. I wouldn't be surprised to see him let go by mutual consent.

Flawed signing IMO. Not quite at A-League level.

Two young children AFAIK, so I doubt he'll just retire, so it would be up to us to find somewhere to move him on to.

Exactly

Bresciano

You do realise you just explained why Bresciano is not the player we should target as our next Number 10?

IMO it be much better for the club to target a younger, fitter and more reliable player (in terms of injuries) for this key posistion than we have in the past... think someone like Vidosic.

Dmac future in the air?

His first half in the youth game, he was just ok.

His lack of movement is a worry. Looks like his body struggles now. I wouldn't be surprised to see him let go by mutual consent.

Flawed signing IMO. Not quite at A-League level.

Two young children AFAIK, so I doubt he'll just retire, so it would be up to us to find somewhere to move him on to.

He actually could probably make the exact same amount money his on now as VPL/NSWPL striker.

When you factor in his playing wage on top of the wage he could earn from a normal job - One that is most likely given to him by a supporter of the club.

Edited by cadete

Players fit into 3 categories

Definitely Keep

6 Gerhardt

10 Tadic

11 Garcia

13 Germano

14 Merbrahtu

15 Williams

18 Vrankovic

19 Garruccio

20 Redmayne

23 Dugandzic

24 Mitchinson

25 Walker

36 Babalj

Possibly Keep (depending on money, and new signings)

3 Edwards

4 Colosimo

8 Thompson

22 Kalmar

31 Grella

Leave The Club

1 Bolton (retire)

5 Fred (for a key marquee he is too injury prone)

9 Macallister (I know he contracted, but with Eli back really no chance)

16 Behich (will be off to Europe)

17 Hoffman (too many in his position)

21 Gray (well what a waste of a visa spot)

So I believe this will need us needing a back up keeper. I think we should look at Thomas from victory. He has been pushed out there. Remember the first derby, if it wasn't for him we would have kicked 5

Another CB - Madashi perfect

A LB to replace Aziz

An AM - I'd be looking at getting a real quality international marquee for this in the mould of Broich. By letting Fred go our marquee spot is open

Can't believe anyone would think Thompson is worthy of a contract extension. People are blinded by that derby double last season.

Agreed, in my assessment he has had just two "passable' games in 2012, and the rest have been way, way below his capabilities. On that basis he should be released. With a squad max of 23 no club can afford passengers.

Haven't seen Grella yet so wait for an assessment.

Of those coming off contract I would certainly like to keep Richie Garcia, and I think based on more recent form it would be advisable to offer new terms for another season to Simon Colosimo. I can't find any compelling reasons to keep any of the others.

• jw1739 unpinned this topic